January 15th, 2014 | EarthBound
Boss Fight Books has released its EarthBound book today! This was a project that was announced a while back, so if you haven’t heard about it, here’s a description of the book:
An RPG for the Super NES that flopped when it first arrived in the U.S., EarthBound grew in fan support and critical acclaim over the years, eventually becoming the All-Time Favorite Game of thousands, among them author Ken Baumann.
Featuring a heartfelt foreword from the game’s North American localization director, Marcus Lindblom, Baumann’s EarthBound is a joyful tornado of history, criticism, and memoir.
Baumann explores the game’s unlikely origins, its brilliant creator, its madcap plot, its marketing failure, its cult rise from the ashes, and its intersections with Japanese and American culture, all the while reflecting back on the author’s own journey into the terrifying and hilarious world of adults.
If you’re interested or wanna build up your EarthBound collection even more, you can pick up the book here!
Other Related Posts:
14 Comments to EarthBound Book Releases Today!
- Mother2fan: Since 1889, bitch!
- game4brains: To clarify my statement on the graphics being “awful”, I’m referring to how the GBA’s lack of a backlight...
- Anonymous: @Lloyd Jeffney Thanks for clarifying that.
- Lloyd Jeffney: @Anonymous There wasn’t a problem with the Octopus statue, it’s just in Japan it was used for a pun that would not work...
- Chivi-chivik: It’s quite funny how Nintendo’s so old yet almost nobody knows that XD (I already knew that, that’s why I’m...