Have You Seen Giygas?
Yesterday was the 25th anniversary of MOTHER 1’s release in Japan, and thus also the 25th anniversary of the start of the MOTHER series!
Fans celebrated in many different ways yesterday, including streaming various playthroughs of the games, posting memories, and doing lots of amazing art.
(by Zakeno on Tumblr)
I swear, it feels like just yesterday I put up this page for MOTHER’s 20th anniversary – the time is just zooming by!
I think MOTHER 2’s 20th anniversary is sometime next month, and EarthBound’s 20th anniversary is a little less than a year away. And MOTHER 3’s 10th anniversary is the year after that. Too many anniversaries!
Anyway, in the off-chance that you’re reading this and new-ish to the series, you can read some more about it all in a simplified guide I made here!
Other Related Posts:
36 Comments to MOTHER Series’ 25th Anniversary
Featured Item on eBay:
JAPANESE IMPORT Mother 2 VGA 85+ ARCHIVAL CASE
- Ness' Dad: Thanks for signing Ness’ hat!
- Nate1312: I got to attend the Camp, and all I can say is that you all did a fantastic job making it a truly one-of-a-kind experience. It was fun...
- Mato: Ryan: Thanks for the kind words! I always feel embarrassed when people say stuff like that to me 😛 As for Pokey, here’s his Twitter!...
- Bionicfemme: I’m gonna watch all of the streams over again and pretend I’ve gone back into a time machine to re-live the glory of this...
- Ryan: Btw, who played Pokey? Everyone was great but I thought the Pokey character was particularly tough and particularly well delivered.