Smash Bros. on Virtual Console
January 18th, 2014 | EarthBound
During the EarthBound Bash, Marcus Lindblom mentioned to me that he had wanted to write a book about his experiences working on EarthBound’s localization back in the day, but that Nintendo basically said no and killed the idea.
Well, Polygon has a new article that goes into a little more depth on the subject, check it out here.
One of these days/years I finally hope to release a book version of my EarthBound/MOTHER 2 localization comparison, which would go into deeper detail than the online version and include some new content. So if Nintendo’s against Marcus’ book, maybe he can eventually piggyback on mine somehow 😛 That was always sort of my plan anyway – for the book versions of my Legends of Localization stuff I’d try to hunt down the people responsible and interview them.
Anyway, all that aside, if you want to keep up with Marcus’ current adventures and work, you can follow him on Twitter here!
Other Related Posts:
13 Comments to The EarthBound Book Nintendo Said No To
- Tuxedo Unmasked: Finally finished the full translation of the Itoi interview, in case anyone is curious! http://www.tuxedounmasked.c...
- IGN: In IGN somewhere they complaining sub-culture of drag queens like magypsies,fredy mercury’s i want to brek free music video and latest...
- Gaben: Hopefully after 100 years of development it’s been worth the weight
- Star and Moon: @EdgeTheLucas Oh yeah. I just re watched both trailers for the Mother 4 fangame and they both list release periods that have long...
- DJ: What controversy? I’ve heard no news sites complaining.