Pollyanna, Onett Style!
The other day I posted this Fangamer video about a charity auction for the upcoming EarthBound Bash:
Anyway, yesterday Chewy and I sat down and translated/subtitled it into Japanese to share with Itoi and the folks at his office. And almost immediately after Itoi saw it, he made a Tweet about it and shared it with everyone he could!
This roughly translates to:
I got an e-mail from @lindsayn. She said she added Japanese text to that one video.
http://t.co/rQxcHAWniB This makes me feel… How do I put this… Truly glad to have created this MOTHER (EarthBound) series of games.
Hopefully Itoi will be able to tune in and catch some of the event as it happens, even if he doesn’t understand a word any of us will be saying 😛
It sounds like this big auction will take place at the end of the last day of the event. For more details on all the guests and stuff that’s going to be show up during the EarthBound Bash, see the official site here.
There’s still more stuff to reveal and announce this week too, so if you’re an EarthBound fan, this is gonna be a crazy week!
Other Related Posts:
9 Comments to Shigesato Itoi Comments on Creating MOTHER/EarthBound
Featured Item on eBay:
Earthbound SNES Complete CIB Super Nintendo Game Big Box Guide Earth bound Rare
- Sat: Fangamer in Japan! Lucky them. What’s going on behind the scenes? They’re coming back with the EarthBound 64 prototype,...
- EdgeTheLucas: @DJMankiewicz I can confirm that Undertale really does feel like another Mother game, or at least it proudly uses the same spirit the...
- Star and Moon: It’s not that big of a deal that Itoi isn’t making Mother 4, because the Mother 4 fangame is almost finished.
- Bionicfemme: I was so surprised when he said that Pokey was his favorite character! I’ve tried really hard to see more about what makes Pokey...
- DJMankiewicz: I suspect we don’t know what sorts of e-mails he’s been getting from the west. We’re all pretty well behaved here,...