Random Post:

Weekly Round-Up #37
Mother 1+2 Dosei San no Hon Picture Book with Dosei San Plush Japan USED

January 2nd, 2014 | EarthBound, Images

Yesterday, Nintendo posted the following New Year’s greeting on its social media accounts:

image

I got lots of e-mails from EarthBound fans about #2 in particular :P

I’m not sure what I’d put for #1. Maybe I’ll finally play all the way through a Pokemon game.

18 Comments to Happy Fuzzy New Year from Nintendo!

LakituAl said on Jan. 2, 2014

Then again, who in this fandom doesn’t say that when posing for a pic? XDD

mac said on Jan. 2, 2014

Whats that mato? Complete a pokemon game that should be a must? I would say that pokemon red is in my top 10 and you never completed one. Come on mato i thought u were a gamer?? Jk haha :)

VixOnAMoonsideTrip said on Jan. 2, 2014

Say… Fuzzy pickles!
I blame EarthBound for my current habit of randomly saying that.
Also, if you want to make Fuzzy Pickles jokes…
I reccomend playing X or Y if you;re serious.
Phil the Photo Guy, anyone?
Everytime I see the sign, I’m just like, “PHIIIL!”

Halloween said on Jan. 2, 2014

Like an estranged son being welcomed back into the family. It feels good. I wonder what 2014 will bring for Earthbound?

PlatinumWolf said on Jan. 2, 2014

I would probably start saying “Fuzzy pickles!”, I don’t own any of the other games listed so..

Guy said on Jan. 3, 2014

I already do #2! (no pun intended)

Anon said on Jan. 3, 2014

I already did #3 and #4 in 2013 ):

Chivi-chivik said on Jan. 3, 2014

Bad thing I can’t do 5-3 due to uninterest and lack of money! However, I can try to make nº2. And for nº1… I’d put “TRY TO GET MONEY AT ALL COSTS!!”. That’s what I want the most.

EarthBoundnerd199X said on Jan. 3, 2014

So this is what it feels like to get national recognition… :*D. It almost feels as if we’re one of its mainstream series. Do you guys think this is a sign of things to come in 2014?

EarthBoundnerd199X said on Jan. 3, 2014

@Chivi-chivik: “Money, (that’s what you want?)” #double reference!!!!

Pengo said on Jan. 3, 2014

I did #2 in 2013 already, I am curently doing #4, and in #5 I am close to getting all the fossils…my #1 resolution is to get all the secret characters in the new Smash Bros.

joe said on Jan. 4, 2014

Mato, your new years resolution would probably be not to make me scared. you make so many translations it scares me. are you a robot?

neonix said on Jan. 6, 2014

I love all the EB references NoA is making now. I bet they’ve been itching to make references like these for years, and now that EB has had a spark in recognition from the VC release, they can. Let’s not forget that they even have a conference room named ‘EarthBound’!

I’m not so sure it’s any sign of things to come (except maybe more references), but it’s still great to see. And maybe all the hubbub could lead to some cool EarthBound stuff. I mean, apparently MOTHER isn’t even that popular in Japan, and yet they still come out with new merchandise every few years. Maybe some North American toy company or something will one day hop on a license to make EartBound merch. ;)

ejruss25 said on Jan. 7, 2014

Wow, you’ve seriously never beaten a Pokemon game? You’re missing out, bro.

joe said on Jan. 9, 2014

Arneywor, I think Earthbound become a mainstream Nintendo series last year.

ejruss25 said on Jan. 10, 2014

Remember the days when we were like, “Nintendo, PLEASE remember Earthbound!” Yeah, good times…

joe said on Jan. 17, 2014

good times…

joe said on Jan. 17, 2014

you know, soon well be asking nintendo to shut up about earthbound. they seem to have cracked up on it since the VC release.