MOTHER 3 Translation Notes Begin
A few weeks back, an old interview between Shigesato Itoi and Shigeru Miyamoto from 1999 was translated and posted on Nintendo World Report. Part of the interview covers the topic of MOTHER 3 for the Nintendo 64 and is worth checking out!!
Here’s a quick example blurb from Miyamoto, see the article for the full thing:
I really hope we get it into a playable state by winter. I look forward to that one. That’s the kind of game that just gets better and better the more we put into it, so there’s this feeling of “So when do we finally stop and put it out the door?” I’m really looking forward to that one.
You know, this reminds me of when Iwata mentioned in a different interview that a reason the project fell apart was because he was pulled into the international business side of things while working on MOTHER 3 for the N64. I wonder how different things would be now for Nintendo if he had kept working on MOTHER 3 and finished it. I wonder if he’d be Nintendo president now.
Other Related Posts:
7 Comments to Itoi & Miyamoto MOTHER 3 Interview from 1999
Leave a reply
- cattledriver: it’s obvious these are fakes. if Ness Isn’t in the game I might not buy it. I mean. I originally only bought smash bros...
- Anonymous: My 2 cents. I don’t think the game (Mother 4) looks bad at all (though the graphical style isn’t my cup of tea, per se) but...
- Oh My: No, I’m not ticked off. Not even a little. I’ve tried to explain the position of the fans who do not approve of Mother 4 as a...
- Raiden: It’s sad but I don’t think we’ll ever see Mother 3 or 1 being put on the Virtual Console. I don’t have a Wii U but...
- Raiden: You act like you’re a little ticked off Oh My. I don’t understand the big deal about why Mother 4 should use a diffrent name....