How to Draw… Paula?
January 18th, 2014 | EarthBound
During the EarthBound Bash, Marcus Lindblom mentioned to me that he had wanted to write a book about his experiences working on EarthBound’s localization back in the day, but that Nintendo basically said no and killed the idea.
Well, Polygon has a new article that goes into a little more depth on the subject, check it out here.
One of these days/years I finally hope to release a book version of my EarthBound/MOTHER 2 localization comparison, which would go into deeper detail than the online version and include some new content. So if Nintendo’s against Marcus’ book, maybe he can eventually piggyback on mine somehow That was always sort of my plan anyway – for the book versions of my Legends of Localization stuff I’d try to hunt down the people responsible and interview them.
Anyway, all that aside, if you want to keep up with Marcus’ current adventures and work, you can follow him on Twitter here!
Other Related Posts:
13 Comments to The EarthBound Book Nintendo Said No To
- EpicJackman: I personally prefer the pixel version. Magicant is probably my favorite stage in the game (then again, they’re all awesome). I...
- Oniglut: For a second, I thought the article talked about the flying man being a part of the SSB4 roster. Which would have been hella cool but...
- Raiden: Wow. This game has a die hard fanbase. It might be small but it’s really strong. It kinda makes me want to play this game again.
- Anonymous: They probably haxed both of them at once to show the difference for people who haven’t played the game
- TheConfuZzledDude: I still find it a bit strange how the pixel version is right next to it. Maybe it was supposed to go 3d when you tagged it?