MOTHER 1+2 Translation Update 5
Everyone knows about this promo video for EarthBound that ran in stores back in the day:
But another one has recently emerged – one that I’ve never seen before! This one was apparently played on kiosks in stores too:
This is definitely an improvement over the first video, although with everything EarthBound has to offer it seems silly that they emphasize that it has “More than 40 weapons! And over 80 items!”
Still, it’s a neat look at some of the promotion the game got back in the 90s, so give it a look-see. And check out the promos for all the other stuff too, there’s so much nostalgia in there!
Thanks to Tyler for the tip!
Other Related Posts:
15 Comments to Another EarthBound Promo Video Unearthed
Featured Item on eBay:
Earthbound Super Nintendo Snes Cleaned & Tested
- Mato: I remember at the time that it WAS really impressive for a Super NES game – Street Fighter II was touted for a good while as being the...
- Ailure: 24 mbit translates to about 3 megabyte for those not in the know. For some reason they were really fond of specifying cartridge sizes in...
- Ailure: I love how it mentions the game being 24 mbits like that was huge. Even at the time it was nothing with computers at the era having cd-rom...
- Wukey: Damn, how long did Earthbound take to beat? Maybe 30 hours?
- Yosh: And Nintendo doesn’t approve things such as ripping a ROM from a cartridge and modifying its content.