EarthBound Finished in About Five Hours
The other day I posted about how you can buy a downloadable copy of EarthBound from GameStop stores – and how they even have a special box for EarthBound!
I had only seen photos of the back of the box, but a kind reader sent in a look at the front of the box later on. Here it is!
Also, a reader named gooieooie sent this bit of info in about EarthBound’s description on Nintendo’s service:
This is something very small, but since you seem to like looking at stuff like this, here it is! On the EarthBound eShop page (where you can buy the game, watch the trailer, etc.), there is a small typo in the game’s description. It says “A boy names Ness vows to protect the Earth from Giygas!” (or something along those lines.) It should say “named Ness”, instead of “names”. Just noting this because it’s still there after being available for quite a while, so I guess Nintendo still hasen’t noticed. 😀
So there you go!
I don’t have an American Wii U handy to check this out for myself, but it sounds familiar somehow, like other people have mentioned it before.
Typo Defense Squad, activate! (aka let’s see how long it takes for it to get fixed now that it’s been pointed out 😛 )
Thanks to everyone who’s been sending in info about the release – it’s crazy that there’s still stuff to talk about even half a year later!
And whatever happened with that Onett Times Miiverse? Has there been any activity with that at all? I wonder what it was created for…
Other Related Posts:
6 Comments to Some More EarthBound on Wii U Tidbits
- Mother2fan: I can’t even fathom why they would make such a minute change to that battle background.
- DJMankiewicz: Very interesting. I had suspected that Earthbound’s “dulled” battle effects were done in emulator rather than as a...
- Chivi-chivik: I think that the lightning change in the ‘PK Flash get’ animation was put so you can see better how the lightning strikes...
- joe411: Perhaps some changes were made since the Wii U’s GBA emukator adds a darker color filter?
- Mato: DIO: We checked those too, Mother 2 has so many versions that I dunno what to call the Wii U version, but it and the New 3DS ones are the...