Camp Fangamer Day 2!
renstimpy1 sent this a little while back and it somehow wound up in my spam folder. I’m glad I found it, though!
Hey Mato! Today I was browsing the Cutting Room Floor and went to a article on Super Smash Bros Melee. When I got down to the “reflections” section of the article I saw that a old screenshot of Osohe Castle from EB64 Is being used as a reflection for several trophies in-game. It used to say ” It looks like a lake or beach”, I quickly updated it with the right info. Check it out: link (scroll down to the bottom of the section)
You know this brings back to mind the talk of EB64 being ported to the Gamecube. Does this support that rumor? Maybe.
Here’s the image in question:
As a fan who’s been following EarthBound 64 stuff since the beginning, I immediately recognize that image too. It was used in a lot of promo materials, the official Japanese site, and in some magazines:
So if this image really was in Smash Bros. Melee, some playful programmer or designer must’ve put it there! It wouldn’t be surprising, since we’ve also seen a hidden rice ball in Onett and a hidden Mr. Saturn sprite in Smash Bros. Brawl!
Other Related Posts:
8 Comments to EarthBound 64 Texture in Smash Bros. Melee
- Fred bounder: You missed the pk album from fangamer!!
- KingOfSwords: For those who don’t know, the Lasagna Cat video is a reference to “Colin’s Bear Animation”:...
- neonix: Dang, somehow I didn’t catch wind of that ruler auction. I would have been in the bidding for it. Oh well, guess I’ll keep...
- Leeaux: And I just posted wondering where you went! Great stuff.
- Leeaux: Mato! We miss you! Come back to us!