Shigesato Itoi’s Copywriting
May 22nd, 2014 | Fan Games
Cognitive Dissonance was an EarthBound-themed fan game made by otherhand a few years ago – and a super-duper enhanced version is coming out soon! Here’s a quick description of it:
In 198X, after the first defeat of the invaders, CogDis tells the story of a band of aliens who once protected the Apple of Enlightenment – a Mook, a Mr. Saturn, a Starman, and a UFO-piloting bug. They travel through space and time between the first two Mother games, interconnecting through their events through a focus on Giygas and his descent into madness.
And here’s the trailer for the upgraded version:
Whoa, that definitely looks upgraded over the original version. This 2.0 version will also feature a new soundtrack put together by a number of different people in the EarthBound community!
Other Related Posts:
26 Comments to Cognitive Dissonance 2.0 Trailer
- Toby: I doubt you could get to Jr./Son of Starman, as you would need to have everything memorized to come even close. Besides you also have that...
- something fuzzy: Definitely would’ve been interesting to see a 3D rendition of a Flying Man, but in the end it probably was a wise choice to...
- Supergamerk: I like how they put Earthbound, an RPG with a VERY slow beginning on a time limit. I’d be surprised if you could get to Starman...
- Ostricho: Jess is right, there was a portion with a Ness FP fighter. I remember seeing it, and rewinding to pause it at that screen. EarthBound...
- Boodledump: This is awesome!