Poll: Is EarthBound Overrated?
Gooieooie sent in a somewhat common question among EarthBound/EarthBound Zero fans:
This time, I have a question. In your old EarthBound Zero remake hack, Ninten is wearing a handkerchief. This handkerchief is also shown on Starmen.net and around the internet. However, while looking at his official clay model, he didn’t have one! His in-game sprite doesn’t either, though that’s probably because of the sprite’s size. Still, the model lacks it. Where did this handkerchief originate? I haven’t really seen the answer to this anywhere, so I hope you might know!
I know this topic has been covered somewhere at some point, but I can’t remember where. And I can’t remember the answer, either!
I think it might just be something a fan or a group of fans went with, and it’s sort of stuck ever since. A similar phenomenon is Ninten being fond of Oreo cookies – I think that was something a fan artist drew once and other artists latched onto it.
I’m not sure on the details or anything, though, so if anyone knows, please share in the comments!
Other Related Posts:
48 Comments to Ninten and His Handkerchief
- Mr. Tenda: This seems fake.
- skyrunner14: @Alex Dyson In most of the screenshots we have of EB64, there is indeed a purple monkey, which we believe to be Salsa in the final...
- Mato: Lucas: He was responding to a tweet that someone auto-translated from English to Japanese. The Japanese text was mostly nonsense but sounded...
- Alex Dyson: @CRefice, well… The uploader was one of my friends from a couple of years ago, his name’s Ryan Ramos. I remember him...
- CRefice: @Alex Dyson He’s probably talking about the mother 3 tcrf page. Although I agree, that does not mean anything, since that music...