Saturn Valley Music Box in Action
The other day, EarthBound hacking master H.S posted some info about Magnet Hill that I never really knew about until now!
First, to get the Carrot Key, you’re first forced to get the Magnet Hill melody… Or so everyone thought! Apparently, though, the designers made an oversight – it seems you can still get the Carrot Key if you avoid the melody hotspot, go under the building, and then carefully approach the box from the left side:
The designers originally made it so that Magnet Hill couldn’t be the final melody you get. To quote H.S:
Another interesting thing related to Magnet Hill and Pink Cloud is that the game records which Sanctuary you did last. Then, after you finish Magicant, the scene with Ness waking up is shown in that Sanctuary.
However, the game only thinks you can do Lilliput Steps, Milky Well, Pink Cloud, or Fire Spring last. If you do Magnet Hill last, I think it just shows you in Lilliput Steps for the post-Magicant scene.
Sadly, I don’t have the time to make a video showcasing all of this, but if anyone can help out, please post in the comments. I’d love to see this in action!
Other Related Posts:
7 Comments to Skipping Magnet Hill’s Melody
Featured Item on eBay:
MOTHER2 POO mini figure strap Takara Japan
- DarklingDragon: Time sure does fly. I spent some time this week playing Earthbound on the virtual console.
- MysterySprite22: These are really cool. I wish I could have these. I don’t have any EB merchandise. I just drew pictures. That’s it.
- Mallowack: he’s right you know. the game’s a slog to start, it was designed to be simple (drawn by a child), it throws the creepy at...
- N7Kopper: @WVdUde Movements and treaties for a videogame series release worldwide? Sorry if I’m raining on people’s parades here, but I...
- Chivi-chivik: I need to make celebration pics for MOTHER and MOTHER 2′s anniversaries ASAP. I don’t need to bother about EarthBound tho...