Shigesato Itoi, Giygas, and Boobies
Shigesato Itoi updated his site’s MOTHER section with a Mr. Saturn message about MOTHER 2’s 20th anniversary! Here’s a translation of the text, courtesy of good ol’ Chewy:
It’s been 20 years now since MOTHER 2 came out.
…Are you happy?
・Yes → Me too.
・No → Be happy!!
(And Mr. Saturn proceeds to use untranslatable Japanese of course)
(meaning in English: Nothing. It’s just two different options of what comes at the end of a sentence, put together for further gibberish.)
(Then there are some Mr. Saturn icons)
“Feel free to use these icons in your Twitter profile to celebrate the anniversary.”
Chewy continues by saying:
Itoi has changed his to a cute pink version of this drawing, which he drew. (You can see his Twitter here.)
Feel free to match Itoi on Twitter! And wish MOTHER 2 a happy birthday.
Man, 20 years later and the dude’s still doing stuff with MOTHER 2! If you want to say hi to him or wish him thanks, you can tweet at him here.
Other Related Posts:
10 Comments to Shigesato Itoi Celebrates MOTHER 2’s 20th Anniversary
Leave a reply
- BreakinBenny: @game4brains Are you surprised the GBA games sound much better when their sounds are extracted through GBAMusRiper? I think...
- Iw: Hyperstar, I looked up the trophy in question you keep talking about when it comes to a “love interest”. If it’s the same one...
- Anonymous: Are you sure this wouldn’t be a great opportunity to rally the troops to put together a nice definitive localization of the Mother...
- Anonymous: Hyperstar96, incredibly literal interpretation of language is detrimental. Stop derailing conversation with it.
- Leeaux: @Hyperstar96 You completely missed the point I was making by focusing on a small mistake that I already corrected.