M2 vs. EarthBound: Monkey Caves
December 31st, 2013 | EarthBound
2013 is finally coming to a close, and when I look back I’m amazed at some of the EarthBound-related things that happened this year. Obviously, the big one is that MOTHER 2 and EarthBound were released on the Wii U Virtual Consoles, but other things, like the Shigesato Itoi developer diary, the For James charity auction event, the surprise release of new MOTHER 2 merchandise, Nintendo’s new EarthBound advertising, and more helped make this an especially EarthBound-y year!
It makes me wonder what 2014 has in store… Do you think we’ll see MOTHER 1 and/or MOTHER 3 in any way? Any new merchandise? Stuff we can’t even imagine yet? Let’s try to predict the future!
Other Related Posts:
30 Comments to EarthBound, 2013, and 2014
- DarklingDragon: Time sure does fly. I spent some time this week playing Earthbound on the virtual console.
- MysterySprite22: These are really cool. I wish I could have these. I don’t have any EB merchandise. I just drew pictures. That’s it.
- Mallowack: he’s right you know. the game’s a slog to start, it was designed to be simple (drawn by a child), it throws the creepy at...
- N7Kopper: @WVdUde Movements and treaties for a videogame series release worldwide? Sorry if I’m raining on people’s parades here, but I...
- Chivi-chivik: I need to make celebration pics for MOTHER and MOTHER 2′s anniversaries ASAP. I don’t need to bother about EarthBound tho...