November 14th, 2013 | EarthBound, Videos

A fan named Hunter sent this my way recently:

A fellow EB fan I know from college made this video showcasing the Earthbound guardians in animated 3D. It’s a bit rough in some areas, but I think the interpretations are spot-on.

(Note: if typos make you upset, maybe don’t watch this :P )

Wow, that’s actually really cool! I’ve often wondered what a modern EarthBound remake, if one was ever made, might look like. I think something along the lines of Animal Crossing-style graphics for walking around town and then something like the video above for the battles might be kind of neat. Although I doubt a remake would ever have as much charm as the original version, of course. But it’s fun to imagine!

6 Comments to See the Sanctuary Guardians in 3D!

Chivi-chivik said on Nov. 14, 2013

Sure they need a bit more polish, but they’re very well made.

What? A remake wouldn’t keep the same charm? We’ll see… *fades into obscurity*

Chivi-chivik said on Nov. 14, 2013

For a remake I thought of something like Super Mario Galaxy. Just imagining it makes me happy!

nonymus said on Nov. 14, 2013

I would’ve preferred that some kept their original dynamic poses, but it’s definitely a very nice start.

misterdigi35 said on Nov. 14, 2013

It would be a shame if a remake was made and they focused on trying to capture the charm of the original, rather than making a great remake. I’ve been hoping,wishing, for Nintendo to want to do something like that.

Dr. Hunter Ando said on Nov. 14, 2013

Hey Tomato, thanks for posting this so quickly! I told the creator he should consider posting his EB stuff here or on Starmen, so hopefully we’ll see more from him soon!

Jeff's Donuts said on Nov. 16, 2013

I could see this being used in a remake, though perhaps with a bit more motion? I’m worried modern gamers would get bored with the dragon quest-type battles.
What’s the music used in the video? It sounds pretty awesome.

• Isaiah Vinson: I already finished Mother 2 then, Mother 3 and finally Mother 1. And now all I have to do is to wait till Mother 4 released. I...
  • Nick97: But will it keep all the funny alt text on the images?! I’m really excited for this, especially if you also get done a Mother 3 book....
  • Blue-streaker: What about the mother 3 legends of localization? Is it getting a book too?
  • itoi: In some case of coincidence I heard rumours MOTHER 4 will be on Nintendo eShop(3DS or Wii u)?
  • UbaNess: Congratulations on the Kickstarter success! Proud to be a backer and can’t wait for the goodies :D