The Ultimate EarthBound Wall
A fan named Hunter sent this my way recently:
A fellow EB fan I know from college made this video showcasing the Earthbound guardians in animated 3D. It’s a bit rough in some areas, but I think the interpretations are spot-on.
(Note: if typos make you upset, maybe don’t watch this 😛 )
Wow, that’s actually really cool! I’ve often wondered what a modern EarthBound remake, if one was ever made, might look like. I think something along the lines of Animal Crossing-style graphics for walking around town and then something like the video above for the battles might be kind of neat. Although I doubt a remake would ever have as much charm as the original version, of course. But it’s fun to imagine!
Other Related Posts:
6 Comments to See the Sanctuary Guardians in 3D!
- Mother2fan: I can’t even fathom why they would make such a minute change to that battle background.
- DJMankiewicz: Very interesting. I had suspected that Earthbound’s “dulled” battle effects were done in emulator rather than as a...
- Chivi-chivik: I think that the lightning change in the ‘PK Flash get’ animation was put so you can see better how the lightning strikes...
- joe411: Perhaps some changes were made since the Wii U’s GBA emukator adds a darker color filter?
- Mato: DIO: We checked those too, Mother 2 has so many versions that I dunno what to call the Wii U version, but it and the New 3DS ones are the...