Random Post:

Fobbly Fobbies

February 28th, 2014 | EarthBound, Videos

Capture

With the incredible popularity of the Twitch Plays Pokemon thing going on right now, it was only a matter of time until Twitch played every other game too :P Including Twitch Plays EarthBound!

There’ve actually been a few attempts at Twitch Plays EarthBounds, so I’m not 100% sure which is the farthest or which is the most popular. But this one by SgtFuzzz seems to be the one people are sharing the most right now, so give it a look if you’re interested!

Some interesting problems that might develop if they haven’t already – calling your dad and telling him you’re done playing the game, as well as the 3 minutes at the water fall thing. There are problem some more trouble spots too, so if any pop up during the game share them in the comments here!

26 Comments to Twitch Plays EarthBound

Pak-Man said on Feb. 28, 2014

It’s sure a neat way to listen to Earthbound music while I work. :^)

TragicManner said on Feb. 28, 2014

Magic Butterflies are jerks.

[…] Watch live video from SgtFuzzz on http://www.twitch.tv Link […]

edgethelucas said on Feb. 28, 2014

Oh boy, how are they going to cooperate during the Giygas fight o_0 ?

I think I’ll start watching this.

Twitch plays Earthbound kicks off said on Feb. 28, 2014

[…] Watch live video from SgtFuzzz on http://www.twitch.tv Link […]

SuperGamingbro64 said on Feb. 28, 2014

Speaking of playing EarthBound, today marks the day that I can say I beat it for the very first time. I loved it and anything that annoyed me was shortly made up for, and since I played it on the WiiU VC I used save states (That came in handy). I even teared up a little at the end. So even though I watched countless play throughs I still felt like I experience everything for the first time. i loved the music and some of the features like insta kills and I think I should do a full on review about this game because I have a lot to say about this game(I haven’t really done any type of reviews on YouTube. It would be like chuggaaconroy’s first LP but instead it would be an amateur review about Earthbound).

??? said on Mar. 1, 2014

Oh boy, is the ATM card gonna be the new Helix Fossil?

KingMike said on Mar. 1, 2014

Well, hopefully they made a hack to remove the “stop game” control code from the string and be closed like any other message.
There was also a Twitch Zelda, where I heard the author of that stream hacked the game for infinite health/bombs to make it more possible to finish, especially with lag/trolls.

Opinionated Vector Chimera said on Mar. 1, 2014

Twitch Plays Pokemon is incredibly dumb, so very dumb. So I’m really disappointed that Twitch Plays EarthBound exists at all.

Then again, Mato, not a whole lot goes on these days, so you have to post just about anything. I don’t blame you for that.

The Man With No Name said on Mar. 1, 2014

Awesome!!
It seems like it’s in slow-mo too for easier input pressing!

Pak-Man said on Mar. 2, 2014

Man, on Friday they had beaten Master Belch. Then something happened and they lost everything, and I just checked and Ness is still going solo.

Eternal_ashes said on Mar. 3, 2014

We’re still going strong and we are currently in Threed.

Kathleen Magia said on Mar. 3, 2014

Is this the Nintendo sponsored one?

Lucas said on Mar. 4, 2014

Nobody cares EartBound Sub-Zero on my Tumblr

Lucas said on Mar. 4, 2014

My MOTHER 3 Hack on Youtube

Lucas said on Mar. 4, 2014

It’s EarthBound 2 Demiforce Hack.I hope someday I’ll have permit on DeviantArt(I’m dishonored out now)and Starmen.net to introduce since 2013 EarthBound Sub-Zero.

Flamsterette_X said on Mar. 5, 2014

I’ve been watching since it started. They did lose major progress, but are now making it up.

game4brains said on Mar. 7, 2014

Dear lord, they’ll never be able to beat Giygas. Not only do they need to avoid attacking him in phase one, but they also need to successfully pray NINE TIMES! Not even Democracy mode can help them!

Viridi said on Mar. 7, 2014

They seem to have the most trouble with menues

Lucas said on Mar. 8, 2014

Even EarthBound HD Collection(Zero,EarthBound,2) may see light of a day only to Wii U.

Pk Derp said on Mar. 11, 2014

We had gotten to Scaraba last I checked. It’s kinda cool, it’s only like the same 5 people playing it everyday (I’m one of them). Unfortunately at the moment the stream is offline due to a power outage. It has been for the last 2 days or so. :(

Valerie said on Mar. 14, 2014

I checked once, how do you do it anyway? I’d join in given a chance!

Xi said on Mar. 17, 2014

For those of you who aren’t aware, TwitchPlaysPokemon is playing Mother 3 for the time being (they are taking a break before the next Pokemon)!

evan... said on Mar. 20, 2014

right now they are in magicant…

Pk Derp said on Mar. 21, 2014

Hey guys, just to update. We have just beaten the game! Giygas was defeated by Lltemple and the post game was finished by me (SolidMGSsnake). We brought Paula with us to Onett and then spoke to Mom. After that there was a scramble to be the person with last input as we walked down to Picky knocking on the door. It was decided that the host (SgtFuz) should be the last to put in input but due to lag, it ended up being me. The stream is still going with the game saying “THE END…?” and I don’t know when Fuzz will take it down. There are talks of maybe doing Mother 3 or Chrono Trigger next, but nothing is set in stone.

Valerie said on Mar. 26, 2014