A Japanese MOTHER 4 April Fool’s Joke
January 18th, 2014 | EarthBound
During the EarthBound Bash, Marcus Lindblom mentioned to me that he had wanted to write a book about his experiences working on EarthBound’s localization back in the day, but that Nintendo basically said no and killed the idea.
Well, Polygon has a new article that goes into a little more depth on the subject, check it out here.
One of these days/years I finally hope to release a book version of my EarthBound/MOTHER 2 localization comparison, which would go into deeper detail than the online version and include some new content. So if Nintendo’s against Marcus’ book, maybe he can eventually piggyback on mine somehow 😛 That was always sort of my plan anyway – for the book versions of my Legends of Localization stuff I’d try to hunt down the people responsible and interview them.
Anyway, all that aside, if you want to keep up with Marcus’ current adventures and work, you can follow him on Twitter here!
Other Related Posts:
13 Comments to The EarthBound Book Nintendo Said No To
- Mother2fan: I can’t even fathom why they would make such a minute change to that battle background.
- DJMankiewicz: Very interesting. I had suspected that Earthbound’s “dulled” battle effects were done in emulator rather than as a...
- Chivi-chivik: I think that the lightning change in the ‘PK Flash get’ animation was put so you can see better how the lightning strikes...
- joe411: Perhaps some changes were made since the Wii U’s GBA emukator adds a darker color filter?
- Mato: DIO: We checked those too, Mother 2 has so many versions that I dunno what to call the Wii U version, but it and the New 3DS ones are the...