EARTHBOUND Mother (NINTENDO FAMICOM 1989) VGA 85 ARCHIVAL CASE

February 17th, 2014 | EarthBound, Food

Over the years I’ve posted some real-life Peanut Cheese Bars, but here’s one from a really neat site I recently discovered called Moogle Pie:

cheese-bar

Here’s a quick description of this Peanut Cheese Bar:

A Peanut Cheese Bar is also a treat Ness and the gang enjoy. However, before you take the bars name at face value, I must remind you that cheese can be sweet, ie cheesecake. Its not a gross cheddar cheese concoction (Although I’ve also seen that cheese and peanut butter sandwiches are enjoyed by Americans). So to pay my respect to a game I love, I made Peanut “Cheese” Bars myself. These feature a pretzel crust and a frozen peanut butter cheesecake filling. Enjoy!

I dunno about anyone else, but the idea to go with cheesecake definitely makes it sound more appealing 😛

For more info and the whole recipe, see here!

15 Comments to A Peanut Cheese Bar Recipe

linkdude20002001 said on Feb. 17, 2014

Probably the best version I’ve ever seen. As in the only one I would ever eat. Lol.

Still, how does Almond Monaka become the Peanut Cheese Bar? Was it intended to be gross?

Chivi-chivik said on Feb. 17, 2014

Oh shit I must try to make this at home!! O_O

Motdrafin said on Feb. 17, 2014

This looks really tasty! I love cheesecake, so I’ll probably try to make this myself!

platinatina said on Feb. 17, 2014

I also really like gourmetgaming’s take on the peanut cheese bar: it’s one of my favorite desserts to make, tbh. it’s like having a peanut buttery cheesecake!

Big League Batter said on Feb. 17, 2014

I want to try these, then make Gourmet Gaming’s bars, compare the two then eat them all. Now someone needs to make Piggy Jelly…

Earthboundians Unite! said on Feb. 18, 2014

@Big League Batter Piggy jelly? Well, you COULD make some sort of pudding with ham if you so desired, but who would really enjoy that? Haha… I would.

Big League Batter said on Feb. 18, 2014

@Earthboundians I think it would be something weird tasting, sweet and slightly tart, yet with a refreshing feeling about it, like a cup of cranberry raspberry juice or lemonade tea. Pity for those who haven’t tried it.

PK_Fanta said on Feb. 19, 2014

@Big League Batter

Whenever I think of Piggy Jelly, all I think of is caramelized bacon. Maybe it could have something to do with that. Highly processed bacon gloop. Mmmmm. xD

ejruss25 said on Feb. 19, 2014

Liquified bacon. Only in ‘Murica.

Big League Batter said on Feb. 19, 2014

It would totally fir in with the whole “Ness is super-American” thing. Baseball, yo-yoing, keeping a slingshot handy… and five square pounds of baconated Piggy Jelly.

DarklingDragon said on Feb. 19, 2014

Wow, I should try this one when I get a chance.

@Earthboundians Unite! and Others:

Ah ha ha! You guys are hilarious. 5 pounds of bacon jelly..mmmmm yummy!

rbelmont000 said on Feb. 20, 2014
linkdude20002001 said on Feb. 21, 2014

By “jelly”, it’s actually referring to a jellied dessert called yōkan made of red bean paste, agar, and sugar. So, it’s its not actual jelly. At least, I don’t think that’s what they were going for the the localization. Probably they just went with “jelly” as a sort of generic term.

DarklingDragon said on Feb. 22, 2014

@linkdude:
I can see that happening. localization is sometimes funny like that.

Big League Batter said on Feb. 22, 2014

So… Piggy jelly is bacon-flavored yōkan? What was piggy jelly originally called?