Super Rare!! EarthBound Smash Starman T-shirt THE KING OF GAMES Nintendo itoi JP

October 30th, 2013 | Audio Stuff, MOTHER 3, Videos

I somehow stumbled upon this bizarre Japanese video with the NK Cyborg boss battle music and couldn’t NOT share it:

I have no idea what’s going on. And that’s why I like it!

(Although if anyone CAN explain, please enlighten me!)

22 Comments to Something Killer Cyborg Video

SoreThumb said on Oct. 30, 2013

I can’t get enough of these things, and this one is pretty spectacular for a spectacularly badass song.

So, you did very well to share!! πŸ˜€ <3

Hannah said on Oct. 30, 2013

The clips are from “My Beautiful Life”, an interview of Masami Hisamoto (a Japanese celebrity) where she promotes the Soka Gakkai Buddhist movement. This group is apparently unpopular in Japan, so remixing the video has become a meme known as “Hissu Amoto San”.

That… doesn’t really make it less weird, but at least there’s a reason!

The Man With No Name said on Oct. 30, 2013

The guy banging the desk is the best thing I’ve ever seen

JPLC said on Oct. 30, 2013

Love it. =)

Anyone have any idea what the “γƒžγƒγƒ£γƒ©γƒ«” (“Machararu?”) part means in the title? I get that “キラー・ァむヴォォォグ” is supposed to be “Killer Cyborg”. My best guess would be maybe it’s the username of the original creator? Or maybe just intentional gibberish?

BB Gang Zombie said on Oct. 30, 2013

^ It’s a misspelling of “Natural”, probably incorporating the name of the person they’re using clips of to mash-up the song. (think replacing the γƒžγ€€with a γƒŠ)

Pengo said on Oct. 30, 2013

This is hillarious and epic at the same time!

JPLC said on Oct. 30, 2013

Ah, thanks BB Gang Zombie, that makes sense. =)

KingOfSwords said on Oct. 30, 2013

Do I understand? No.

Do I like? Yes.

Mac said on Oct. 30, 2013

Wtf is this poop?!?!?

Esper said on Oct. 31, 2013

Ah. This is the japanese fad known as a MAD video. They like youtube poop but they usually involve music.

3DKirby said on Oct. 31, 2013

No,”γƒžγƒγƒ£γƒ©γƒ«”is not misspelled.The woman in the video called δΉ…ζœ¬ι›…ηΎŽ(ひさもと まさみ)Or you can call her Machimi Hichimoto or whatever…(My Japanese is bad…)γƒžγƒγƒ£γƒ©γƒ« is just a fusion of Natural and her name.
And this video is just a small part of Japanese crazy MAD =D There’re more on Niconico.

G.Wicks said on Oct. 31, 2013

Oh man. This is so wonderful. I’m tickled and confused. Was this created by the same person who introduced the world to “Ronald McGiygas”?

zedrein said on Oct. 31, 2013

The Japanese have cold, vacant eyes that scare me.

JPLC said on Oct. 31, 2013

Well, BB Gang Zombie basically said the same thing, but thanks 3DKirby for giving us the name. And it seems to be MaSAmi HiSAmoto, so it’s only the “ma” that’s fusing with “natural”. “Sa” (さ) and “chi” (け) look damn similar in hiragana. =p

Sunnymoon said on Nov. 1, 2013

The awnser? JAPAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!!! O_o

BusterTheFox said on Nov. 1, 2013

@JPLC I can’t tell you how much trouble those two give me. But now I think I can at least remember it’s gotta be one of the two from now on… Or maybe not. Darn.

Fun video. I think that, sometimes, the Japanese make things that are aimed at freaking out Americans. Just to see what they’ll do. Er, what we’ll do. And rather, not just Americans. But probably Americans. ‘MERICA!

joe411 said on Nov. 3, 2013

This is exactly like ytpmv (youtube poop music video).

Ness and Sonic said on Nov. 9, 2013

Seeing different versions of these songs makes me wonder what Earthbound would have been like if it was on Sega Genesis. I know the controls would be simpler, but I’m curious about how the soundtrack would have been. Yes, you could get pretty close, but the sound of the two systems are slightly different. It really is something to that can make people think.

Nessguy26 said on Nov. 22, 2013

This is awesome but WTF did I just watch!

bfop said on Dec. 31, 2013

This is called YTPMV, or MAD by some people (usually the Japanese/nico-style ones are MAD, and the YouTube ones are YTPMV) and it involves taking long notes from voice clips, and changing the pitch so they match a song. I’ve been making them for a while.

nessnintenlucasunite said on Jan. 3, 2014

its a ytpmv…

Vince94 said on Apr. 12, 2014

Aw dang, it got taken down.

Find Merchandise!