A Look at Shigesato Itoi
October 24th, 2013 | MOTHER 1
A pretty common question I get is something like this one, which Josh B. sent in a while back:
You’re probably really confused by the title, but I just need to ask this. Has there ever been a translation of the famicom version of Mother 1 but that keeps the same menu, dungeon, and world layouts? As in, excluding the look option and the longer Magicant exit?
To the best of my knowledge, there aren’t any fan translations of the Famicom MOTHER game yet. It certainly wouldn’t be hard to do, but it would still be a good amount of work, and the space restriction demon might rear its head once in a while.
For those not in the know, the NES version of the game had a lot of changes and improvements made, including things like map changes, new options, an expanded ending, etc. MOTHER 1+2 retained these enhancements, so there’s always been a bit of fan interest to experience the original game as it was originally released.
I don’t intend to do a Famicom MOTHER translation, but I hope someone will try sometime. I know there were a few attempts in the past, but it sounds like they didn’t get very far. I’m sure it’ll happen one of these days though!
Other Related Posts:
5 Comments to MOTHER Famicom Translation Stuff
Featured Item on eBay:
Earthbound Super Nintendo SNES Game Cartridge Earth Bound Cart Good
- Dr.x: Thanks. I’ll do that Crav.
- ohgreat: @justin k no, do not do that. Sending a virtual machine with commercial software installed is illegal if you are not authorized to do so.
- Crav: Dr. X, if you’re in chapter 7, just check your ship’s console next to Zarbol. Niiue made it available as soon as you came back.
- Ejruss25: Ah, I remember this game. I distinctly remember being profoundly disturbed by it towards the end. It does a very excellent job of keeping...
- Dr.x: I had fun just reading the pictures just now.