An Onett Arcade in Real Life
Shigesato Itoi updated his site’s MOTHER section with a Mr. Saturn message about MOTHER 2’s 20th anniversary! Here’s a translation of the text, courtesy of good ol’ Chewy:
It’s been 20 years now since MOTHER 2 came out.
…Are you happy?
・Yes → Me too.
・No → Be happy!!
(And Mr. Saturn proceeds to use untranslatable Japanese of course)
(meaning in English: Nothing. It’s just two different options of what comes at the end of a sentence, put together for further gibberish.)
(Then there are some Mr. Saturn icons)
“Feel free to use these icons in your Twitter profile to celebrate the anniversary.”
Chewy continues by saying:
Itoi has changed his to a cute pink version of this drawing, which he drew. (You can see his Twitter here.)
Feel free to match Itoi on Twitter! And wish MOTHER 2 a happy birthday.
Man, 20 years later and the dude’s still doing stuff with MOTHER 2! If you want to say hi to him or wish him thanks, you can tweet at him here.
Other Related Posts:
10 Comments to Shigesato Itoi Celebrates MOTHER 2’s 20th Anniversary
Leave a reply
- JesusLovesNess: Tomato, thank you so much for taking the time to post all of this information! We all owe you a great debt of gratitude!
- Omelette de Lucas: All the Mother content is amazing, old and new. Though I wish Lucas wasn’t reduced to a mere trophy. I would have even...
- earths defender: Oh my gosh yes! Totally going at midnight to get all of the mother goodness! I can’t believe theres so much attention to...
- JamesBond007: I’m going to try the Magicant Stage after unlocking Ness. I’m planning a team battle – Toon Link and Ness vs two...
- Autistic Pichu: NYEAH! This gam suks cuz DK an DX ar in lov insteed of DD an DX! Joking aside, I think the randomizer thing is pretty cool! And now...