January 26th, 2014 | EarthBound 64

petition1

Many years ago a bunch of us Starmen.Net people put together a petition for EarthBound 64/MOTHER 3 – if you’ve never seen or heard about it, there’s more info here. It was actually our second petition for the game, and I think it was the one Miyamoto mentioned when he said that EarthBound fans are “really solid”.

Anyway, the other day the guys at Fangamer were looking through a copy of the petition when they noticed a familiar name:

petition2

It turns out the localization director for EarthBound had signed the petition and we never really noticed until now! This was even when he had moved on to work for Midway for a while, neat :D

For some more memorable signatures, check out this page!

21 Comments to An EarthBound 64 Petition Surprise

Anonymous said on Jan. 26, 2014

It seems like Marcus has been in the spotlight alot recently!

AngelaQuartz said on Jan. 26, 2014

Wow, it’s really cool how you can come back to something years later and notice things you never saw before.

Anon said on Jan. 26, 2014

That’s actually amazing.

MagikoopaMaster said on Jan. 26, 2014

Marcus has been getting alot of attention lately! He deserves it all!

LucasPSI said on Jan. 26, 2014

I hope every now and then Itoi comes on earthbound central to see us talking about Earthbound 64. Maybe someday it could even inspire him to remake it! ^^

HairyStick said on Jan. 26, 2014

Neat!

Chivi-chivik said on Jan. 26, 2014

I would really know what EB64 was going to be about before it became MOTHER 3.

2Sang said on Jan. 26, 2014

I think that’s pretty cool of Marcus.

bov said on Jan. 26, 2014

What is the numbers for? 207.76.6.250

Valerie said on Jan. 26, 2014

Wow… That’s awesome!
It’s so cool that little things like this are still being found nearly two decades later…
Always something going on with this series, isn’t there? It’s really amazing to see this kind of thing…
I need to stop being so sentimental… But it’s so hard not to be, ’cause this is MOTHER…

EBMarcus said on Jan. 26, 2014

Wow… I don’t remember doing that. I guess I must have been on the website earlier than I thought! Also, I’m guessing the numbers are my old IP address…

KillerSpecialK said on Jan. 27, 2014

Looks like Marcus has been fighting the good fight with us all along!

Words cannot describe how grateful we are for everything you have done for the fan community and gaming in general, Marcus! We love you, stay awesome!

Honestly said on Jan. 29, 2014

@LucasPSI: …Um. We already got the Earthbound 64 remake. It was on Gameboy Advance. You might have heard of it. It was called Mother 3.

…seriously, I have to be honest, why are people still even expecting this? We got the game, already.

It’s at least 89% the same thing as was being planned. There is absolutely, positively zero need for it. And even less chance that the time and resources would ever be put into something like this, when we already have virtually the same EB64 experience as was intended that we’re going to get and have gotten.

It literally is the same game. It went into an extremely long hiatus, it shifted platforms, the title was slightly changed and it underwent some rewrites. But we already have Earthbound64. It morphed into something else and was released. That is the long and short of it.

Earthboundians Unite! said on Jan. 29, 2014

@Honestly Pretty much. I’ld rather have a whole new Mother game rather than a port of the old Earthbound 64 game. It’s sad to be honest that we never did get it on the N64, the game seemed to have most of the major areas completed, judging by the screenshots we have gotten as we’ve gotten a screenshot from almost every single area in the game, including Pork City’s Jungle area. But, while I love the Mother 3 we got, it always held a sense of incompletion, like some story element never continued, but I can never put my finger on it. If we ever did get Mother 3 in the US, I think what Nintendo should do is just remake the series in a 3D HD format on the Wii U, add in story elements so it’s more of a remake, and also have the 3 original games with there original graphics on the disc aswell. While it would probably never happen, I do think we’ll eventually get Mother 1 and 3 on the Wii U eShop somewhere down the line. The games are translated, and heck Mato offered over his own translations for free, all Nintendo would need to do would be to put it on the eShop. We’ll see when GBA games are released on the Wii U eShop. If they EVER get released… -_-

Opinionated Vector Chimera said on Jan. 30, 2014

Marcus Lindblom signed the second dug up petition? Huh.

You learn something new every day.

Lucas said on Feb. 2, 2014

Let’s Itoi making MOTHER HD Trilogy into Wii U only.

Lucas said on Feb. 2, 2014

Itoi want make MOTHER 4 due to Nintendo so he can make EarthBound Zero and EarthBound 2-it also depends of Reggie-Fils-Aime and Satoru Shibata.Magypsies cannot look like Transvestites.Barrier Trio have to contain two females and one male member.

Lucas said on Feb. 2, 2014

Well MOTHER 3 N64 Edition wasn’t released in Japan-Europe-USA.

TalonKhan said on Feb. 2, 2014

Sorry for being “That guy” Mato but just to let you know you spelled midway as miday on it.
Either way this is yet another reason that marcus is just plain awesome. :3