MOTHER 3’s Sunflower Fields in 3D
Last week or so I posted about French EarthBound fans banding together to get a big French video game site to cover the MOTHER series. After posting it, I received another e-mail from a French-speaking fan named Iwant.
Rather than try to summarize it myself, it’s probably just easier to paste it here to keep the full details intact:
I’m Iwant, the guy who once mailed you about samples in MOTHER2’s soundtrack, and also the one who wrote the MOTHER article for Hardcore Gaming 101.
I recently noticed french-speaking MOTHER fans had mailed you about the article covering the series that was published not long ago on the JeuxVideo.com website.
Unsurprisingly, a lot of people thought this article was kind of poor and undocumented – which it indeed is, unfortunately. I’m french-speaking too, and was actually curious to see what was going to get out of that article, so I can relate to their disappointment.
I’m pretty sure it’s not even the writer’s fault, though – JeuxVideo.com is a pretty big, corporate site that probably forces very limiting standards on most of what’s getting published. Yet, it doesn’t change the fact that a lot of readers thought the article didn’t do the MOTHER series justice.
That’s where I come in and say “hey guys”! The reason is: I’ve written a pretty lenghty and thorough article on the MOTHER series in french. Actually, it was even released before the english-speaking Hardcore Gaming 101 version, since I am french-speaking to begin with!
So… I know it might come off as asking for advertising, but I think my article could be of interest to fench-speaking MOTHER fans. So, I thought I might as well contact you about it. Here is the link: LINK
Here you go. If you have any question, do not hesitate to ask.
Thanks! Keep up the good work on EarthBound Central!
I don’t speak French, but Iwant’s article definitely looks like a treasure trove of information compared to the other one. So if you speak French and you’re a MOTHER series fan, be sure to share this article too!
(Also, neat foreground/background effect on that page, Iwant!)
Other Related Posts:
5 Comments to An In-depth French MOTHER Series Article
- Mother2fan: I can’t even fathom why they would make such a minute change to that battle background.
- DJMankiewicz: Very interesting. I had suspected that Earthbound’s “dulled” battle effects were done in emulator rather than as a...
- Chivi-chivik: I think that the lightning change in the ‘PK Flash get’ animation was put so you can see better how the lightning strikes...
- joe411: Perhaps some changes were made since the Wii U’s GBA emukator adds a darker color filter?
- Mato: DIO: We checked those too, Mother 2 has so many versions that I dunno what to call the Wii U version, but it and the New 3DS ones are the...