EarthBound Hack: Hallow’s End
A couple days ago, EarthBound-hacking expert H.S made a post on Starmen.Net about a graphical glitch I never noticed before – apparently the high-level PSI Thunder animations have a little goof!
For reference, here’s a screenshot of it being used:
It seems fine, but H.S points out:
Well, in one of the frames of the Thunder Gamma/Omega animation, a rectangle erroneously appears at the bottom of the screen. It’s partially blocked by the character boxes, so it can be harder to see when you have more characters in your party. You most likely won’t get to use this PSI until you have 4 characters, so that might be why most players don’t notice it. Also, because Thunder just isn’t used much.
So here’s a picture with just one party member using PSI Thunder:
Yep, there’s definitely a weird rectangle there!
I guess I just never noticed it before because I thought it was meant to be there. Now I’m never gonna unsee it 😯
Actually, that reminds me of way back around the time the game had been released, I got some of the earlier PSI Thunder animations to look really glitchy. It was on an actual cartridge, before SNES emulators were really even around. I wish I knew what was up with it, I got it to happen a few times during that playthrough but have never seen it since…
Other Related Posts:
9 Comments to PSI Thunder Animation Glitch
Featured Item on eBay:
EarthBound (Super Nintendo Entertainment System, 1995) SNES - Authentic -
- Moonside: I know this is very unrelated to the topic but, what ever happened the Chewy’s Novel Translation? The webpage now asks for a...
- Anonymous: “…while EarthBound is just a game, it’s one of those rare games that brings out the best in people.” <–...
- game4brains: As someone who’s half-Korean, this is pretty interesting to me, particularly because this was published during a period where...
- KingMike: I think the other SFC game in the review scores are Live A Live and some baseball game (Super Power League 2)?
- StarmanAlex: @Chivi-chivik My beta remake is gonna be so obsolete if this continues