Mach Pizza Air Freshener Unboxed
KingMike sent this e-mail in about the boat captain in EarthBound:
I always did it in order, so I’m not certain: is Magnet Hill one of the Your Sanctuaries you’re required to visit during a specific point in the game? (the only ones I’m sure on are Giant Step, Rainy Circle, Lumaine Hall and Fire Spring)
I was watching this EB Let’s Play. This guy got the Carrot key but forgot to go back to Pink Cloud. I didn’t realize there’s an extra bit of text when you sail to Scaraba, where the captain tries to remind you. I wonder if he does that for other missed Your Sanctuaries, or just Pink Cloud because it’s the easiest one to forget about?
Neat! I don’t think I’ve ever noticed this extra bit of text before, or maybe it’s just been so long since I’ve last seen it that I’ve forgotten. I always get confused by this part of the game, just after you get Poo, so I can’t recall if you NEED to be Magnet Hill before you go sailing or not. Does anyone know?
A few years ago I documented a few rarely-seen lines of text in EarthBound here, but it looks like there are still some more that I missed. Are there any other slightly-different lines or scenes like this out there? If so, lemme know!
Other Related Posts:
11 Comments to The Captain’s Extra Line of Text
- Moonside: I know this is very unrelated to the topic but, what ever happened the Chewy’s Novel Translation? The webpage now asks for a...
- Anonymous: “…while EarthBound is just a game, it’s one of those rare games that brings out the best in people.” <–...
- game4brains: As someone who’s half-Korean, this is pretty interesting to me, particularly because this was published during a period where...
- KingMike: I think the other SFC game in the review scores are Live A Live and some baseball game (Super Power League 2)?
- StarmanAlex: @Chivi-chivik My beta remake is gonna be so obsolete if this continues