Shigesato Itoi, Giygas, and Boobies
Yesterday was the 25th anniversary of MOTHER 1’s release in Japan, and thus also the 25th anniversary of the start of the MOTHER series!
Fans celebrated in many different ways yesterday, including streaming various playthroughs of the games, posting memories, and doing lots of amazing art.
(by Zakeno on Tumblr)
I swear, it feels like just yesterday I put up this page for MOTHER’s 20th anniversary – the time is just zooming by!
I think MOTHER 2’s 20th anniversary is sometime next month, and EarthBound’s 20th anniversary is a little less than a year away. And MOTHER 3’s 10th anniversary is the year after that. Too many anniversaries!
Anyway, in the off-chance that you’re reading this and new-ish to the series, you can read some more about it all in a simplified guide I made here!
Other Related Posts:
36 Comments to MOTHER Series’ 25th Anniversary
- Cool Spot: Man, I’ll definitely be buyin’ one of these… Fangamer shirts are the best!
- Mr. Knuckles: So awesome, Camp Fangamer is gonna be a-MAZE-ing!
- Kyle: Come on Nintendo. Mother 1 and Mother 3 in America
- Zenn: Awesome! Such a cool design and for a good cause to boot. I can’t wait to buy one! I’ve talked my friend into getting one as well!
- Jdaster64: This is pretty cool! I always knew MOTHER 3 had a lot more interlocking references to its various themes than the first two games....