MOTHER 2 Giygas Typing Game
October 23rd, 2013 | MOTHER 3
Brian sent this in the other day about the latest Pokemon games:
Hi, Tomato. First of all, just wanted to thank you for all the work you’ve done in both the translation/localization scene and the Mother fandom.
So here’s the thing; I’ve just started Pokemon X, and I wanted to set my trainer message to something that would reflect my love of the Mother series. Fuzzy Pickles is my usual choice, but I’m a bit more partial to Mother 3 nowadays, so I wanted something that would show my love for it.
I’m not sure if you’re aware of this, but “Tonda Gossa” is flagged as inappropriate language, and the game won’t allow you to enter it as a greeting. “Tonda” or “Gossa” are fine on their own, but not together.
It’s not just Pokemon X, either. I’ve tried to set this as my status message only to receive the same error. Oddly enough, it works for Streetpass.
I’m really not sure why this phrase wouldn’t be allowed – it’s not a bad word and to the best of my knowledge it seems to be a phrase Shigesato Itoi coined for MOTHER 3.
My computer programmy instincts make me wonder if it’s just a false hit via some sort of hash table, but it seems strange to use a hash table for unallowed words, so I dunno. Is anyone else having this problem? I don’t own a copy of the games so I can’t try it out for myself.
Other Related Posts:
38 Comments to Pokemon and Tonda Gossa
- Sat: 2000$ is almost what I’d pay for that jacket, gosh. Are those EB64 screenshots in full res ? Is there more to see? Even if we’ve...
- Fred bounder: You missed the pk album from fangamer!!
- KingOfSwords: For those who don’t know, the Lasagna Cat video is a reference to “Colin’s Bear Animation”:...
- neonix: Dang, somehow I didn’t catch wind of that ruler auction. I would have been in the bidding for it. Oh well, guess I’ll keep...
- Leeaux: And I just posted wondering where you went! Great stuff.