The Other Bar in MOTHER 2
Adam sent me an e-mail over the weekend about EarthBound and GameStop stores:
I’ve been following the Earthbound Bash, and it was quite a story. What an inspiration!
Anyhow, today I was in a Gamestop in Houston, Texas when my wife pointed out that they were selling Earthbound VC downloads (in addition to other classic titles). I snapped a few pictures for you.
I’m not really sure this qualifies as news, but I haven’t seen it mentioned on Earthbound Central. Really I was just kind of nostalgic about seeing Earthbound in a physical store again.
So I guess you can pay for Virtual Console downloads from GameStop stores – I guess it would be a cool way to gift VC games to people or something, actually. Anyway, it looks like empty game boxes have been fitted with info about various Virtual Console games, and here’s what they got for EarthBound!
Seriously, I can’t believe that EarthBound ANYTHING is in a GameStop store I dunno about you, but this has been feeling way more like the Year of EarthBound than the Year of Luigi!
Also, mega collectors, this box info thing might your chance to add something new to your collection! It almost feels like the next generation of those EarthBound in-store display cards
Other Related Posts:
23 Comments to GameStop Has Some EarthBound Stuff
- Dr.y, lol: I’m 16 too. But I’m probably not going either way, I would have to travell halfway through the globe. Have fun!
- Evil Mani Mani: http://earthbound64.blogspot.c o.uk
- Robert: I’ll be coming from Kentucky. I’ve never been on a plane before, but I’m willing to try.
- Dr.x: Even if they are not sold out yet. It will still be hard to get one.
- Dr.x: Speaking of which it seems I am not the only one who can’t go but I am a teenager but is there an age limit to this? Other than my age...