Mailbag: The Octopus Statue
Yesterday was the 25th anniversary of MOTHER 1’s release in Japan, and thus also the 25th anniversary of the start of the MOTHER series!
Fans celebrated in many different ways yesterday, including streaming various playthroughs of the games, posting memories, and doing lots of amazing art.
(by Zakeno on Tumblr)
I swear, it feels like just yesterday I put up this page for MOTHER’s 20th anniversary – the time is just zooming by!
I think MOTHER 2’s 20th anniversary is sometime next month, and EarthBound’s 20th anniversary is a little less than a year away. And MOTHER 3’s 10th anniversary is the year after that. Too many anniversaries!
Anyway, in the off-chance that you’re reading this and new-ish to the series, you can read some more about it all in a simplified guide I made here!
Other Related Posts:
36 Comments to MOTHER Series’ 25th Anniversary
Featured Item on eBay:
Earthbound + Super Mario RPG (Super Nintendo, SNES) Carts Only - Working saves
- Mattiac: Mato-san, is the system behind printing articles different/cooler in this Italian version compared to your English version?
- Ryan: Chi la dovra’ portare -> Who will carry it (‘la’) 😎
- Mattiac: I’m wearing my beautiful tinfoil hat so I assume that Mato-san signed a NDA so he can’t tell us he translated Mother 3 for...
- That Guy: Plenty of folk here saying “Ah, just more rumors, just like all the other rumors.” Those rumors were before the game was put...
- Parkraft123: @Alec Sega actually contracted 2 Sonic Fan game developers to do the mobile ports of the first 2 Sonic games, with the engine they had...