3 2 1 MOTHER Fan Event (2006)
Gooieooie sent in a somewhat common question among EarthBound/EarthBound Zero fans:
This time, I have a question. In your old EarthBound Zero remake hack, Ninten is wearing a handkerchief. This handkerchief is also shown on Starmen.net and around the internet. However, while looking at his official clay model, he didn’t have one! His in-game sprite doesn’t either, though that’s probably because of the sprite’s size. Still, the model lacks it. Where did this handkerchief originate? I haven’t really seen the answer to this anywhere, so I hope you might know!
I know this topic has been covered somewhere at some point, but I can’t remember where. And I can’t remember the answer, either!
I think it might just be something a fan or a group of fans went with, and it’s sort of stuck ever since. A similar phenomenon is Ninten being fond of Oreo cookies – I think that was something a fan artist drew once and other artists latched onto it.
I’m not sure on the details or anything, though, so if anyone knows, please share in the comments!
Other Related Posts:
48 Comments to Ninten and His Handkerchief
- BoaTransistor: Mr. Itoi retweeted something about this earlier today, with a source link: http://www.inside-games.jp/art icle/2014/08/21/79668.html...
- Chivi-chivik: I must say as well that I really like both original and GBA versions of the music. The problem is MOTHER 2: I STILL don’t know...
- Chivi-chivik: @SpitefulCrow Who died and made you the one to decide who is and who isn’t a real fan? The point is to play all the games, we...
- Midna: @game4brains: The NES EarthBound is “hellishly hard” because the Famicom Mother was “hellishly hard”. And the...
- game4brains: Mato, I can only imagine your excitement. Besides, it’s not every day that somoeone chooses to LP the far-better fan translation...