What Are You Doing, Mr. Saturn?
A number of prototype EarthBound Zero cartridges have been floating around for years (details here) but recently the authenticity of some of them has come into question. So Sith, Stevesesy, and others have been doing some detective work over the past few months.
I’m still not caught up with all the details about this, but most recently they got in contact with Andrew DeRouin, the owner of the original leaked prototype cartridge, and convinced him to open it up for the first time to see what it looks like on the inside. And here are the pics!
A little more info and some posts by Andrew (zeldaboy) himself can be seen here.
I haven’t had much time lately to focus on EarthBound stuff, so I’m still not caught up with the issue that some of the prototype cartridges might be fake. It sounds like Sith and Stevesesy might still be compiling info about this, though, so I’ll let them do their thing for now. If anyone has any extra info, though, please share it in the comments!
Other Related Posts:
26 Comments to A Look Inside the Original NES Earth Bound Prototype Cartridge
- Leeaux: I’m going to eat this all the time now. You could have posted this recipe and I probably wouldn’t have touched it. But you...
- Moonside: I know this is very unrelated to the topic but, what ever happened the Chewy’s Novel Translation? The webpage now asks for a...
- Anonymous: “…while EarthBound is just a game, it’s one of those rare games that brings out the best in people.” <–...
- game4brains: As someone who’s half-Korean, this is pretty interesting to me, particularly because this was published during a period where...
- KingMike: I think the other SFC game in the review scores are Live A Live and some baseball game (Super Power League 2)?