EarthBound Title Screen in 3D
January 15th, 2014 | EarthBound
Boss Fight Books has released its EarthBound book today! This was a project that was announced a while back, so if you haven’t heard about it, here’s a description of the book:
An RPG for the Super NES that flopped when it first arrived in the U.S., EarthBound grew in fan support and critical acclaim over the years, eventually becoming the All-Time Favorite Game of thousands, among them author Ken Baumann.
Featuring a heartfelt foreword from the game’s North American localization director, Marcus Lindblom, Baumann’s EarthBound is a joyful tornado of history, criticism, and memoir.
Baumann explores the game’s unlikely origins, its brilliant creator, its madcap plot, its marketing failure, its cult rise from the ashes, and its intersections with Japanese and American culture, all the while reflecting back on the author’s own journey into the terrifying and hilarious world of adults.
If you’re interested or wanna build up your EarthBound collection even more, you can pick up the book here!
Other Related Posts:
14 Comments to EarthBound Book Releases Today!
- Toby: I doubt you could get to Jr./Son of Starman, as you would need to have everything memorized to come even close. Besides you also have that...
- something fuzzy: Definitely would’ve been interesting to see a 3D rendition of a Flying Man, but in the end it probably was a wise choice to...
- Supergamerk: I like how they put Earthbound, an RPG with a VERY slow beginning on a time limit. I’d be surprised if you could get to Starman...
- Ostricho: Jess is right, there was a portion with a Ness FP fighter. I remember seeing it, and rewinding to pause it at that screen. EarthBound...
- Boodledump: This is awesome!