Weekly Round-Up #37
A couple days ago, EarthBound-hacking expert H.S made a post on Starmen.Net about a graphical glitch I never noticed before – apparently the high-level PSI Thunder animations have a little goof!
For reference, here’s a screenshot of it being used:
It seems fine, but H.S points out:
Well, in one of the frames of the Thunder Gamma/Omega animation, a rectangle erroneously appears at the bottom of the screen. It’s partially blocked by the character boxes, so it can be harder to see when you have more characters in your party. You most likely won’t get to use this PSI until you have 4 characters, so that might be why most players don’t notice it. Also, because Thunder just isn’t used much.
So here’s a picture with just one party member using PSI Thunder:
Yep, there’s definitely a weird rectangle there!
I guess I just never noticed it before because I thought it was meant to be there. Now I’m never gonna unsee it 😯
Actually, that reminds me of way back around the time the game had been released, I got some of the earlier PSI Thunder animations to look really glitchy. It was on an actual cartridge, before SNES emulators were really even around. I wish I knew what was up with it, I got it to happen a few times during that playthrough but have never seen it since…
Other Related Posts:
9 Comments to PSI Thunder Animation Glitch
- Jeff Shot First: My copy arrived today! It is… amazing. I haven’t put it down yet. I don’t really know what else to say. I think...
- TanukiDan: I can’t wait to get it! Would you mind if I talked about it on my lame youtube once I get it?
- Lochy: This looks awesome. Hopefully I can buy it as an after christmas present for myself. What an absolute treat!
- Jeff Shot First: Can I just say wow. This is incredible. I loved the first book on Zelda, and this is something even more special. I cannot wait to...
- SaturnValley: Amazing! I love the 90’s aesthetic. This is perfect timing since I was planning on getting this for Christmas, really hope it...