October 17th, 2013 | Images, Manga, MOTHER 1

While we’re on the topic of MOTHER/EarthBound cameos in stuff, here’s another!

I’ve read Gintama manga Chapter 416. I found that they said about Earthbound (Mother2) advertise leaflet a lot, and have some parody of this leaflet. This manga is really popular, and I’m glad that everyone still remember Earthbound.

This is a parody of the live-action scene used for the MOTHER commercial and other promo materials:

mother1

I actually don’t know much about Gintama, I’ve only heard about it a lot. Maybe I oughta check it out sometime!

Thanks to Lollta for the tip!

9 Comments to MOTHER Reference in Gintama

Chivi-chivik said on Oct. 17, 2013

This more than a reference is a clear mention and parody. Anyway, I’m happy

Justin said on Oct. 17, 2013

Gintama is pretty funny. Haven’t read the manga, only seen the anime. Quite a bit of classic gaming references in there.

WhatsHerFace said on Oct. 17, 2013

Gintama is amazing. Definitely check it out.

SuperStarman said on Oct. 17, 2013

I wanna read this manga now! Is it ongoing?! o.o

3DKirby said on Oct. 18, 2013

I’ve seen that someone find another MOTHER reference in Gintama. It’s about Itoi’s nose or what. BTW,This manga is AWESOME!!!

ThisGuyInTheSuit said on Oct. 18, 2013

This site here is a bit more on the references, for anyone who wants to know more.

NT said on Oct. 19, 2013

You can see the same poster on Shigeru Miyamoto’s desk back in the day… Look below the lamp, right above the frame of the inset photo on the bottom left!

Mr. Copycat said on Oct. 25, 2013

All I know is that Gintama is getting the furry world in a ball of hype.

Even In Your Manga Book... said on Dec. 17, 2013

P.S.I.! Wow. It would be funny to see the main character light of a PK Rockin Ω or something right after that…

• Nessential: The stock is still pending listing, but you can find it on Bloomberg here: https://www.bloomberg.com/quot e/3560:JP I might buy some of...
  • DJ: Well, unless they lose the big account and their financial manager hangs himself. Then they’ll have to figure something else out just in...
  • KingMike: Buy all the stock so we can make him make Mother 4. 😛 (no, it wouldn’t turn out good unless Itoi wanted to make it)
  • Shigesato Itoi: Yeah I’m gonna be freaking rich and i stole cash from my dead father btw XD
  • StarmanAlex: EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEE