November 25th, 2013 | Itoi, Videos

The other day I posted this Fangamer video about a charity auction for the upcoming EarthBound Bash:

Anyway, yesterday Chewy and I sat down and translated/subtitled it into Japanese to share with Itoi and the folks at his office. And almost immediately after Itoi saw it, he made a Tweet about it and shared it with everyone he could!

This roughly translates to:

I got an e-mail from @lindsayn. She said she added Japanese text to that one video.

http://t.co/rQxcHAWniB This makes me feel… How do I put this… Truly glad to have created this MOTHER (EarthBound) series of games.

Hopefully Itoi will be able to tune in and catch some of the event as it happens, even if he doesn’t understand a word any of us will be saying :P

It sounds like this big auction will take place at the end of the last day of the event. For more details on all the guests and stuff that’s going to be show up during the EarthBound Bash, see the official site here.

There’s still more stuff to reveal and announce this week too, so if you’re an EarthBound fan, this is gonna be a crazy week!

9 Comments to Shigesato Itoi Comments on Creating MOTHER/EarthBound

NinjaCheese said on Nov. 25, 2013

This makes me feel really happy for some reason.

Ness1985 said on Nov. 25, 2013

I can’t stop smiling…just……so cool :D

LuigiBlood said on Nov. 25, 2013

It’s really funny how I read “Starman Club” on the letter, gotta remember that day Itoi was kinda saying it wrong though it somehow went… like I felt it actually is a better name (lol).
Still, that’s really neat. You cannot not smile on this.
It’s really cool for how far fans can go to help people, makes me feel quite happy.

No Name Mouse said on Nov. 25, 2013

I hope this means Mother 1 and 3 out of Japan, or better yet, Mother 4.

JeffShotFirst said on Nov. 26, 2013

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
so AWESOMEEEEE!!!!!!!!
*PANT*
*PANT*
*PANT*
Ok. Calm down.
I’m better now.

davidtheliar said on Nov. 26, 2013

Touching. Sad. Beautiful in a quirky earthbound way. Will there be a way to donate w/o bidding on the cart? I’d love to help.

reidman said on Nov. 27, 2013

david – yup! We’ll have a donation widget posted throughout the event (for donations to Speak Your Silence), and on Sunday evening we’ll switch it over so that all donations before, during, and after the finale go to James.

UbaNess said on Nov. 27, 2013

Freaking beautiful :`)

Moonside said on Nov. 29, 2013

I will say this right now:
This is the most amazing community on the internet. Not because of this charity, but because of everything the community does. It make me proud to be a part of this. Its amazing how much one game can unite so many people together for the good of all people. Not many game creators would sign a game for a charity for someone like James… but that shows us how compassionate our community is.

Things like this much compassion make me so happy. ^_^