The Newcomer’s Guide to MOTHER
January 18th, 2014 | EarthBound
During the EarthBound Bash, Marcus Lindblom mentioned to me that he had wanted to write a book about his experiences working on EarthBound’s localization back in the day, but that Nintendo basically said no and killed the idea.
Well, Polygon has a new article that goes into a little more depth on the subject, check it out here.
One of these days/years I finally hope to release a book version of my EarthBound/MOTHER 2 localization comparison, which would go into deeper detail than the online version and include some new content. So if Nintendo’s against Marcus’ book, maybe he can eventually piggyback on mine somehow 😛 That was always sort of my plan anyway – for the book versions of my Legends of Localization stuff I’d try to hunt down the people responsible and interview them.
Anyway, all that aside, if you want to keep up with Marcus’ current adventures and work, you can follow him on Twitter here!
Other Related Posts:
13 Comments to The EarthBound Book Nintendo Said No To
- Mattiac: Mato-san, is the system behind printing articles different/cooler in this Italian version compared to your English version?
- Ryan: Chi la dovra’ portare -> Who will carry it (‘la’) 😎
- Mattiac: I’m wearing my beautiful tinfoil hat so I assume that Mato-san signed a NDA so he can’t tell us he translated Mother 3 for...
- That Guy: Plenty of folk here saying “Ah, just more rumors, just like all the other rumors.” Those rumors were before the game was put...
- Parkraft123: @Alec Sega actually contracted 2 Sonic Fan game developers to do the mobile ports of the first 2 Sonic games, with the engine they had...