February 22nd, 2014 | Audio Stuff, EarthBound, MOTHER 1

A reader named Pete sent this in a while back:

Hey Mato hows it going? There’s this criminally underrated VGM guitarist on youtube named Swiggles1987, and he’s a huge Mother fan, so he decided to make an album of Earthbound songs redone in a really cool jazz/blues style. The first two songs that he released are really good. I say it’s worth a look and maybe you could spread the word to fellow Earthbound fansa about it. Thanks for all the work that you do!

Here are the available tracks:

And here’s a video that includes some info about the album too:

They’re some really great tunes, give ’em a listen!

7 Comments to Onett Suite Tribute Album

[…] Onett Suite (Single) by SwigglesRP VGM Direct link here […]

Nintendork said on Feb. 22, 2014

Some excellent arrangements… love the Onett Suite!

Swiggles1987 said on Feb. 23, 2014

Thanks so much for the share! This is a bit late, but I’m going to be working to finish the project in Summer with some actual guitar playthroughs soon!

Motdrafin said on Feb. 23, 2014

Wow! I really like these different takes in both tracks! Nice work!

HairyStick said on Feb. 24, 2014

Wow these are really good! I’ll be sure to make a donation on bamdcamp to try and keep the ball rolling! 😀

Tiddles said on Feb. 24, 2014

This has nothing to do with this post, but I DO have some Earthbound related news, The Completionist is going to complete Earthbound this Thursday on Normal Boots. Just thought I’d give a heads-up.

Jdaster64 said on Feb. 24, 2014

Not bad at all! Interesting timbre choices, particularly on the Pollyanna track.

• Angela: Source: https://m.reddit.com/r/earthbo und/comments/2e54yi/just_finis hed_mother_3_anyone_have_anyth ing/
  • Angela: Guys, I think I may have a lead on Earthbound 64! There’s a user on Reddit which claims that his friend worked on an EB 64 project...
  • TBird: The grinding, the prayers, the vita capsules! WHAT’S you gonna do, brother, when Mothermania runs wild on YOU!
  • Scotty: “…And his name is Lucas from nowhere!”
  • Kacey: Kotaku has a clip of video.