The Jeff Andonuts Show!
I’m still catching up on my EarthBound e-mails! Morgil sent me this e-mail a while back about the Angry Video Game Nerd:
I’m sure a lot of people know about the Angry Video Game Nerd show, which reviews old bad video games. However, the creator and star, James Rolfe, also does numerous other game and movie based videos on his site Cinemassacre.com. One of these other video series is one where he and friend Mike Matai just site around and casually play some game while talking about random stuff.
In the latest video, they were playing Smash Bros. Melee, and towards the end when they were fighting on the Onett stage, they started talking a bit about their own personal memories of Earthbound. In particular, James did some comparing of the game’s battle system to other SNES RPG’s at the time. It was pretty interesting to hear their brief thoughts on the ol’ SNES gem
And here’s that part in the video:
James/the AVGN has never really commented much on EarthBound before, aside from maybe this, so this was a neat surprise! I also hear that EarthBound is a regular request he gets for AVGN videos – and in a way I think it could fit really well if he played with the whole “this game stinks” and “talking piles of vomit” angle the game has 😛
In fact, when I read this I can totally hear the Nerd saying it:
And I also wanna get the Awesome Video Games guys to do an EarthBound Zero episode someday!
Other Related Posts:
14 Comments to James “AVGN” Rolfe Talks Earthbound
- DJ: From what I’ve gathered I’m pretty sure he still writes copy, so they’re an ad company.
- cosmodos: What does his company even do? Is it actually lucrative? From what I can gather (not knowing Japanese), it’s just his blog, and he...
- Jason: http://www.ipokiso.com/company /2017/hobonichi.html The anticipated price per share is 2,300 yen. As for those wishing to purchase a share...
- Leeaux: Hey I just saw this! Really interesting watch to. Lots of little fun facts.
- Mary: The “behind the scenes” video on how the Ness animation was made is great too. The animators channel is A + Start.