MOTHER 2 on Japanese Virtual Console March 20th
January 15th, 2014 | EarthBound
Boss Fight Books has released its EarthBound book today! This was a project that was announced a while back, so if you haven’t heard about it, here’s a description of the book:
An RPG for the Super NES that flopped when it first arrived in the U.S., EarthBound grew in fan support and critical acclaim over the years, eventually becoming the All-Time Favorite Game of thousands, among them author Ken Baumann.
Featuring a heartfelt foreword from the game’s North American localization director, Marcus Lindblom, Baumann’s EarthBound is a joyful tornado of history, criticism, and memoir.
Baumann explores the game’s unlikely origins, its brilliant creator, its madcap plot, its marketing failure, its cult rise from the ashes, and its intersections with Japanese and American culture, all the while reflecting back on the author’s own journey into the terrifying and hilarious world of adults.
If you’re interested or wanna build up your EarthBound collection even more, you can pick up the book here!
Other Related Posts:
14 Comments to EarthBound Book Releases Today!
Featured Item on eBay:
Game Boy Micro System Mother 3 Deluxe Box Nintendo Japan NEW
- Mother2fan: I can’t even fathom why they would make such a minute change to that battle background.
- DJMankiewicz: Very interesting. I had suspected that Earthbound’s “dulled” battle effects were done in emulator rather than as a...
- Chivi-chivik: I think that the lightning change in the ‘PK Flash get’ animation was put so you can see better how the lightning strikes...
- joe411: Perhaps some changes were made since the Wii U’s GBA emukator adds a darker color filter?
- Mato: DIO: We checked those too, Mother 2 has so many versions that I dunno what to call the Wii U version, but it and the New 3DS ones are the...