EARTHBOUND Mother (NINTENDO FAMICOM 1989) VGA 85 ARCHIVAL CASE

December 25th, 2013 | Audio Stuff, EarthBound

Here are some EarthBound-related goodies that people have made for Christmas!

First is this version of the Snowman/Winters boarding school song made by Hirokazu Tanaka himself!

And comic/art guy Mitch got this EarthBound blanket!

1477666_747340323546_1906720981_n

Did anyone else get/make any EarthBound-related gifts this year? Share them in the comments!

26 Comments to Some EarthBound Christmas Gifts!

gustr15 said on Dec. 25, 2013

I got the Giygas shirt from fangamer.

KrakenofStakin said on Dec. 25, 2013

The Mother 3 Handbook from Fangamer

Chivi-chivik said on Dec. 25, 2013

All of this makes me remember that my life’s so unfortunate. :(

Jack said on Dec. 25, 2013

Got a MOTHER 3 poster

LucasPSI said on Dec. 25, 2013

sounds nearly identical to the Mother 3+ version of Snowman.

Slab Lab said on Dec. 25, 2013

Got a bunch of MOTHER stuff from fangamer along with Pikmin 3 and Borderlands

Mac said on Dec. 25, 2013

That blanket is pretty cool! Can somone tell me how it was made?

Ella said on Dec. 25, 2013

I simply got MOTHER 3. I couldn’t be happier.

SuperStarman said on Dec. 25, 2013

@LucasPSI
well it’s going to be similar to Mother 3. Mother 3 is almost already an hd port of mother 2’s snowman.

Mr. Tenda said on Dec. 26, 2013

Woah, that’s quite a blanket. Mitch’s friend must have level 99 super black magic sewing skills

Paulashine of ThunderClan said on Dec. 26, 2013

Well, if this counts, I got fabric to make a Masked Man plush. :D It’s going great so far.

Bionic said on Dec. 26, 2013

A glass with a Starman on it, and a pillow with Tessie! :)

Ring064 said on Dec. 26, 2013

well sort of… I got the wind waker remake…. HEAR ME OUT,

before you are thrown over onto the first island you travel to save someone( where a certain villain hangs out COUGHgannonCOUGH), there is a flag that has a symbol sort of simular to the pig army’s symbol of the pig nose.

SO YEAH!… damit… ill go play some wind waker HD now… and cry a little

Ninten1 said on Dec. 26, 2013

Tomato, has there ever been any documentation on who composed which specific songs in MOTHERs 1and 2? That always interested me.

[…] Source: Earthbound Central […]

Mato said on Dec. 26, 2013

Ninten1: I think someone started to compile as much info as possible through CD booklets and the like, but with 100+ songs it’s still pretty incomplete. I don’t have any links handy, unfortunately.

Lance the Dragonmaster said on Dec. 26, 2013

I got the Chosen Four shirt from FanGamer (^_^)

piggyjelly said on Dec. 26, 2013

My GF made me a bead sprite of Ness

Rusty Shackleford said on Dec. 27, 2013

I got a Wii U and bought Earthbound on the eShop.

Ness1985 said on Dec. 27, 2013

I didn’t really get anything. But I did play the Holiday Hex hack, disappointed it was extremely short, like 2 quick bosses short.

kenisu said on Dec. 27, 2013

Ninten1, Mato:

I’ve been under the impression lately that Hirokazu Tanaka may have composed all of the melodic stuff (if you look at his work in other games he seems to have a wonderful talent for catchy melodies), while Keiichi Suzuki composed all of the weird stylistic material. He might even be the guy largely responsible for all the music plagiarism, but I don’t want to jump to conclusions.

Of course, Tanaka has some ability with “weirdness” himself (Metroid for the NES, while featuring the super-memorable Brinstar theme, is very atmospheric in its soundtrack), so I guess it could be either-or.

Holly said on Dec. 27, 2013

@kenisu, Ninten1, Mato:

This guy went through a bunch of booklets and stuff to document who wrote what (for example, in MOTHER 1 Suzuki wrote Pollyanna while Tanaka wrote Magicant), as well as giving educated guesses as to who wrote the uncredited tracks.

September said on Dec. 28, 2013

That’s an amazing blanket! I didn’t get anything EarthBound-y this Christmas, but I’m happy anyway. Some money and a perfume set. :)

that unlikely 12 year old mother fan said on Dec. 29, 2013

I got EarthBound, MOTHER 3, a Fangamer MOTHER 3 handbook, and a Mr. Saturn, lol. I got some other stuff too like Super Mario 3D World and Pokémon X.

SomariI said on Dec. 30, 2013

I got Earthbound and a SNES.