HyperBound: An EarthBound Hack
The other day I posted about a really neat-looking Pokey cosplay, and in the comments a reader insisted that Pokey isn’t blue. It made me realize that there’s a small split among fans, some believe Pokey is blue at the end of EarthBound, and others feel he only LOOKS blue due to the glass of his spider mech:
Personally, I always assumed he had eventually had his mind taken over by Giygas, as Buzz Buzz explains at the start of the game. All the human enemies in the game who are taken over by Giygas look blue, so I figured the same finally happened to Pokey. That, or he had some effects due to time travel.
Still, I’m curious to know what everyone else thinks! Share your thoughts in the comments and vote in this poll!
Other Related Posts:
55 Comments to Is Pokey Blue?
- UbaNess: Similar sentiment that I have been seeing on here, I already bought Earthbound (of course, I am here commenting) but also many others that...
- Raiden: This looks pretty cool. I do have the rom file for the nes emulator but if the random encounters are anything like the original final...
- Vern: I’m actually quite excited by this, much more than any other fan hacks or projects lately – for any games. It’s like being...
- ThatDetectiveFellow: Club Nintendo in America is significantly better than in Europe, Europe’s one (at least that for the UK) is scarcely...
- Peel Z Union: Eartbound Zero better come on virtual console before this comes out or i’ll be forced to get this.