Besides the Hobonichi Techo planners, Shigesato Itoi’s company also makes a popular brand of Japanese “belly warmers” in Japan. In fact, it sounds like his company is largely responsible for its renewed popularity in Japan.
Anyway, I don’t know much about Japanese belly warmers, except that they’re supposedly really good at regulating body temperature, so they’re great in the winter. I think they’re also considered fashion accessories? But apparently they’re also nice to use in the summer, as Itoi’s company is releasing a new line of “you can even wear these in the summer” belly warmers that have a Nintendo theme.
And, since this IS Itoi’s company, two of the new designs are from the MOTHER series!
For more Japanese info and pics, see here. It looks like limited ordering will start in July. I’m not really familiar with Hobonichi’s ordering system, but it looks like they might be available in the middle of August too in some other fashion, maybe Chewy can help elaborate. They look to cost 3,672 yen, or around $38, not factoring in shipping and other fees.
In any case, if you’ve ever wanted some really weird MOTHER series merchandise (aside from the out-of-the-blue MOTHER 2 iPhone case), this is your ticket! I’ll try to post more updates about this as the ordering dates approach. And if anyone reading this does eventually buy one, let me know!
Also, thanks to CAT for the tip!
Other Related Posts:
14 Comments to Official Mr. Saturn Belly Warmers Coming Soon
Featured Item on eBay:
JAPANESE IMPORT Mother 2 VGA 85+ ARCHIVAL CASE
- Ness' Dad: Thanks for signing Ness’ hat!
- Nate1312: I got to attend the Camp, and all I can say is that you all did a fantastic job making it a truly one-of-a-kind experience. It was fun...
- Mato: Ryan: Thanks for the kind words! I always feel embarrassed when people say stuff like that to me 😛 As for Pokey, here’s his Twitter!...
- Bionicfemme: I’m gonna watch all of the streams over again and pretend I’ve gone back into a time machine to re-live the glory of this...
- Ryan: Btw, who played Pokey? Everyone was great but I thought the Pokey character was particularly tough and particularly well delivered.