More Fan Merchandise
Gooieooie sent in a somewhat common question among EarthBound/EarthBound Zero fans:
This time, I have a question. In your old EarthBound Zero remake hack, Ninten is wearing a handkerchief. This handkerchief is also shown on Starmen.net and around the internet. However, while looking at his official clay model, he didn’t have one! His in-game sprite doesn’t either, though that’s probably because of the sprite’s size. Still, the model lacks it. Where did this handkerchief originate? I haven’t really seen the answer to this anywhere, so I hope you might know!
I know this topic has been covered somewhere at some point, but I can’t remember where. And I can’t remember the answer, either!
I think it might just be something a fan or a group of fans went with, and it’s sort of stuck ever since. A similar phenomenon is Ninten being fond of Oreo cookies – I think that was something a fan artist drew once and other artists latched onto it.
I’m not sure on the details or anything, though, so if anyone knows, please share in the comments!
Other Related Posts:
48 Comments to Ninten and His Handkerchief
- DarklingDragon: Time sure does fly. I spent some time this week playing Earthbound on the virtual console.
- MysterySprite22: These are really cool. I wish I could have these. I don’t have any EB merchandise. I just drew pictures. That’s it.
- Mallowack: he’s right you know. the game’s a slog to start, it was designed to be simple (drawn by a child), it throws the creepy at...
- N7Kopper: @WVdUde Movements and treaties for a videogame series release worldwide? Sorry if I’m raining on people’s parades here, but I...
- Chivi-chivik: I need to make celebration pics for MOTHER and MOTHER 2′s anniversaries ASAP. I don’t need to bother about EarthBound tho...