Random Post:

This Survey Stinks

Popular Posts:

None found

January 6th, 2014 | EarthBound, Images

Slab Lab sent this in a little while back:

My friend and I cosplayed as Ness and Pokey to Ikki-Con recently. We hand-made pretty much all of it except for our shoes. We where hoping win in the cosplay contest, but didn’t. Still, our costumes seemed to get everyone at the convention pretty excited, so I thought maybe you would like to see them also.

ness_and_pokey_by_suncosplayshine-d6zw8vq

Those are some really good costumes, and holy crap that Giygas is freaky! I can’t comprehend it!

11 Comments to Ness and Pokey Cosplay with a Friend!

JamesBond007 said on Jan. 6, 2014

It this supposed to be Smurf Pokey wearing Giygas?

SuperStarmen said on Jan. 6, 2014

^ Lol, pokey blue at the end of the game…

WhatsHerFace said on Jan. 6, 2014

Ahhh I saw these guys at the con! I didn’t get a chance to take their photo but I love seeing EB represented through cosplay and these two were really great!

Jason said on Jan. 6, 2014

Good job 🙂

zOomer! said on Jan. 7, 2014

Oh man this is awesome!XD

JamesBond007 said on Jan. 7, 2014

@SuperStarman – maybe he is behind the blue glass in his machine? Pokey/Porky isn’t blue in Mother 3.

Jiterbug said on Jan. 7, 2014

To jamesBond007: Pokey being blue at the end of Mother 2 was symbolic for how corrupt he had become because of Giygas. As for Mother 3, no one but Itoi himself knows why he isn’t blue.

Honestly said on Jan. 8, 2014

I always assumed that Pokey being blue was simply due to the fact that it was a color pallete with low or no lighting. Not that he WAS blue, just that the lack of lighting cast that color upon him.

Which is why this cosplay just looks laughable to me.

Mato said on Jan. 8, 2014

It’s pretty common to see Pokey cosplayed blue or drawn blue, actually.

joe said on Jan. 9, 2014

I dressed up as Ness for Comic-Con back in October. [The london one.] And the one before that. And the next one. And maybe forever. I’m not as obessed with EarthBound as I used to be [my eternal worship now goes to Lucky Star.] but SCROOGE IT.

Anonymous said on Jan. 9, 2014

How did it not win??

• DJ: From what I’ve gathered I’m pretty sure he still writes copy, so they’re an ad company.
  • cosmodos: What does his company even do? Is it actually lucrative? From what I can gather (not knowing Japanese), it’s just his blog, and he...
  • Jason: http://www.ipokiso.com/company /2017/hobonichi.html The anticipated price per share is 2,300 yen. As for those wishing to purchase a share...
  • Leeaux: Hey I just saw this! Really interesting watch to. Lots of little fun facts.
  • Mary: The “behind the scenes” video on how the Ness animation was made is great too. The animators channel is A + Start.