Itoi, Iwata, and Old MOTHER 3
Lollta sent an e-mail about the trumpet player in Onett:
I’ve listening to old Japanese music name “Ieji” many time.
Yesterday I’ve just realized that it sound like the music that Onett trumpet player play especially on 0.20-0.27 of the above clip.
I don’t sure that other people will think the same thing or not.
Yep, it’s the same music! Both the Ieji song and the Onett trumpet song are from Dvorak’s Symphony No. 9, Movement 2:
I seem to recall hearing this in another game a while back, but I can’t remember where. I guess it’s something that Japanese creators/artists/musicians in general like to reference from time to time!
Other Related Posts:
4 Comments to The Onett Trumpet Player
Leave a reply
- Raiden: @FireFlyMelody Well I’m gonna say this has gone way off subject. It was about Eagleland but it turned into Mother 4. An argument...
- Esper: Mother 2 actually popped into my head first. Pokey, Giygas, Starmen, and all the sanctuary bosses are so memorable.
- Esper: @doclight Because it’s being made with RPG Maker 2003, a program the creator is very skilled in. RM2k3 does support mp3s, but midis...
- FireflyMelody: Agreed. Although Slimy Little Piles could possibly qualify… Ore the Plague Rat of Doom… Still fits best with M3.
- BusterTheFox: Am I the only one who immediately thought he was talking about Mother 3? I didn’t even think about the other ones until Mato...