Chimera Hunt in the Chimera Lab
October 23rd, 2013 | MOTHER 3
Brian sent this in the other day about the latest Pokemon games:
Hi, Tomato. First of all, just wanted to thank you for all the work you’ve done in both the translation/localization scene and the Mother fandom.
So here’s the thing; I’ve just started Pokemon X, and I wanted to set my trainer message to something that would reflect my love of the Mother series. Fuzzy Pickles is my usual choice, but I’m a bit more partial to Mother 3 nowadays, so I wanted something that would show my love for it.
I’m not sure if you’re aware of this, but “Tonda Gossa” is flagged as inappropriate language, and the game won’t allow you to enter it as a greeting. “Tonda” or “Gossa” are fine on their own, but not together.
It’s not just Pokemon X, either. I’ve tried to set this as my status message only to receive the same error. Oddly enough, it works for Streetpass.
I’m really not sure why this phrase wouldn’t be allowed – it’s not a bad word and to the best of my knowledge it seems to be a phrase Shigesato Itoi coined for MOTHER 3.
My computer programmy instincts make me wonder if it’s just a false hit via some sort of hash table, but it seems strange to use a hash table for unallowed words, so I dunno. Is anyone else having this problem? I don’t own a copy of the games so I can’t try it out for myself.
Other Related Posts:
38 Comments to Pokemon and Tonda Gossa
Leave a reply
- Lucas: Even EarthBound HD Collection(Zero,EarthBound,2) may see light of a day only to Wii U.
- dragonwarriorquestsagain: This is really neat.
- Chivi-chivik: Holy shit, their computer must have a shitload of Gigs of RAM! I’d love to go through there!!!
- game4brains: I believe that his blue skin was a result of improper protection when he traveled to the Cave of the Past. This justifies why he...
- Viridi: They seem to have the most trouble with menues