EarthBound Misspellings & Mistakes
Lollta sent an e-mail about the trumpet player in Onett:
I’ve listening to old Japanese music name “Ieji” many time.
Yesterday I’ve just realized that it sound like the music that Onett trumpet player play especially on 0.20-0.27 of the above clip.
I don’t sure that other people will think the same thing or not.
Yep, it’s the same music! Both the Ieji song and the Onett trumpet song are from Dvorak’s Symphony No. 9, Movement 2:
I seem to recall hearing this in another game a while back, but I can’t remember where. I guess it’s something that Japanese creators/artists/musicians in general like to reference from time to time!
Other Related Posts:
4 Comments to The Onett Trumpet Player
- anon: I hope they add a 3D flying man to the game somehow, even as a trophy. It’s really cool to see Earthbound characters that were only...
- Mato: (After removing a number of comments) Okay, this is turning into a silly argument that’s unrelated to the topic at hand, so I’ll...
- JRokujuushi: Did three people seriously criticize his use of “it’s” when it was used correctly? If we substitute the words in...
- wvlfpvp: NekoKnight: It’s a username. Spelling is how you freaking want it to be. I replaced vowels with the consonant “v”...
- Anonymous: ^the final translation patch sounds fine, though. You always go on and on about how awkward it sounds, but it’s really not as bad...