M2EB Update: Fourside 2
For years Jeffman and I have worked on-and-off putting together the next version of the MOTHER 3 translation patch – mostly fixing existing bugs, glitches, typos, and such. Before releasing the new version 1.2 patch, though, we need to test it out all the way through to make sure stuff hasn’t broken… and I had an almost spur-of-the-moment idea to stream it live while testing it. So last night PoeTrader and I started doing just that!
A lot of viewers showed up and it turned into a cool Q&A sort of format while I also gave inside info and even pointed out things lots of people don’t notice and/or miss in the game. We spent about four hours going through Chapter 1 – you can see the archive here. It’s full of info and trivia and stuff!
Watch live video from clydemandelin on TwitchTV
We’ll be streaming it over the next week or so I assume, until we’ve finished the game without encountering any issues. There’s no set schedule or anything, it’ll probably be a few hours each night, though, so if you wanna join in and ask questions or chat with others, the streaming will be here. I’ll also announce it on my Twitter before we go live, so you can follow me there for updates too. I’ll be archiving all the streams for reference in some for or another, so if you miss a stream, no worries.
I’m actually hoping we can get Jeffman in on the fun too – it’ll almost be like a translation reunion! He actually did a lot of hacking work for version 1.2 that fixes bugs and issues that were in the original Japanese game, like Duster’s battle sound stuff 😯
Also, as I mentioned a few times in last night’s stream, we’ll be publicly releasing translation tools and files around the same time as the version 1.2 patch, so that people who speak other languages can translate MOTHER 3 into their own language. The tools won’t work with every language, but I’m sure clever fans can figure out workarounds of their own or build off of our work.
We’ll also be releasing the assembly source code for the hacks, so that people who are curious about how the technical side of the project can scream in horror. And who knows, maybe it’ll allow intrepid programmer to help improve the programming even more down the road.
UPDATE: If you’ve missed any of the streams, I’ve been archiving all the videos and placing them on my YouTube account here: Link
Other Related Posts:
30 Comments to Testing the MOTHER 3 v1.2 Patch Live!
Featured Item on eBay:
Earthbound (Super NES, 1995) Cart and Players Guide Tested
- That Guy: Plenty of folk here saying “Ah, just more rumors, just like all the other rumors.” Those rumors were before the game was put...
- Parkraft123: @Alec Sega actually contracted 2 Sonic Fan game developers to do the mobile ports of the first 2 Sonic games, with the engine they had...
- Alec: I honestly will never understand why anyone would think Nintendo would use the fan translation for MOTHER 3. They wouldn’t. It’s...
- Anonymous: Reasons Nintendo doesn’t automatically pick up the fan translation: -That’s not how they want to portray their series (as...
- Icedude545: I really hope Nintendo does Americanize it and take the sissyness out Haha Come-on Podunk is alot cooler than Mothersday in Earthbound...