Shigesato Itoi’s Miiverse Posts #3
The other day, EarthBound hacking master H.S posted some info about Magnet Hill that I never really knew about until now!
First, to get the Carrot Key, you’re first forced to get the Magnet Hill melody… Or so everyone thought! Apparently, though, the designers made an oversight – it seems you can still get the Carrot Key if you avoid the melody hotspot, go under the building, and then carefully approach the box from the left side:
The designers originally made it so that Magnet Hill couldn’t be the final melody you get. To quote H.S:
Another interesting thing related to Magnet Hill and Pink Cloud is that the game records which Sanctuary you did last. Then, after you finish Magicant, the scene with Ness waking up is shown in that Sanctuary.
However, the game only thinks you can do Lilliput Steps, Milky Well, Pink Cloud, or Fire Spring last. If you do Magnet Hill last, I think it just shows you in Lilliput Steps for the post-Magicant scene.
Sadly, I don’t have the time to make a video showcasing all of this, but if anyone can help out, please post in the comments. I’d love to see this in action!
Other Related Posts:
7 Comments to Skipping Magnet Hill’s Melody
Featured Item on eBay:
Earthbound - Rare Classic SNES Super Nintendo Game
- Sat: Fangamer in Japan! Lucky them. What’s going on behind the scenes? They’re coming back with the EarthBound 64 prototype,...
- EdgeTheLucas: @DJMankiewicz I can confirm that Undertale really does feel like another Mother game, or at least it proudly uses the same spirit the...
- Star and Moon: It’s not that big of a deal that Itoi isn’t making Mother 4, because the Mother 4 fangame is almost finished.
- Bionicfemme: I was so surprised when he said that Pokey was his favorite character! I’ve tried really hard to see more about what makes Pokey...
- DJMankiewicz: I suspect we don’t know what sorts of e-mails he’s been getting from the west. We’re all pretty well behaved here,...