Shigesato Itoi, Giygas, and Boobies
The other day I posted about a really neat-looking Pokey cosplay, and in the comments a reader insisted that Pokey isn’t blue. It made me realize that there’s a small split among fans, some believe Pokey is blue at the end of EarthBound, and others feel he only LOOKS blue due to the glass of his spider mech:
Personally, I always assumed he had eventually had his mind taken over by Giygas, as Buzz Buzz explains at the start of the game. All the human enemies in the game who are taken over by Giygas look blue, so I figured the same finally happened to Pokey. That, or he had some effects due to time travel.
Still, I’m curious to know what everyone else thinks! Share your thoughts in the comments and vote in this poll!
Other Related Posts:
55 Comments to Is Pokey Blue?
- Chivi-chivik: It’s quite funny how Nintendo’s so old yet almost nobody knows that XD (I already knew that, that’s why I’m...
- Mother2fan: Wow, 125 years… Happy Birthday, Nintendo.
- snesdude72: It’s weird that this game and the first isn’t on the Japanese eshop. I thought they’d re-release the first game soon...
- Anonymous: @Valder I never understood what the problem with the octopus statue is.
- Anonymous: Looks like Giygas came from a barrel of monkeys toy.