MOTHER 1+2 Selection Screen
A few months back gbev sent me an e-mail about a musical connection in MOTHER 3:
Mother 3 clearly has a lot of recurring themes and similarities in its soundtrack, but I think I just picked up on a new one! Or at least, a new one to me. I did have to change the tempo a bit, but they were already in the same key.
Check it out:
For reference, the audio file above is the Porky Bot song and the Mr. Batty song layered on top of each other.
When I first played MOTHER 3 and got to the Porky Bot fight I really enjoyed the music. And although it sounded familiar, I couldn’t place where else I’d heard it before. A while later I realized it was from the Mr. Batty theme, a song you hear mostly only at the very beginning of the game.
I’m sure a lot of fans have already figured this out by now, but in case you haven’t, now you know!
Other Related Posts:
20 Comments to The Porky Bot and Mr. Batty Connection
- Ostricho: Bwahaha! The Flying Man is easy to deal with, I believe.
- Corey: @EBisumaru Magicant is the best stage in Smash 3DS.
- anon: I hope they add a 3D flying man to the game somehow, even as a trophy. It’s really cool to see Earthbound characters that were only...
- Mato: (After removing a number of comments) Okay, this is turning into a silly argument that’s unrelated to the topic at hand, so I’ll...
- JRokujuushi: Did three people seriously criticize his use of “it’s” when it was used correctly? If we substitute the words in...