Franklin Badge History & Details
October 24th, 2013 | MOTHER 1
A pretty common question I get is something like this one, which Josh B. sent in a while back:
You’re probably really confused by the title, but I just need to ask this. Has there ever been a translation of the famicom version of Mother 1 but that keeps the same menu, dungeon, and world layouts? As in, excluding the look option and the longer Magicant exit?
To the best of my knowledge, there aren’t any fan translations of the Famicom MOTHER game yet. It certainly wouldn’t be hard to do, but it would still be a good amount of work, and the space restriction demon might rear its head once in a while.
For those not in the know, the NES version of the game had a lot of changes and improvements made, including things like map changes, new options, an expanded ending, etc. MOTHER 1+2 retained these enhancements, so there’s always been a bit of fan interest to experience the original game as it was originally released.
I don’t intend to do a Famicom MOTHER translation, but I hope someone will try sometime. I know there were a few attempts in the past, but it sounds like they didn’t get very far. I’m sure it’ll happen one of these days though!
Other Related Posts:
5 Comments to MOTHER Famicom Translation Stuff
Featured Item on eBay:
EarthBound (Super Nintendo Entertainment System, 1995) SNES RARE TESTED & SAVES
- sahara desert morocco: Its not my first time to visit this site, i am visiting this site dailly and take nice data from here everyday.
- yellowyOshi398: I like this. It runs the gamut of your usual Mother-esque choices while also throwing in some more obscure games that are still...
- Paul: Until Nintendo gives Mato a cease-and-desist order about the fan translation (at the very least), I’m not convinced that they’re...
- Paul: Didn’t Mato say that he had offered to give the code for the fan translation to Nintendo? Would Nintendo have any reason not to accept...
- CRefice: Pretty good! Except Municipio means Town Hall. So 5/6, not bad!