MOTHER Perfect Strategy Game Guide w/Map Book Japan Famicom FREESHIP RARE TM

December 6th, 2013 | EarthBound, Merchandise

pk_stan e-mailed me this morning about a set of new, official MOTHER 2 merchandise – new figure keychain straps! Here’s a look at the flier:

mother2-figure-straps

These will be available from those capsule toy machine things, and each capsule toy is 200 yen. They supposedly become available starting this month, and may already be available in some places in Japan, but I don’t have any confirmation on that yet.

The figures you can get are:

• Ness
  • Paula
  • Jeff
  • Poo
  • Mr. Saturn
  • Geppu/Master Belch
  • Return of Geppu/Master Barf (rare)

Right now details are scarce pretty much everywhere online, so hopefully I’ll be able to dig up some more info soon! For now, here’s a closer look at the figures:

mother2-straps

Thanks again to pk_stan! And if anyone out there comes across new info, let me know in the comments!

32 Comments to New MOTHER 2 Figure Straps Incoming!

Chivi-chivik said on Dec. 6, 2013

I want one of those… ;_; (I HATE being this poor…)

snesdude7 said on Dec. 6, 2013

Will these stay cheap for a while? (when there still available)

DJMankiewicz said on Dec. 6, 2013

Are they supposed to be in black and white? Are we meant to paint them ourselves?

Moonside said on Dec. 6, 2013

No, they are just mock-ups. They haven’t finalized painting them yet.

Finally, affordable Mother 2 merch.

ShadowX said on Dec. 6, 2013

Ah, I see you found these too! Gotta love yahoo Japan Auctions morning searches. ;)

The flyer only shows the un-painted mock up versions. The ones you can win will be in color. These aren’t out yet, but should be very soon! :D

gds said on Dec. 6, 2013

The mr. saturn strap is probably the same as the mother 1+2 ones, except this one has the whiskers attached to its body

2Sang said on Dec. 6, 2013

I want them ALL!

2Sang said on Dec. 6, 2013

So they’re about $2 US each? With shipping and markups we’ll probably pay $5-10 each. That’s not bad for earthbound merchandise.

NinjaCheese said on Dec. 6, 2013

I hope they are cheap when they start to hit eBay. I really hope nintendo releases some UK/Europe Earthbound merchandise sometime soon, if at all, so I don’t have to pay mega insane prices.

Nessentially said on Dec. 6, 2013

I’m mostly interested in getting the rare one since it’s a character that hasn’t had a figure yet, but I’ll still get all of them!

2Sang said on Dec. 6, 2013

It would be really nice if there was a club nintendo reward like a poster or something earthbound-related.

MagikoopaMaster said on Dec. 6, 2013

2013 really was a good year for the series wasn’t it?

pk_stan said on Dec. 6, 2013

In my digging for info on these, I found a site selling bags of 50 assorted figures for around 8,000 yen. I believe the site was for retailers to buy stock for their machines. I’m not positive, but I don’t think it was for the average joe. Either way, the site was sold out. My point is that I hope they stay cheap also. I’m so excited that the series is getting so much attention!

Nintendork said on Dec. 6, 2013

I can already see people getting ahead of themselves, thinking that this is a ‘sign from Nintendo’.

Still, very cool, even if they stay in Japan.

Mr. Tenda said on Dec. 7, 2013

200 yen, huh? That means they’ll be like $40 on eBay, I guess. Man, it sure would be nice to live in Japan…

September said on Dec. 7, 2013

Awww. I’d pay someone living in Japan to get one and send it all the way over here to Sweden. I’m so jealous, haha. Once these go up on eBay they’ll be super expensive… :(

BusterTheFox said on Dec. 7, 2013

So cool. I have nothing Mother/EarthBound themed at all in my home (Aside from some data on my Wii U of course). I’m not rich, so I’ve stuck to collecting Pokemon merch. What did I just say? Oh, no! Now all the haters are gonna say “Pokemon is gay trollololol”! Know what? Hater’s gonna hate. I said it. Twerking and YOLO! AMERICA!!!

…I don’t know how this comment turned out this way. I’m going to click the send button cause I just don’t care.

anon said on Dec. 8, 2013

They just look like the UFO prize catcher banpresto stuff that was released in 2010 so I’m not really excited. Although since I missed out on a lot of those i’ll try to track them down.

Jason said on Dec. 8, 2013

So, what you’re saying is that I need to go out to Akihabara immediately after work and go buy a bunch of these to sell on eBay?

Christmas has come early!!

adelinax said on Dec. 9, 2013

why is the one belch just a silhouette?

Mato said on Dec. 9, 2013

Because that one is a rare version. It’s common practice to put silhouettes for rare ones like this.

adelinax said on Dec. 11, 2013

Dengar said on Dec. 22, 2013

OK, just spent the day in Tokyo. Searched through Nakano and Akihabara and saw 0 EB Gachya machines. Did get some nice stuff in Nakano (Shinobi Saturn for 1/2 of what I could find on ebay!) but no capsule goodness =( Anyone been able to find anything?

Fukuokaman said on Dec. 22, 2013

Hey guys, I’m in Fukuoka, and I plan to launch an all out attack on these at the end of the week. If you look at the ad, it says they release the fourth week of december, which is this week. Sadly, it’s also a Holiday week. I’ve also got the Amazon.jp link cornered so I can buy 2 full sets: one for my mother hoard and the other to give out and put on my things.

This Friday though, I’ll visit all the big city shopping centers and give a report.

neonix said on Dec. 23, 2013

Wait, so they’re just gonna be selling full sets (minus the rare Belch apparently) on Amazon? That ruins some of the fun, lol, but I guess I’ll be ordering one of those.

Fukuokaman said on Dec. 25, 2013

Fukuokaman here again. I think they hit ground today. I ordered two sets off amazon.jp for about 31.11 USD. A Merry Christmas indeed. :)

neonix said on Dec. 26, 2013

Thanks for the update and that link Fukuokaman. I think I’m going to order 2 sets as well!

Fukuokaman said on Dec. 28, 2013

Alright, so here’s the big update.
1) My friend saw a machine in Akihabara. He’s a good guy and knows I’m a superfan, so he asked me if I wanted any. Here’s a link:

2) They came here from Amazon! So now I have every one but return of Belch. I actually ordered another, smaller set with Return of Belch, and am selling it to a homie.
Here’s a link to the grand reveal!:

Glad I could contribute something to this awesome website. Please keep up the great work Mato.

Anonymoose said on Dec. 31, 2013

Can anyone give me a link for where to get these at a reasonable price and allows shipping to the UK? The UK never got anything from the series before the virtual console release so I would love to get some merchandise when it is new and cheap!

Anonymous said on Feb. 18, 2014

I Want Ness! How i can buy one please?