Meeellla Ness Figure!
For years Jeffman and I have worked on-and-off putting together the next version of the MOTHER 3 translation patch – mostly fixing existing bugs, glitches, typos, and such. Before releasing the new version 1.2 patch, though, we need to test it out all the way through to make sure stuff hasn’t broken… and I had an almost spur-of-the-moment idea to stream it live while testing it. So last night PoeTrader and I started doing just that!
A lot of viewers showed up and it turned into a cool Q&A sort of format while I also gave inside info and even pointed out things lots of people don’t notice and/or miss in the game. We spent about four hours going through Chapter 1 – you can see the archive here. It’s full of info and trivia and stuff!
Watch live video from clydemandelin on TwitchTV
We’ll be streaming it over the next week or so I assume, until we’ve finished the game without encountering any issues. There’s no set schedule or anything, it’ll probably be a few hours each night, though, so if you wanna join in and ask questions or chat with others, the streaming will be here. I’ll also announce it on my Twitter before we go live, so you can follow me there for updates too. I’ll be archiving all the streams for reference in some for or another, so if you miss a stream, no worries.
I’m actually hoping we can get Jeffman in on the fun too – it’ll almost be like a translation reunion! He actually did a lot of hacking work for version 1.2 that fixes bugs and issues that were in the original Japanese game, like Duster’s battle sound stuff 😯
Also, as I mentioned a few times in last night’s stream, we’ll be publicly releasing translation tools and files around the same time as the version 1.2 patch, so that people who speak other languages can translate MOTHER 3 into their own language. The tools won’t work with every language, but I’m sure clever fans can figure out workarounds of their own or build off of our work.
We’ll also be releasing the assembly source code for the hacks, so that people who are curious about how the technical side of the project can scream in horror. And who knows, maybe it’ll allow intrepid programmer to help improve the programming even more down the road.
UPDATE: If you’ve missed any of the streams, I’ve been archiving all the videos and placing them on my YouTube account here: Link
Other Related Posts:
30 Comments to Testing the MOTHER 3 v1.2 Patch Live!
- Mother2fan: I can’t even fathom why they would make such a minute change to that battle background.
- DJMankiewicz: Very interesting. I had suspected that Earthbound’s “dulled” battle effects were done in emulator rather than as a...
- Chivi-chivik: I think that the lightning change in the ‘PK Flash get’ animation was put so you can see better how the lightning strikes...
- joe411: Perhaps some changes were made since the Wii U’s GBA emukator adds a darker color filter?
- Mato: DIO: We checked those too, Mother 2 has so many versions that I dunno what to call the Wii U version, but it and the New 3DS ones are the...