MOTHER 3 in LEGO Form
A number of prototype EarthBound Zero cartridges have been floating around for years (details here) but recently the authenticity of some of them has come into question. So Sith, Stevesesy, and others have been doing some detective work over the past few months.
I’m still not caught up with all the details about this, but most recently they got in contact with Andrew DeRouin, the owner of the original leaked prototype cartridge, and convinced him to open it up for the first time to see what it looks like on the inside. And here are the pics!
A little more info and some posts by Andrew (zeldaboy) himself can be seen here.
I haven’t had much time lately to focus on EarthBound stuff, so I’m still not caught up with the issue that some of the prototype cartridges might be fake. It sounds like Sith and Stevesesy might still be compiling info about this, though, so I’ll let them do their thing for now. If anyone has any extra info, though, please share it in the comments!
Other Related Posts:
26 Comments to A Look Inside the Original NES Earth Bound Prototype Cartridge
Featured Item on eBay:
EARTHBOUND Mother (NINTENDO FAMICOM 1989) VGA 85 ARCHIVAL CASE
- Jason: http://www.ipokiso.com/company /2017/hobonichi.html The anticipated price per share is 2,300 yen. As for those wishing to purchase a share...
- Leeaux: Hey I just saw this! Really interesting watch to. Lots of little fun facts.
- Mary: The “behind the scenes” video on how the Ness animation was made is great too. The animators channel is A + Start.
- NecrosaroIII: Itoi setting up his retirement
- Kamrom: My Recipe For Earthbound Rock Candy: 1. Get rock candy 2. Pour sugar on it 3. Watch as the sugar falls off 4. Eat the rock candy, clean up...