3D EarthBound Sprites
December 11th, 2013 | Interviews
This is old news by now, but ShirowWolf sent me this e-mail back around the time the EarthBound Bash was happening so I didn’t get to it until now:
So here we have Reggie Fils-Aime basically admitting that Nintendo of America doesn’t listen to fan petitions and campaigns, and they ‘don’t effect what [Nintendo]‘ does. Now, this isn’t surprising at all, and will shock no one, but it might say something that NoA is now actually admitting it. Mother 3 isn’t mentioned in the article, but the Operation Rainfall RPGs are.
So….yeah. Here’s the interview from Siliconera– LINK
The topic of Xenoblade comes up, and I’m really glad there was that push to get it sort of released in the States – I ended up putting 150+ hours into my first playthrough So thank you to everyone who helped make a ruckus about that back in the day!
But Reggie also mentions these things about petitions/campaigns:
I have to tell you—it doesn’t affect what we do. We certainly look at it, and we’re certainly aware of it, but it doesn’t necessarily affect what we do.
The thing we know [about petitions] is that 100,000 signatures doesn’t mean 100,000 sales.
Has Nintendo ever been burned by listening to a big fan petition and then getting crappy sales? His wording makes me think that’s happened before.
Anyway, I feel like EarthBound fans’ petitioning heyday is long over. Maybe these sort of things are better suited for Nintendo’s Miiverse stuff these days anyway. If it helped get EarthBound re-released, maybe it’ll help get the other two games released in English some year
Other Related Posts:
18 Comments to Petitions Don’t Affect Nintendo
Featured Item on eBay:
Takara Tomy Mother 2 Gyiyg no Gyakushuu Phone Strap Figure Jeff
- MysterySprite22: This is weird, but not as weird as the belly warmers. xD
- Toby: I doubt you could get to Jr./Son of Starman, as you would need to have everything memorized to come even close. Besides you also have that...
- something fuzzy: Definitely would’ve been interesting to see a 3D rendition of a Flying Man, but in the end it probably was a wise choice to...
- Supergamerk: I like how they put Earthbound, an RPG with a VERY slow beginning on a time limit. I’d be surprised if you could get to Starman...
- Ostricho: Jess is right, there was a portion with a Ness FP fighter. I remember seeing it, and rewinding to pause it at that screen. EarthBound...