MOTHER 3 Translation Turns 1
Gooieooie sent in a somewhat common question among EarthBound/EarthBound Zero fans:
This time, I have a question. In your old EarthBound Zero remake hack, Ninten is wearing a handkerchief. This handkerchief is also shown on Starmen.net and around the internet. However, while looking at his official clay model, he didn’t have one! His in-game sprite doesn’t either, though that’s probably because of the sprite’s size. Still, the model lacks it. Where did this handkerchief originate? I haven’t really seen the answer to this anywhere, so I hope you might know!
I know this topic has been covered somewhere at some point, but I can’t remember where. And I can’t remember the answer, either!
I think it might just be something a fan or a group of fans went with, and it’s sort of stuck ever since. A similar phenomenon is Ninten being fond of Oreo cookies – I think that was something a fan artist drew once and other artists latched onto it.
I’m not sure on the details or anything, though, so if anyone knows, please share in the comments!
Other Related Posts:
48 Comments to Ninten and His Handkerchief
Featured Item on eBay:
Earthbound Mother 2 Figure Strap PAULA Tomy Nintendo Game Japan
- Chivi-chivik: It’s quite funny how Nintendo’s so old yet almost nobody knows that XD (I already knew that, that’s why I’m...
- Mother2fan: Wow, 125 years… Happy Birthday, Nintendo.
- snesdude72: It’s weird that this game and the first isn’t on the Japanese eshop. I thought they’d re-release the first game soon...
- Anonymous: @Valder I never understood what the problem with the octopus statue is.
- Anonymous: Looks like Giygas came from a barrel of monkeys toy.