Assembling a Mr. Saturn
Besides the Hobonichi Techo planners, Shigesato Itoi’s company also makes a popular brand of Japanese “belly warmers” in Japan. In fact, it sounds like his company is largely responsible for its renewed popularity in Japan.
Anyway, I don’t know much about Japanese belly warmers, except that they’re supposedly really good at regulating body temperature, so they’re great in the winter. I think they’re also considered fashion accessories? But apparently they’re also nice to use in the summer, as Itoi’s company is releasing a new line of “you can even wear these in the summer” belly warmers that have a Nintendo theme.
And, since this IS Itoi’s company, two of the new designs are from the MOTHER series!
For more Japanese info and pics, see here. It looks like limited ordering will start in July. I’m not really familiar with Hobonichi’s ordering system, but it looks like they might be available in the middle of August too in some other fashion, maybe Chewy can help elaborate. They look to cost 3,672 yen, or around $38, not factoring in shipping and other fees.
In any case, if you’ve ever wanted some really weird MOTHER series merchandise (aside from the out-of-the-blue MOTHER 2 iPhone case), this is your ticket! I’ll try to post more updates about this as the ordering dates approach. And if anyone reading this does eventually buy one, let me know!
Also, thanks to CAT for the tip!
Other Related Posts:
14 Comments to Official Mr. Saturn Belly Warmers Coming Soon
Featured Item on eBay:
MOTHER Perfect Strategy Game Guide w/Map Book Japan Famicom RARE TM*
- DJMankiewitz: Always good stuff. I hope this was translated from the original Japanese instead of the English translation. I have a pretty strong...
- PKGaming: “Settle for Ness”???? Maaaaan, Ness is amazing! He’s higher on the tier list in Smash 4 than he’s ever been....
- MotherFan: Which will cause many musical notes to go around the arena and cause damage by contact to an enemy
- MotherFan: I would like Ninten’s final smash to be him,Ana,and Loid singing the Eight Melodies
- DJMankiewitz: Esper, I agree fully. The wording of Nintendo’s takedown notice could have been better, but it doesn’t change anything....