Creators: Shigesato Itoi
A few weeks back, an old interview between Shigesato Itoi and Shigeru Miyamoto from 1999 was translated and posted on Nintendo World Report. Part of the interview covers the topic of MOTHER 3 for the Nintendo 64 and is worth checking out!!
Here’s a quick example blurb from Miyamoto, see the article for the full thing:
I really hope we get it into a playable state by winter. I look forward to that one. That’s the kind of game that just gets better and better the more we put into it, so there’s this feeling of “So when do we finally stop and put it out the door?” I’m really looking forward to that one.
You know, this reminds me of when Iwata mentioned in a different interview that a reason the project fell apart was because he was pulled into the international business side of things while working on MOTHER 3 for the N64. I wonder how different things would be now for Nintendo if he had kept working on MOTHER 3 and finished it. I wonder if he’d be Nintendo president now.
Other Related Posts:
7 Comments to Itoi & Miyamoto MOTHER 3 Interview from 1999
Featured Item on eBay:
Earthbound SNES Super Nintendo Game Cart Only Original AUTHENTIC Tested SAVES
- Breeman: I managed to get the Giygas red edition since they notified all Kickstarter backers a day before pre-orders went up. I pledged for the...
- jeffmaxwell: Ahh I see! Shortly after I left that comment, I checked the site again and actually snagged both the Cast cover and the Saturn Valley...
- Saeh saeh: Reading past reviews of last year’s onett cover most didn’t get it until November so I think they’ll ship Oct anyways...
- Bionic: Yeah, early this morning they got the cast planner back in stock, but it doesn’t ship till mid-Oct. The site really slowed down...
- Saeh saeh: The pouches and other mr saturn stuff is available October 1st