The MOTHER 3 Cake Attacks!
Adam sent me an e-mail over the weekend about EarthBound and GameStop stores:
I’ve been following the Earthbound Bash, and it was quite a story. What an inspiration!
Anyhow, today I was in a Gamestop in Houston, Texas when my wife pointed out that they were selling Earthbound VC downloads (in addition to other classic titles). I snapped a few pictures for you.
I’m not really sure this qualifies as news, but I haven’t seen it mentioned on Earthbound Central. Really I was just kind of nostalgic about seeing Earthbound in a physical store again.
So I guess you can pay for Virtual Console downloads from GameStop stores – I guess it would be a cool way to gift VC games to people or something, actually. Anyway, it looks like empty game boxes have been fitted with info about various Virtual Console games, and here’s what they got for EarthBound!
Seriously, I can’t believe that EarthBound ANYTHING is in a GameStop store I dunno about you, but this has been feeling way more like the Year of EarthBound than the Year of Luigi!
Also, mega collectors, this box info thing might your chance to add something new to your collection! It almost feels like the next generation of those EarthBound in-store display cards
Other Related Posts:
23 Comments to GameStop Has Some EarthBound Stuff
Leave a reply
- 2Sang: My guess is Ness is revealed on Father’s Day because it’s Sakurai after all. If Lucas returns, he’ll be an unlockable...
- Oh Really?: “You’re making assumptions slanted by your pessimism surrounding the game, to a degree where you fallaciously metamorphosed what...
- Anonymous: You’re making assumptions slanted by your pessimism surrounding the game, to a degree where you fallaciously metamorphosed what I...
- Oh My: Yes, it made sense for them to take advantage of Google results by calling it Mother 4, thereby granting them more interest from the Mother...
- Anonymous: “You’ve basically admitted that the developers named it that specifically for advertising purposes.” – Oh my “I...