Real Life Dusty Dunes Desert
I’m still catching up on my EarthBound e-mails! Morgil sent me this e-mail a while back about the Angry Video Game Nerd:
I’m sure a lot of people know about the Angry Video Game Nerd show, which reviews old bad video games. However, the creator and star, James Rolfe, also does numerous other game and movie based videos on his site Cinemassacre.com. One of these other video series is one where he and friend Mike Matai just site around and casually play some game while talking about random stuff.
In the latest video, they were playing Smash Bros. Melee, and towards the end when they were fighting on the Onett stage, they started talking a bit about their own personal memories of Earthbound. In particular, James did some comparing of the game’s battle system to other SNES RPG’s at the time. It was pretty interesting to hear their brief thoughts on the ol’ SNES gem
And here’s that part in the video:
James/the AVGN has never really commented much on EarthBound before, aside from maybe this, so this was a neat surprise! I also hear that EarthBound is a regular request he gets for AVGN videos – and in a way I think it could fit really well if he played with the whole “this game stinks” and “talking piles of vomit” angle the game has 😛
In fact, when I read this I can totally hear the Nerd saying it:
And I also wanna get the Awesome Video Games guys to do an EarthBound Zero episode someday!
Other Related Posts:
14 Comments to James “AVGN” Rolfe Talks Earthbound
Featured Item on eBay:
Earthbound MOTHER 1 2 Poster
- Peanutcheesebars: Truly a really fun ability to play. I don’t think they’ve made an Earthbound connection quite like this since the...
- Atomikku123: I got super-jealous when he showed the “Cave of the Past/Dierdre” instrument so I used Garageband iOS to record the...
- KingOfSwords: Ness neither turns invisible nor creates electric fields. What is this.
- Chivi-chivik: The reference was VERY obvious, to be honest XD
- AwelCruiz: Luckily for you, I posted about it in MiiVerse: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cl v-IffXIAAE8-X.jpg:large Excuse the quality, it was taken...