GreatGonzalez88 sent this e-mail a while back:
I was playing EarthBound recently and I had a weird thing happen with Escargo Express.
I just used the Eraser Eraser and wanted to get rid of it right away so I called Escargo Express from the lab and then called Dad to save my game. After that I forgot about it and proceeded to the Stonehenge base. I made it considerably far and suddenly the delivery guy finally showed up in the middle of the base.
What makes it weird is that not only did it take way WAY longer than usual for the guy to come, but he actually showed up in the middle of a dungeon. I’m not sure if it’s anything unheard of or not but I thought it wouldn’t hurt to send it your way.
Maybe someone might know what caused it. The attached screenshot is proof that it happened.
I always got the feeling that when and where the Escargo Express guy shows up seemed to be a bit finnicky. Sometimes he wouldn’t show up when it seemed like he should, and sometimes the opposite would happen too. Has anyone else got him to show up in a weird location before?
Other Related Posts:
14 Comments to Escargo Express in a Dungeon
- Mother2fan: I can’t even fathom why they would make such a minute change to that battle background.
- DJMankiewicz: Very interesting. I had suspected that Earthbound’s “dulled” battle effects were done in emulator rather than as a...
- Chivi-chivik: I think that the lightning change in the ‘PK Flash get’ animation was put so you can see better how the lightning strikes...
- joe411: Perhaps some changes were made since the Wii U’s GBA emukator adds a darker color filter?
- Mato: DIO: We checked those too, Mother 2 has so many versions that I dunno what to call the Wii U version, but it and the New 3DS ones are the...