EarthBound Fans Worldwide Thank Nintendo
December 11th, 2013 | Interviews
This is old news by now, but ShirowWolf sent me this e-mail back around the time the EarthBound Bash was happening so I didn’t get to it until now:
So here we have Reggie Fils-Aime basically admitting that Nintendo of America doesn’t listen to fan petitions and campaigns, and they ‘don’t effect what [Nintendo]‘ does. Now, this isn’t surprising at all, and will shock no one, but it might say something that NoA is now actually admitting it. Mother 3 isn’t mentioned in the article, but the Operation Rainfall RPGs are.
So….yeah. Here’s the interview from Siliconera– LINK
The topic of Xenoblade comes up, and I’m really glad there was that push to get it sort of released in the States – I ended up putting 150+ hours into my first playthrough So thank you to everyone who helped make a ruckus about that back in the day!
But Reggie also mentions these things about petitions/campaigns:
I have to tell you—it doesn’t affect what we do. We certainly look at it, and we’re certainly aware of it, but it doesn’t necessarily affect what we do.
The thing we know [about petitions] is that 100,000 signatures doesn’t mean 100,000 sales.
Has Nintendo ever been burned by listening to a big fan petition and then getting crappy sales? His wording makes me think that’s happened before.
Anyway, I feel like EarthBound fans’ petitioning heyday is long over. Maybe these sort of things are better suited for Nintendo’s Miiverse stuff these days anyway. If it helped get EarthBound re-released, maybe it’ll help get the other two games released in English some year
Other Related Posts:
18 Comments to Petitions Don’t Affect Nintendo
Leave a reply
Featured Item on eBay:
MOTHER Game Guide Cheat Book FAMICOM TSUSHIN 1989 Japan Nintendo FREESHIP
- campus Life cheats: Hi, i think that i saw you visited my website thus i came to “return the favor”.I am trying to find things to enhance my...
- Oh My: It’s not about the game. It’s about the title. I have no interest in playing most fan games. The only reason I gave Mother 4 the...
- Anonymous: “Developers’ deceit” sounds a bit conspiratorial. Accepting it? Oh my, The entirety of that syntactic arrangement is...
- Oh My: Raiden, you’re narrowing it down a little too much. There were many reasons why I object to it being called Mother 4. Non-official...
- Raiden: Alright I hate to be a chatty cathy but let me narrow it down: Since it’s not official it shouldn’t be called Mother 4? So let...