Shigesato Itoi updated his site’s MOTHER section with a Mr. Saturn message about MOTHER 2’s 20th anniversary! Here’s a translation of the text, courtesy of good ol’ Chewy:
It’s been 20 years now since MOTHER 2 came out.
…Are you happy?
・Yes → Me too.
・No → Be happy!!
(And Mr. Saturn proceeds to use untranslatable Japanese of course)
(meaning in English: Nothing. It’s just two different options of what comes at the end of a sentence, put together for further gibberish.)
(Then there are some Mr. Saturn icons)
“Feel free to use these icons in your Twitter profile to celebrate the anniversary.”
Chewy continues by saying:
Itoi has changed his to a cute pink version of this drawing, which he drew. (You can see his Twitter here.)
Feel free to match Itoi on Twitter! And wish MOTHER 2 a happy birthday.
Man, 20 years later and the dude’s still doing stuff with MOTHER 2! If you want to say hi to him or wish him thanks, you can tweet at him here.
Other Related Posts:
10 Comments to Shigesato Itoi Celebrates MOTHER 2’s 20th Anniversary
Featured Item on eBay:
Earthbound SNES Super Nintendo
- Star and Moon: “…if an incredibly good-looking son born by a mistress were to come with a planning document that seemed really...
- .: pokemon? legend of zelda?
- JM: Hi NichoMania, Thanks for the comment. I took another look at the line and the Japanese is: アメリカ系の人はずっと「『4』が作られつつある」と言ってます が、嘘に決まっているじゃないかと（笑）。...
- NichoMania: Great translation, but something has been bugging me about it… Ever since, I read the last post about Itoi saying people in the...
- Sat: Thanks! I love the anecdote with the university professor.