EarthBound-Style Sprite Bonanza
A couple readers have sent in some pictures of the Devil Car enemy from MOTHER 1/EarthBound Zero as it apparently appears in the upcoming Smash Bros. games. I don’t know the source of these or if they’re even legitimate, but I thought I might share them anyway since they look pretty cool regardless:
In EarthBound Zero, this name was actually localized to “PsychoCar” to avoid the devil reference. So if this is legitimate, it’s interesting to see it being reverted. How the times change!
Other Related Posts:
33 Comments to MOTHER 1’s Devil Car in the New Smash Bros. Games?
- Mother2fan: I can’t even fathom why they would make such a minute change to that battle background.
- DJMankiewicz: Very interesting. I had suspected that Earthbound’s “dulled” battle effects were done in emulator rather than as a...
- Chivi-chivik: I think that the lightning change in the ‘PK Flash get’ animation was put so you can see better how the lightning strikes...
- joe411: Perhaps some changes were made since the Wii U’s GBA emukator adds a darker color filter?
- Mato: DIO: We checked those too, Mother 2 has so many versions that I dunno what to call the Wii U version, but it and the New 3DS ones are the...