December 24th, 2013 | Images, Merchandise

Yesterday I received an e-mail from a Japanese reader – which, looking back, is the first all-Japanese e-mail I’ve gotten at this site!

Anyway, the e-mail’s from a fan named Koala – here’s a simple translation:

You mentioned that it’s okay to e-mail you in Japanese, so I hope you don’t mind that I do.

Hello, I’m Koala, a MOTHER (EarthBound) merchandise collector in Japan. I started a blog in June 2013 that shows off parts of my collection.

In Japan there’s been a big drop in the number of really passionate MOTHER fans these past few years, compared to the many fans at Starman.net and EarthBound Central. As a MOTHER fan in Japan I’m very saddened by this.

I visit Starman.net and EarthBound Central all the time. I’m not very good at English, so I have to use translation programs.

I don’t know if you can see it from America or not, but here’s my blog’s URL.

Visit Koala’s MOTHER collection blog!

I’m also sending a photo of the many things in my collection. My collection is still growing and growing, even now.

I’d love it if we could have more Japan-America interaction like this sometime. Bye for now.

And here’s the photo that Koala sent:

DSC_1844

Wow, that’s an amazing collection! Koala has some things I never even knew existed! Stop drooling, everyone!

Thanks for the e-mail and the photo, Koala! I’m glad to hear there are super-passionate fans in Japan too!

20 Comments to A Japanese Fan’s Mega MOTHER Collection!

Poe said on Dec. 24, 2013

aahhhh holy crap the JACKET!

Slab Lab said on Dec. 24, 2013

Oh my god I want…

Slab Lab said on Dec. 24, 2013

Oh my god that is the best thing ever….

Pengo said on Dec. 24, 2013

I only drooled a little, I kept it in my mouth though…also, man is that amazing, I see Mr.Saturn, Some manga books, a gift box (Wonder whats inside…), those jackets of course, Belch, and some figures…that is a amazing collection!

The Man With No Name said on Dec. 24, 2013

he has the jacket…. HE HAS THE JACKET!!!

Onion said on Dec. 24, 2013

Awesome collection. He’s got a a few items in there that I’m still looking for.

Thanks for sharing your pictures, Koala!

nonymus said on Dec. 24, 2013

the jacket pretty much takes the cake

edgethelucas said on Dec. 24, 2013

I thought the Mother fans in Japan were already as passionate as we are. If they’re dropping, I wonder why that is?

Either way, it’s great you spoke with us Westerners, Koala! I hope you can read these comments that show you how jealous we are, heh.

JB2448 said on Dec. 24, 2013

Man, that’s such an awesome collection! I didn’t even know that Mother 2 Polo existed, and now I want it. :( I wonder how many years Koala’s been collecting?

Mac said on Dec. 24, 2013

Nice!! His boxed copy of earthbound looks minty! Well it looks to be in mint condition. Great collection, I never even heard of them polo shirts could someone fill me in?

Ness said on Dec. 24, 2013

Why don’t Japanese gamers love mother 2 like American gamers love earthbound?

Buck Fever said on Dec. 25, 2013

This is incredible to see! Lots of incredibly rare merch and I had no idea there was a MOTHER3 eraser to go with the MOTHER1+2 one!

Also hey Onion it’s been a while!

Ring064 said on Dec. 25, 2013

oh my gosh… this is amazing. this collection is just amazing.

sigh, I have absolutely nothing…worst collector in the world

Aspirety said on Dec. 25, 2013

What a neat little post we have here! It’s very rare that I get to hear about the MOTHER fans from Japan, I had no idea that some would even bother to visit starmen.net and Earthbound Central. I agree with Koala, there really needs to be more communication between the western and eastern MOTHER fans. By our powers combined, we’d be unstoppable! ;)

Koala said on Dec. 26, 2013

I am a koala.
I’m really happy I have the article in my collection.
I let me look at all the comments.
Thank you.
My collection is the official all goods.
Gift box that is reflected in this photograph is a very valuable goods that hits in the lottery is intended for persons who answered the questionnaire in 2006.
Stuffed Mr. Saturn has entered in,.
I’m looking forward that it is possible to have more and more exchanges this opportunity.
I’m sorry in poor English.
Goodbye:)

neonix said on Dec. 26, 2013

Whoa. Maybe I was just clueless, but I had no idea the erasers came in different colors. Mine is white. This guy’s M1+2 is yellow and M3 is pink: http://ameblo.jp/mother-collection/entry-11730538601.html :O

neonix said on Dec. 26, 2013

And he has that Mother 2 phone card that I got off YJA, and some other phone card which mentions MOTHER 2, but has an illustration of some other game… o_O

Found a closeup of it on his blog: http://ameblo.jp/mother-collection/image-11556893928-12577002761.html

Earthbounder said on Dec. 26, 2013

Does anyone know when he started to collect?

SuperMage said on Dec. 27, 2013

Jackpot!

Mudkip3DS said on Jan. 17, 2014

Hot damn, he even has that awesome dragon Mother 2 jacket as well. That’s some amazing shit right there.

(I’m kind of amused that his room is in the stereotypical Japanese style, though. Pretty cool.)

Find Merchandise!