EarthBound From Other Things
December 31st, 2013 | EarthBound
2013 is finally coming to a close, and when I look back I’m amazed at some of the EarthBound-related things that happened this year. Obviously, the big one is that MOTHER 2 and EarthBound were released on the Wii U Virtual Consoles, but other things, like the Shigesato Itoi developer diary, the For James charity auction event, the surprise release of new MOTHER 2 merchandise, Nintendo’s new EarthBound advertising, and more helped make this an especially EarthBound-y year!
It makes me wonder what 2014 has in store… Do you think we’ll see MOTHER 1 and/or MOTHER 3 in any way? Any new merchandise? Stuff we can’t even imagine yet? Let’s try to predict the future!
Other Related Posts:
30 Comments to EarthBound, 2013, and 2014
- Ness1985: Chances are if Nintendo is actually doing it with their translation, it’ll be neutered, butchered & heavily censored.
- Esper: I’m impressed with how patiently and kindly Mato just said “STOP MESSAGING ME ABOUT MOTHER 3 RUMORS” Anyway, just keep...
- Ryan: This is exactly what someone secretly working for Nintendo would say! Mother 3 in English confirmed.
- Anonymous: I don’t mean to be too much of a conspiracist, but I think it’s perfectly possible that Mato has been contacted by Nintendo....
- Covarr: Aww, when you hadn’t responded to the rumors before, I’d kinda been hoping there was an NDA involved. I guess this means...