Yesterday was the 25th anniversary of MOTHER 1’s release in Japan, and thus also the 25th anniversary of the start of the MOTHER series!
Fans celebrated in many different ways yesterday, including streaming various playthroughs of the games, posting memories, and doing lots of amazing art.
(by Zakeno on Tumblr)
I swear, it feels like just yesterday I put up this page for MOTHER’s 20th anniversary – the time is just zooming by!
I think MOTHER 2’s 20th anniversary is sometime next month, and EarthBound’s 20th anniversary is a little less than a year away. And MOTHER 3’s 10th anniversary is the year after that. Too many anniversaries!
Anyway, in the off-chance that you’re reading this and new-ish to the series, you can read some more about it all in a simplified guide I made here!
Other Related Posts:
36 Comments to MOTHER Series’ 25th Anniversary
Leave a reply
- neonix: It’s a Mr. Saturn enema bag…
- neonix: I think it only makes sense for Magicant to also be in the Wii U version. They said that exclusive stages for each game would be ones based...
- AConcernedGamer: Keep in mind that a Masterpiece does not necessarily need to begin at the time that the guest console is booting up. Super Smash...
- MysterySprite22: This is weird, but not as weird as the belly warmers. xD
- Toby: I doubt you could get to Jr./Son of Starman, as you would need to have everything memorized to come even close. Besides you also have that...