The other day, EarthBound hacking master H.S posted some info about Magnet Hill that I never really knew about until now!
First, to get the Carrot Key, you’re first forced to get the Magnet Hill melody… Or so everyone thought! Apparently, though, the designers made an oversight – it seems you can still get the Carrot Key if you avoid the melody hotspot, go under the building, and then carefully approach the box from the left side:
The designers originally made it so that Magnet Hill couldn’t be the final melody you get. To quote H.S:
Another interesting thing related to Magnet Hill and Pink Cloud is that the game records which Sanctuary you did last. Then, after you finish Magicant, the scene with Ness waking up is shown in that Sanctuary.
However, the game only thinks you can do Lilliput Steps, Milky Well, Pink Cloud, or Fire Spring last. If you do Magnet Hill last, I think it just shows you in Lilliput Steps for the post-Magicant scene.
Sadly, I don’t have the time to make a video showcasing all of this, but if anyone can help out, please post in the comments. I’d love to see this in action!
Other Related Posts:
7 Comments to Skipping Magnet Hill’s Melody
- Anonymous: Hyperstar96, incredibly literal interpretation of language is detrimental. Stop derailing conversation with it.
- Leeaux: @Hyperstar96 You completely missed the point I was making by focusing on a small mistake that I already corrected.
- AConcernedGamer: While trying to rush through the intro, I found out for the first time in my life that Porky will stop you from leaving if you do...
- JB2448: @Hyperstar96: http://nintendoeverything.com/ sakurai-addresses-ice-climbers -absence-in-smash-bros-wii-u3d s-and-more-in-new-famitsu-c...
- Hyperstar96: @anon: According to his trophy description, oddly enough… But no, he didn’t in the actual game, nor was there any...