Shigesato Itoi, Giygas, and Boobies
Last week or so I posted about French EarthBound fans banding together to get a big French video game site to cover the MOTHER series. After posting it, I received another e-mail from a French-speaking fan named Iwant.
Rather than try to summarize it myself, it’s probably just easier to paste it here to keep the full details intact:
I’m Iwant, the guy who once mailed you about samples in MOTHER2’s soundtrack, and also the one who wrote the MOTHER article for Hardcore Gaming 101.
I recently noticed french-speaking MOTHER fans had mailed you about the article covering the series that was published not long ago on the JeuxVideo.com website.
Unsurprisingly, a lot of people thought this article was kind of poor and undocumented – which it indeed is, unfortunately. I’m french-speaking too, and was actually curious to see what was going to get out of that article, so I can relate to their disappointment.
I’m pretty sure it’s not even the writer’s fault, though – JeuxVideo.com is a pretty big, corporate site that probably forces very limiting standards on most of what’s getting published. Yet, it doesn’t change the fact that a lot of readers thought the article didn’t do the MOTHER series justice.
That’s where I come in and say “hey guys”! The reason is: I’ve written a pretty lenghty and thorough article on the MOTHER series in french. Actually, it was even released before the english-speaking Hardcore Gaming 101 version, since I am french-speaking to begin with!
So… I know it might come off as asking for advertising, but I think my article could be of interest to fench-speaking MOTHER fans. So, I thought I might as well contact you about it. Here is the link: LINK
Here you go. If you have any question, do not hesitate to ask.
Thanks! Keep up the good work on EarthBound Central!
I don’t speak French, but Iwant’s article definitely looks like a treasure trove of information compared to the other one. So if you speak French and you’re a MOTHER series fan, be sure to share this article too!
(Also, neat foreground/background effect on that page, Iwant!)
Other Related Posts:
5 Comments to An In-depth French MOTHER Series Article
- Peanutcheesebars: Truly a really fun ability to play. I don’t think they’ve made an Earthbound connection quite like this since the...
- Atomikku123: I got super-jealous when he showed the “Cave of the Past/Dierdre” instrument so I used Garageband iOS to record the...
- KingOfSwords: Ness neither turns invisible nor creates electric fields. What is this.
- Chivi-chivik: The reference was VERY obvious, to be honest XD
- AwelCruiz: Luckily for you, I posted about it in MiiVerse: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cl v-IffXIAAE8-X.jpg:large Excuse the quality, it was taken...