A Detailed Analysis of MOTHER 3
January 18th, 2014 | EarthBound
During the EarthBound Bash, Marcus Lindblom mentioned to me that he had wanted to write a book about his experiences working on EarthBound’s localization back in the day, but that Nintendo basically said no and killed the idea.
Well, Polygon has a new article that goes into a little more depth on the subject, check it out here.
One of these days/years I finally hope to release a book version of my EarthBound/MOTHER 2 localization comparison, which would go into deeper detail than the online version and include some new content. So if Nintendo’s against Marcus’ book, maybe he can eventually piggyback on mine somehow 😛 That was always sort of my plan anyway – for the book versions of my Legends of Localization stuff I’d try to hunt down the people responsible and interview them.
Anyway, all that aside, if you want to keep up with Marcus’ current adventures and work, you can follow him on Twitter here!
Other Related Posts:
13 Comments to The EarthBound Book Nintendo Said No To
- GSUser: Too Bad. Also I Colored It Just For Fun, Not Like Someone Told To Do That.
- KingMike: Still treated a bit different in that even Japan did not get Mother 1 on 3DS VC. (though 3DS VC seems to have been kind of dead in all...
- Obama: No, there isn’t. And there was literally no point to have done that. This was meant to be in black and white.
- DJMankiewitz: The Japanese game was treated just like any other VC release (which makes sense, because for them, it was). Our’s was clearly...
- next-gen: Eerie sounds I bet originally after liberating masked man mind and after killing Porky there was planned to encounter third final boss in...