December 17th, 2013 | EarthBound, Images

Meleentalist mentioned this on Twitter:

someone messed up for the EarthBound 3DS Miiverse banner. Didn’t know we had two EarthBounds on NES.

ebnes0

As you can see, up in the corner it says “Nintendo Entertainment System”… which isn’t right at all!

I was skeptical at first, like, “Nah, there’s no way this is real. If it’s real Nintendo would’ve fixed it by now anyway.” So I checked my own 3DS…

ebnes

…and yep, it’s real and it’s still there, even a week later :lol: Now let’s start a pool to see when it’ll get fixed!

On a slightly not-entirely-related note, this reminds me of how much I’d really like to be able to take 3DS screenshots. I’ve found two guys online who’ll mod 3DSs for you for a hefty fee (Loopy and some other guy in Japan I think) – are there any other choices/alternatives? If anyone knows, let me know! I’m particularly interested in it for my Legends of Localization projects!

11 Comments to Silly Nintendo, That’s the Wrong System

DarkHamsterlord said on Dec. 17, 2013

I wonder if this is a case of Nintendo having some big internal encyclopedia of all their games, and some intern searched “Earth Bound” and came up with the unreleased NES localization.

As for taking 3DS screenshots, some games (but not all, unfortunately) will allow you to post screenshots to Miiverse, and from there you can go to the official Miiverse site and grab them from there. They’ll be a little bit compressed, and it doesn’t work for every game, but that’s the only way around it at the moment if the game doesn’t have a built-in screenshot feature.

edgethelucas said on Dec. 17, 2013

I also hope the rumor that SNES games are coming to 3DS eShop is true. I’d love to play EarthBound on the go.

Nicho said on Dec. 17, 2013

Guys! It’s Nintendo hinting at a GBC VC release of Mother 1! EVERYBODY, TO YOUR STATIONS! GET THE HYPE, UP THE HYYYYYPE!…..Grammatically dramatic exaggeration aside, I picture someone out there is saying this….and yes….they are saying the gameboy color version is confirmed from the NES…………..dakota!

357 said on Dec. 17, 2013

High Quality 3DS Image: http://imgur.com/L3SQJER

Low Quality Wii U Image: http://imgur.com/jmHBxka

Mato said on Dec. 17, 2013

Thanks!

Moonside said on Dec. 17, 2013

Wait, do you think Earthbound will be on the 3DS? ^_^
I just got one for Christmas, more because the WiiU doesn’t have many good games… and Pokemon.

Justin said on Dec. 17, 2013

Moonside, the Wii U has lots of good games. One of them is, in fact, Earthbound!

edgethelucas said on Dec. 18, 2013

Barring that, Super Mario 3D World just came out and it’s so fun! I think that alone is worth a Wii U, along with EarthBound of course.

AConcernedGamer said on Dec. 19, 2013

The rumor of SNES games coming to 3DS Virtual Console arose out of a mistake on the Contra III community. If you view this community by searching for Wii U communities on your Nintendo 3DS, you will see a picture of a screenshot in the Nintendo 3DS’s top screen. Yes, you can use your own Nintendo 3DS to verify this mistake.

Ness and Sonic said on Dec. 22, 2013

They’ve added Miiverse to the 3DS. I wonder if they added the screenshot option with it or if it’s just Miiverse only. Had you looked into it, Tom?

segaman2 said on Dec. 23, 2013

Wow, I didn’t think the NES was capable of so much!