EarthBound and Feminism
The other day I posted about a really neat-looking Pokey cosplay, and in the comments a reader insisted that Pokey isn’t blue. It made me realize that there’s a small split among fans, some believe Pokey is blue at the end of EarthBound, and others feel he only LOOKS blue due to the glass of his spider mech:
Personally, I always assumed he had eventually had his mind taken over by Giygas, as Buzz Buzz explains at the start of the game. All the human enemies in the game who are taken over by Giygas look blue, so I figured the same finally happened to Pokey. That, or he had some effects due to time travel.
Still, I’m curious to know what everyone else thinks! Share your thoughts in the comments and vote in this poll!
Other Related Posts:
55 Comments to Is Pokey Blue?
Featured Item on eBay:
Mother 1 2 & 3 GBA Game Boy Advance Cartridge EarthBound Nintendo
- MarioFan3: I haven’t been here in yonks. Considering the article mentions that Mother was talked about in an earlier issue there must be...
- virtualboy2558: It’s funny just how ironic this magazine issue covers these two products, both Virtual Boy and Earthbound, and how...
- Mato: I remember at the time that it WAS really impressive for a Super NES game – Street Fighter II was touted for a good while as being the...
- Ailure: 24 mbit translates to about 3 megabyte for those not in the know. For some reason they were really fond of specifying cartridge sizes in...
- Ailure: I love how it mentions the game being 24 mbits like that was huge. Even at the time it was nothing with computers at the era having cd-rom...