EarthBound Fans Thank Shigesato Itoi Back
December 16th, 2013 | MOTHER 3
More than anything, I find it fascinating to hear how deeply video games can change, inspire, and move people – EarthBound, for example, has pushed many people onto certain career paths, brought people together who’ve gotten married and started families, inspired people to create inspirational works of their own, and so on.
A few months back, a reader by the name of Travis wrote up an article about how EarthBound had connected to him in a spiritual way. I hadn’t heard about games connecting to people in that way before, so it was an interesting read, and now he’s written one on about MOTHER 3:
As strange as it may sound this was a key moment in my life where my love for Earthbound and my relationship with God intersected in a way that continues to shape my faith today. Please read my article “Longing for More” on my Heavenbound site to get the full story of the summary I just described. Feel free to contact me through my site and share with me how this game has intersected with important areas of your life.
Religion is always a really touchy topic to bring up in anything online – discussions usually quickly devolve into bickering and arguing and insulting. Personally, I just find it amazing that games can hold such a deep meaning to people; I used to think that video games were just fun things to pass the time, but at some point they became much more than that!
Other Related Posts:
12 Comments to Connecting Faith and MOTHER 3
- KingOfSwords: The Memories civer looks beautiful ;.;
- BoaTransistor: I got the Memories cover this year. In my factual opinion, it is the best-looking EarthBound cover they’ve released yet.
- Globulous: I picked up the Memories cover and planner while I was in Japan, it should be interesting to note that the pocket on the back of the...
- RalahTama: This thread is bad, I’m making it about Talah Rama now. My favorite thing about Talah Rama is his wise, knowing eyes. What’s...
- Anonymous: @adex SJW much?