Quick History of the MOTHER Series
Besides the Hobonichi Techo planners, Shigesato Itoi’s company also makes a popular brand of Japanese “belly warmers” in Japan. In fact, it sounds like his company is largely responsible for its renewed popularity in Japan.
Anyway, I don’t know much about Japanese belly warmers, except that they’re supposedly really good at regulating body temperature, so they’re great in the winter. I think they’re also considered fashion accessories? But apparently they’re also nice to use in the summer, as Itoi’s company is releasing a new line of “you can even wear these in the summer” belly warmers that have a Nintendo theme.
And, since this IS Itoi’s company, two of the new designs are from the MOTHER series!
For more Japanese info and pics, see here. It looks like limited ordering will start in July. I’m not really familiar with Hobonichi’s ordering system, but it looks like they might be available in the middle of August too in some other fashion, maybe Chewy can help elaborate. They look to cost 3,672 yen, or around $38, not factoring in shipping and other fees.
In any case, if you’ve ever wanted some really weird MOTHER series merchandise (aside from the out-of-the-blue MOTHER 2 iPhone case), this is your ticket! I’ll try to post more updates about this as the ordering dates approach. And if anyone reading this does eventually buy one, let me know!
Also, thanks to CAT for the tip!
Other Related Posts:
14 Comments to Official Mr. Saturn Belly Warmers Coming Soon
- Jeff Shot First: My copy arrived today! It is… amazing. I haven’t put it down yet. I don’t really know what else to say. I think...
- TanukiDan: I can’t wait to get it! Would you mind if I talked about it on my lame youtube once I get it?
- Lochy: This looks awesome. Hopefully I can buy it as an after christmas present for myself. What an absolute treat!
- Jeff Shot First: Can I just say wow. This is incredible. I loved the first book on Zelda, and this is something even more special. I cannot wait to...
- SaturnValley: Amazing! I love the 90’s aesthetic. This is perfect timing since I was planning on getting this for Christmas, really hope it...