EarthBound Gettin’ Pricey
Lollta sent an e-mail about the trumpet player in Onett:
I’ve listening to old Japanese music name “Ieji” many time.
Yesterday I’ve just realized that it sound like the music that Onett trumpet player play especially on 0.20-0.27 of the above clip.
I don’t sure that other people will think the same thing or not.
Yep, it’s the same music! Both the Ieji song and the Onett trumpet song are from Dvorak’s Symphony No. 9, Movement 2:
I seem to recall hearing this in another game a while back, but I can’t remember where. I guess it’s something that Japanese creators/artists/musicians in general like to reference from time to time!
Other Related Posts:
4 Comments to The Onett Trumpet Player
- UbaNess: Similar sentiment that I have been seeing on here, I already bought Earthbound (of course, I am here commenting) but also many others that...
- Raiden: This looks pretty cool. I do have the rom file for the nes emulator but if the random encounters are anything like the original final...
- Vern: I’m actually quite excited by this, much more than any other fan hacks or projects lately – for any games. It’s like being...
- ThatDetectiveFellow: Club Nintendo in America is significantly better than in Europe, Europe’s one (at least that for the UK) is scarcely...
- Peel Z Union: Eartbound Zero better come on virtual console before this comes out or i’ll be forced to get this.