You Encounter an EarthBound Shirt Trio!
October 24th, 2013 | MOTHER 1
A pretty common question I get is something like this one, which Josh B. sent in a while back:
You’re probably really confused by the title, but I just need to ask this. Has there ever been a translation of the famicom version of Mother 1 but that keeps the same menu, dungeon, and world layouts? As in, excluding the look option and the longer Magicant exit?
To the best of my knowledge, there aren’t any fan translations of the Famicom MOTHER game yet. It certainly wouldn’t be hard to do, but it would still be a good amount of work, and the space restriction demon might rear its head once in a while.
For those not in the know, the NES version of the game had a lot of changes and improvements made, including things like map changes, new options, an expanded ending, etc. MOTHER 1+2 retained these enhancements, so there’s always been a bit of fan interest to experience the original game as it was originally released.
I don’t intend to do a Famicom MOTHER translation, but I hope someone will try sometime. I know there were a few attempts in the past, but it sounds like they didn’t get very far. I’m sure it’ll happen one of these days though!
Other Related Posts:
5 Comments to MOTHER Famicom Translation Stuff
Featured Item on eBay:
EarthBound 2 MOTHER 2 Game Book / SNES
- EpicJackman: I personally prefer the pixel version. Magicant is probably my favorite stage in the game (then again, they’re all awesome). I...
- Oniglut: For a second, I thought the article talked about the flying man being a part of the SSB4 roster. Which would have been hella cool but...
- Raiden: Wow. This game has a die hard fanbase. It might be small but it’s really strong. It kinda makes me want to play this game again.
- Anonymous: They probably haxed both of them at once to show the difference for people who haven’t played the game
- TheConfuZzledDude: I still find it a bit strange how the pixel version is right next to it. Maybe it was supposed to go 3d when you tagged it?