Some Fan-made Mother 4 Screens
January 18th, 2014 | EarthBound
During the EarthBound Bash, Marcus Lindblom mentioned to me that he had wanted to write a book about his experiences working on EarthBound’s localization back in the day, but that Nintendo basically said no and killed the idea.
Well, Polygon has a new article that goes into a little more depth on the subject, check it out here.
One of these days/years I finally hope to release a book version of my EarthBound/MOTHER 2 localization comparison, which would go into deeper detail than the online version and include some new content. So if Nintendo’s against Marcus’ book, maybe he can eventually piggyback on mine somehow That was always sort of my plan anyway – for the book versions of my Legends of Localization stuff I’d try to hunt down the people responsible and interview them.
Anyway, all that aside, if you want to keep up with Marcus’ current adventures and work, you can follow him on Twitter here!
Other Related Posts:
13 Comments to The EarthBound Book Nintendo Said No To
Leave a reply
- Lucas: Even EarthBound HD Collection(Zero,EarthBound,2) may see light of a day only to Wii U.
- dragonwarriorquestsagain: This is really neat.
- Chivi-chivik: Holy shit, their computer must have a shitload of Gigs of RAM! I’d love to go through there!!!
- game4brains: I believe that his blue skin was a result of improper protection when he traveled to the Cave of the Past. This justifies why he...
- Viridi: They seem to have the most trouble with menues