EarthBound Wedding Invitations
October 24th, 2013 | MOTHER 1
A pretty common question I get is something like this one, which Josh B. sent in a while back:
You’re probably really confused by the title, but I just need to ask this. Has there ever been a translation of the famicom version of Mother 1 but that keeps the same menu, dungeon, and world layouts? As in, excluding the look option and the longer Magicant exit?
To the best of my knowledge, there aren’t any fan translations of the Famicom MOTHER game yet. It certainly wouldn’t be hard to do, but it would still be a good amount of work, and the space restriction demon might rear its head once in a while.
For those not in the know, the NES version of the game had a lot of changes and improvements made, including things like map changes, new options, an expanded ending, etc. MOTHER 1+2 retained these enhancements, so there’s always been a bit of fan interest to experience the original game as it was originally released.
I don’t intend to do a Famicom MOTHER translation, but I hope someone will try sometime. I know there were a few attempts in the past, but it sounds like they didn’t get very far. I’m sure it’ll happen one of these days though!
Other Related Posts:
5 Comments to MOTHER Famicom Translation Stuff
- Sat: Fangamer in Japan! Lucky them. What’s going on behind the scenes? They’re coming back with the EarthBound 64 prototype,...
- EdgeTheLucas: @DJMankiewicz I can confirm that Undertale really does feel like another Mother game, or at least it proudly uses the same spirit the...
- Star and Moon: It’s not that big of a deal that Itoi isn’t making Mother 4, because the Mother 4 fangame is almost finished.
- Bionicfemme: I was so surprised when he said that Pokey was his favorite character! I’ve tried really hard to see more about what makes Pokey...
- DJMankiewicz: I suspect we don’t know what sorts of e-mails he’s been getting from the west. We’re all pretty well behaved here,...