MOTHER 3, Calculator Edition
A few months back gbev sent me an e-mail about a musical connection in MOTHER 3:
Mother 3 clearly has a lot of recurring themes and similarities in its soundtrack, but I think I just picked up on a new one! Or at least, a new one to me. I did have to change the tempo a bit, but they were already in the same key.
Check it out:
For reference, the audio file above is the Porky Bot song and the Mr. Batty song layered on top of each other.
When I first played MOTHER 3 and got to the Porky Bot fight I really enjoyed the music. And although it sounded familiar, I couldn’t place where else I’d heard it before. A while later I realized it was from the Mr. Batty theme, a song you hear mostly only at the very beginning of the game.
I’m sure a lot of fans have already figured this out by now, but in case you haven’t, now you know!
Other Related Posts:
18 Comments to The Porky Bot and Mr. Batty Connection
Leave a reply
- Ring064: I still haven’t found the time to watch the majority of the last day of the bash it sounds pretty busy and awesome just like each...
- Elobo: Esther, you certainly lit the audience on fire. Gobsmacking . You’ve really done something wonderful. Hat’s off, major kudos....
- Bionic: Thanks Mato! I was just thinking– did anyone screencap the starman crabwalking? Hahaha! Best part of the bash
- Mato: Bionic: Wow, I had no idea about any of that. That’s really scary and I hope he gets better. I won’t lie, there were a few times...
- PKHomerun: Did we ever find out the history of the Porkey/Pokey name choice?