A Japanese MOTHER 4 April Fool’s Joke
Way back during the MOTHER 3 fan translation, I was always coming across lines of text that I never recognized or map locations that I never saw in the actual game. I’ve showcased some of these in past updates, and here’s a small bit to add to that list:
Thanks to birby100 for documenting these!
If you ever get bored and want to peek at MOTHER 3’s script, I posted the text blocks + accompanying map info here a few years ago. There’s stuff in there that might be new to you if you just browse around!
Other Related Posts:
7 Comments to Some Unseen MOTHER 3 Rooms & NPCs
- Mother2fan: I can’t even fathom why they would make such a minute change to that battle background.
- DJMankiewicz: Very interesting. I had suspected that Earthbound’s “dulled” battle effects were done in emulator rather than as a...
- Chivi-chivik: I think that the lightning change in the ‘PK Flash get’ animation was put so you can see better how the lightning strikes...
- joe411: Perhaps some changes were made since the Wii U’s GBA emukator adds a darker color filter?
- Mato: DIO: We checked those too, Mother 2 has so many versions that I dunno what to call the Wii U version, but it and the New 3DS ones are the...