Random Post:

Localization Book Poll
MOTHER 1 GAME GUIDE BOOK FC NES Japanese 1

January 23rd, 2014 | EarthBound, Images

A little while ago, Derrek sent me this e-mail:

I dont know if this would interest you. but its been a real treat for me so far so i thought i’d share.

A miiverse user by the name of moldyclay has been drawing out his entire adventure of earthbound so far.

His posts have been criminally overlooked it seems so I thought i’d point the community in his direction

You can check out MoldyClay’s Miiverse stuff via a Wii, 3DS, or online here. And here’s just a small sample of some of MoldyClay’s EarthBound “draw-through”:

moldyclay

I actually don’t follow Miiverse stuff much – who are some other good Miiverse users you think everyone should check out? Share your suggestions in the comments!

18 Comments to An Awesome EarthBound Miiverse Account

Chivi-chivik said on Jan. 23, 2014

I always like people who draws fanart very well and in its original style :D

Ninten said on Jan. 23, 2014

So cool! Ill have to check that out. EarthBound artists are pretty hard to come by, but I’ve recently found some good artists! Check out Jess-n-Jill and hamabananan! They both draw EB fanart frequently. They don’t do the whole draw along with their adventure thing, but I am happy to see their new artwork, and they deserve more attention :D

Clowkero said on Jan. 23, 2014

AWESOME! I’ll follow him inmediatly

Leeaux said on Jan. 23, 2014

I wonder if this is the same MoldyClay from Gonintendo

MoldyClay said on Jan. 23, 2014

MoldyClay here, the artist for these. I just wanted to say thank you for finding this post-worthy! More importantly, thank you to Derrek for sending it in. I hadn’t actually played much of EarthBound prior to starting this playthrough (everything from Titanium Ant onward is brand new to me), and originally, I was just drawing bosses, but I started enjoying just drawing the whole thing.

Also, to answer Leeaux, yes. I’m the same as the one from GoNintendo.

NessSmash said on Jan. 23, 2014

I suggest…myself. I don’t draw, but I constantly get on Nintendo’s nerves (possibly) about making a Mother Trilogy Collection for both the 3DS and Wii U.

Support these links. http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/motherearthboundcollection/ and https://www.facebook.com/mother.earthboundtrilogycollection

My Wii U account is DonkeyKongSmash, but I’m banned. Gonna fix that, but anyway my 3DS account is MotherEBTrilogy. I honestly don’t rant as much one that one though.

2Sang said on Jan. 23, 2014

That’s the great thing about earthbound fans; they aren’t large in number, but they make up for in quality.

Derrek said on Jan. 23, 2014

No problem MoldyClay. Thank you for taking the time to make all these awesome drawings!

JamesBond007 said on Jan. 24, 2014

Nice, but why nobody mentions Super Smash Wars, a Star Wars/Nintendo crossover available on YouTube? It has EarthBound references. A Starman and Titanic Ant appear in “A Link to the Hope” and Ness, Jeff and Mr. Saturns appear in “The Empire Smashes Back”.

SuperGamerk said on Jan. 24, 2014

Best. Miiverse Account. Ever. (Makes me jealous because I can’t draw.)

Jordan said on Jan. 24, 2014

This is so cool, I’ll totally go follow on my bro’s. Do you know of any more people I should check out? I must have mooooore

ChozoBoy said on Jan. 25, 2014

I didn’t do much art for it, though I am an artist, but I did write down my first EB impressions in my playthrough at Player2 on Miiverse.

Lucas said on Jan. 25, 2014

How can I deliver experience to MOTHER players?Due of my MOTHER 0 creation(without Shigesato Itoi).

MoldyClay said on Jan. 25, 2014

I wanted to give another thanks for this. Since this was put up (mere days ago), I went from like 50-ish followers (across 2+ months) up to 100+ now. I’m sure not all of them are from here, but I can bet a good chunk are directly related since I doubled followers in only two days.

I don’t really care about numbers of followers, but I do like that so many people apparently appreciate what I do and it just took a push like this. Thanks again, guys! :D

Captain Cab said on Jan. 26, 2014

Hey Moldy Clay, I tried checking out your account just now but it looks like you got banned or suspended? What happened?

MoldyClay said on Jan. 26, 2014

@Captain Cab – Did you go to the right one? My NNID is frothyjazz54, not MoldyClay. My Mii is MoldyClay.

I’ve had the username MoldyClay for 12 years, but someone used up both MoldyClay & MoldyClay87 (the two names I always use). The banned one, according to friends at GoNintendo, may have been attempting to impersonate me and was stirring up trouble/hating Nintendo and stuff.

But I still wanted to be MoldyClay, so I named my Mii that.

So try frothyjazz54, I’m not banned as far as I know. Been posting all day(Animal Crossing & OoT3D though, not EB today).

Captain Cab said on Jan. 27, 2014

Ah, I searched just by “moldyclay” and it brought up some guy whose status message said something about Miiverse being “oppressive” and “this user is hidden.” I found your account, sorry for the scare, haha

MoldyClay said on Jan. 27, 2014

Haha, it’s okay. Yeah. There were ‘other’ MoldyClays that popped up before I got my Wii U (much to my dismay, since I am too attached to the name after so many years to not use it), but I lucked out that I could still show up as MoldyClay through the Mii.

However, it causes a lot of confusion for people. :\