MOTHER 1+2 Trans. Update (Jan. 16)
Adam sent me an e-mail over the weekend about EarthBound and GameStop stores:
I’ve been following the Earthbound Bash, and it was quite a story. What an inspiration!
Anyhow, today I was in a Gamestop in Houston, Texas when my wife pointed out that they were selling Earthbound VC downloads (in addition to other classic titles). I snapped a few pictures for you.
I’m not really sure this qualifies as news, but I haven’t seen it mentioned on Earthbound Central. Really I was just kind of nostalgic about seeing Earthbound in a physical store again.
So I guess you can pay for Virtual Console downloads from GameStop stores – I guess it would be a cool way to gift VC games to people or something, actually. Anyway, it looks like empty game boxes have been fitted with info about various Virtual Console games, and here’s what they got for EarthBound!
Seriously, I can’t believe that EarthBound ANYTHING is in a GameStop store I dunno about you, but this has been feeling way more like the Year of EarthBound than the Year of Luigi!
Also, mega collectors, this box info thing might your chance to add something new to your collection! It almost feels like the next generation of those EarthBound in-store display cards
Other Related Posts:
23 Comments to GameStop Has Some EarthBound Stuff
Featured Item on eBay:
Strategy Guide ~ Earthbound - Nintendo Player's Guide
- Chivi-chivik: @BoaTransistor THANK YOU. I’ll try to get one! *w*
- BusterTheFox: “The MOTHER2 cover alone will be JPY 2,592 (about USD $25.00 or EUR 18.83), while a combo of the cover and the planner will be...
- Pigmask Private: It’s sort of like a journal but for writing out what you’re going to do each day. It’s like a schedule keeper.
- Anonymous: Sorry for the stupid question, but what is a planner? I’m not a native English-speaker, and that’s the first time I...
- UbaNess: Would love to buy one of these!