A Peek at Some MOTHER 2 Pre-Release Differences
January 18th, 2014 | EarthBound
During the EarthBound Bash, Marcus Lindblom mentioned to me that he had wanted to write a book about his experiences working on EarthBound’s localization back in the day, but that Nintendo basically said no and killed the idea.
Well, Polygon has a new article that goes into a little more depth on the subject, check it out here.
One of these days/years I finally hope to release a book version of my EarthBound/MOTHER 2 localization comparison, which would go into deeper detail than the online version and include some new content. So if Nintendo’s against Marcus’ book, maybe he can eventually piggyback on mine somehow 😛 That was always sort of my plan anyway – for the book versions of my Legends of Localization stuff I’d try to hunt down the people responsible and interview them.
Anyway, all that aside, if you want to keep up with Marcus’ current adventures and work, you can follow him on Twitter here!
Other Related Posts:
13 Comments to The EarthBound Book Nintendo Said No To
- TanukiDan: I can’t wait to get it! Would you mind if I talked about it on my lame youtube once I get it?
- Lochy: This looks awesome. Hopefully I can buy it as an after christmas present for myself. What an absolute treat!
- Jeff Shot First: Can I just say wow. This is incredible. I loved the first book on Zelda, and this is something even more special. I cannot wait to...
- SaturnValley: Amazing! I love the 90’s aesthetic. This is perfect timing since I was planning on getting this for Christmas, really hope it...
- Kasumi: Or maybe it’s wordplay. EARTHBOUND FAN-atic rather than Earthbound Fanatic