June 5th, 2014 | EarthBound, Itoi, Merchandise, MOTHER 3

haramaki

Besides the Hobonichi Techo planners, Shigesato Itoi’s company also makes a popular brand of Japanese “belly warmers” in Japan. In fact, it sounds like his company is largely responsible for its renewed popularity in Japan.

Anyway, I don’t know much about Japanese belly warmers, except that they’re supposedly really good at regulating body temperature, so they’re great in the winter. I think they’re also considered fashion accessories? But apparently they’re also nice to use in the summer, as Itoi’s company is releasing a new line of “you can even wear these in the summer” belly warmers that have a Nintendo theme.

And, since this IS Itoi’s company, two of the new designs are from the MOTHER series!

haramaki1

haramaki2

For more Japanese info and pics, see here. It looks like limited ordering will start in July. I’m not really familiar with Hobonichi’s ordering system, but it looks like they might be available in the middle of August too in some other fashion, maybe Chewy can help elaborate. They look to cost 3,672 yen, or around $38, not factoring in shipping and other fees.

In any case, if you’ve ever wanted some really weird MOTHER series merchandise (aside from the out-of-the-blue MOTHER 2 iPhone case), this is your ticket! I’ll try to post more updates about this as the ordering dates approach. And if anyone reading this does eventually buy one, let me know!

Also, thanks to CAT for the tip!

14 Comments to Official Mr. Saturn Belly Warmers Coming Soon

Killerspecialk said on Jun. 5, 2014

These are neat. Anything that has to do with MOTHER is awesome with me.

fggg said on Jun. 5, 2014

Those are really weird

Leeaux said on Jun. 5, 2014

I’m in!

Mesousa said on Jun. 5, 2014

Why do the people modeling them look so unhappy?

DusterxLucasFTW said on Jun. 5, 2014

Mr. Saturn’s playing ladder!!!

Now that I think about it, other than the game itself(and the fangamer stuff), is the the only real official Mother 3 merchandise ever made?

SuperStarmen said on Jun. 5, 2014

Mother 3 got quite a bitch of Merch. Its just that the mr saturn ladder is always used. Mother 3 just doesnt have anything else going for it other than the ladder saturns.

Onion said on Jun. 5, 2014

Awesome!

I’ve got a couple of these and they work just as described on the tin. A nice write-up about Hobonichi popularizing them can be found here:

Chewy if you’re reading this and can possibly post up some info [read:help} about ordering these directly (and saving me proxy fees ^_^) I’d really appreciate it!

EpicJackman said on Jun. 5, 2014

Japan never ceases to amaze me…

Queue said on Jun. 5, 2014

This man can literally get me to buy anything.

Chewy said on Jun. 5, 2014

I think this initial run is Japan-only, but I’ll keep my eye on it and keep you guys updated~

eagle0wl said on Jun. 6, 2014

lol

2sang said on Jun. 6, 2014

so weird

BusterTheFox said on Jun. 7, 2014

First, I must consider if wearing this in America would get me looks or not. THEN I consider buying. Then I wait until I can actually get one in America. Then I don’t buy it anyway because I am a college student with no job.

Rusty Shackleford said on Aug. 6, 2014

ShiggyIggy’s done it again!