ALL HAIL GIYGAS
January 18th, 2014 | EarthBound
During the EarthBound Bash, Marcus Lindblom mentioned to me that he had wanted to write a book about his experiences working on EarthBound’s localization back in the day, but that Nintendo basically said no and killed the idea.
Well, Polygon has a new article that goes into a little more depth on the subject, check it out here.
One of these days/years I finally hope to release a book version of my EarthBound/MOTHER 2 localization comparison, which would go into deeper detail than the online version and include some new content. So if Nintendo’s against Marcus’ book, maybe he can eventually piggyback on mine somehow That was always sort of my plan anyway – for the book versions of my Legends of Localization stuff I’d try to hunt down the people responsible and interview them.
Anyway, all that aside, if you want to keep up with Marcus’ current adventures and work, you can follow him on Twitter here!
Other Related Posts:
13 Comments to The EarthBound Book Nintendo Said No To
Featured Item on eBay:
ITOI SHIGESATO BASS FISHING NO.1 Super Famicom Import JAPAN Game no inst bcn sf
- Valder: Would Nintendo let Brownie Brown make their Mother series remake now that they have some 3D assets made? – like with Fire Emblem and...
- Isaiah V.: Goodbye fetus theory. Hello Giygas is actually Giegue from Mother 1 theory.
- joe (without capital j): The fetus theory was just talked about too much.
- Name: Wow. This is awesome.
- FireflyMelody: Hm, I never thought of that. Then again, I was a little busy in this fight trying not to think too hard about it, so.