Sell EarthBound, Get Rich!
Over the past few months I’ve heard some very quiet, vague rumblings about a collector getting his hands on a prototype copy of MOTHER 3/EarthBound 64. I’m still VERY skeptical about it all, but here’s what I know and have been told by various sources.
Apparently the trail started with a YouTube comment… which already sets off some alarms, but you can see it here:
A month later, on a different video, the same user makes another claim:
Still very skeptical but curious, I decided to take a look at this guy’s YouTube channel… and to my surprise he really is a hardcore collector of rare systems and development hardware:
The thing is, his videos seem pretty informative and interesting, so it doesn’t seem like he’d have a reason to lie. But at this point I just let it go and passed on the info to some other people.
Later, I learned some more info:
- Apparently the start of the prototype had this same demo movie that played at Spaceworld ’99:
After the video, you could apparently run around a town and then fight a few things. It was supposedly boring:
- He apparently sold the MOTHER 3/EarthBound 64 prototype for cash to someone offline a few years ago. So if this prototype is real, then the trail turns cold here.
I’m very skeptical about the whole thing, but I figure that by putting this out there other fans can help dig up more info on the subject and help prove or disprove it.
Other Related Posts:
76 Comments to Rumors of an EarthBound 64 Prototype
Featured Item on eBay:
Nintendo Gameboy Micro Mother 3 Deluxe Box Limited Edition GBA from Japan
- DriestGuy: Is that Starman a plush or a baloon-ish thing?
- Matteomax: Would kill to get the Giygas one. Too bad it’s all out, by the looks of it.
- Jdaster64: Managed to nab a red vinyl MOTHER album while there was still up. Can’t wait to hear how it sounds!
- Clone5184: Wonder what it’ll sound like on vinyl? Those designs do look cool though.
- Halloween: I like the MOTHER 1 soundtrack… it’d be rad to have that on Magicant Pink wax.