A Gigantic Mr. Saturn Butt
Last week or so I posted about French EarthBound fans banding together to get a big French video game site to cover the MOTHER series. After posting it, I received another e-mail from a French-speaking fan named Iwant.
Rather than try to summarize it myself, it’s probably just easier to paste it here to keep the full details intact:
I’m Iwant, the guy who once mailed you about samples in MOTHER2’s soundtrack, and also the one who wrote the MOTHER article for Hardcore Gaming 101.
I recently noticed french-speaking MOTHER fans had mailed you about the article covering the series that was published not long ago on the JeuxVideo.com website.
Unsurprisingly, a lot of people thought this article was kind of poor and undocumented – which it indeed is, unfortunately. I’m french-speaking too, and was actually curious to see what was going to get out of that article, so I can relate to their disappointment.
I’m pretty sure it’s not even the writer’s fault, though – JeuxVideo.com is a pretty big, corporate site that probably forces very limiting standards on most of what’s getting published. Yet, it doesn’t change the fact that a lot of readers thought the article didn’t do the MOTHER series justice.
That’s where I come in and say “hey guys”! The reason is: I’ve written a pretty lenghty and thorough article on the MOTHER series in french. Actually, it was even released before the english-speaking Hardcore Gaming 101 version, since I am french-speaking to begin with!
So… I know it might come off as asking for advertising, but I think my article could be of interest to fench-speaking MOTHER fans. So, I thought I might as well contact you about it. Here is the link: LINK
Here you go. If you have any question, do not hesitate to ask.
Thanks! Keep up the good work on EarthBound Central!
I don’t speak French, but Iwant’s article definitely looks like a treasure trove of information compared to the other one. So if you speak French and you’re a MOTHER series fan, be sure to share this article too!
(Also, neat foreground/background effect on that page, Iwant!)
Other Related Posts:
5 Comments to An In-depth French MOTHER Series Article
- Toby: I doubt you could get to Jr./Son of Starman, as you would need to have everything memorized to come even close. Besides you also have that...
- something fuzzy: Definitely would’ve been interesting to see a 3D rendition of a Flying Man, but in the end it probably was a wise choice to...
- Supergamerk: I like how they put Earthbound, an RPG with a VERY slow beginning on a time limit. I’d be surprised if you could get to Starman...
- Ostricho: Jess is right, there was a portion with a Ness FP fighter. I remember seeing it, and rewinding to pause it at that screen. EarthBound...
- Boodledump: This is awesome!