MOTHER 1+2 Translation Soon
KingMike sent this e-mail in about the boat captain in EarthBound:
I always did it in order, so I’m not certain: is Magnet Hill one of the Your Sanctuaries you’re required to visit during a specific point in the game? (the only ones I’m sure on are Giant Step, Rainy Circle, Lumaine Hall and Fire Spring)
I was watching this EB Let’s Play. This guy got the Carrot key but forgot to go back to Pink Cloud. I didn’t realize there’s an extra bit of text when you sail to Scaraba, where the captain tries to remind you. I wonder if he does that for other missed Your Sanctuaries, or just Pink Cloud because it’s the easiest one to forget about?
Neat! I don’t think I’ve ever noticed this extra bit of text before, or maybe it’s just been so long since I’ve last seen it that I’ve forgotten. I always get confused by this part of the game, just after you get Poo, so I can’t recall if you NEED to be Magnet Hill before you go sailing or not. Does anyone know?
A few years ago I documented a few rarely-seen lines of text in EarthBound here, but it looks like there are still some more that I missed. Are there any other slightly-different lines or scenes like this out there? If so, lemme know!
Other Related Posts:
11 Comments to The Captain’s Extra Line of Text
Featured Item on eBay:
Earthbound SNES Tested & Working
- Chivi-chivik: @SpitefulCrow Who died and made you the one to decide who is and who isn’t a real fan? The point is to play all the games, we...
- Midna: @game4brains: The NES EarthBound is “hellishly hard” because the Famicom Mother was “hellishly hard”. And the...
- game4brains: Mato, I can only imagine your excitement. Besides, it’s not every day that somoeone chooses to LP the far-better fan translation...
- vince94: The story’s the best part of EarthBound Zero anyway, though I wish someone would make a music restoration patch, a la FF6. The GBA...
- Raiden: And what a stupid issue to have!lol