Japan Wants a MOTHER Movie
October 24th, 2013 | MOTHER 1
A pretty common question I get is something like this one, which Josh B. sent in a while back:
You’re probably really confused by the title, but I just need to ask this. Has there ever been a translation of the famicom version of Mother 1 but that keeps the same menu, dungeon, and world layouts? As in, excluding the look option and the longer Magicant exit?
To the best of my knowledge, there aren’t any fan translations of the Famicom MOTHER game yet. It certainly wouldn’t be hard to do, but it would still be a good amount of work, and the space restriction demon might rear its head once in a while.
For those not in the know, the NES version of the game had a lot of changes and improvements made, including things like map changes, new options, an expanded ending, etc. MOTHER 1+2 retained these enhancements, so there’s always been a bit of fan interest to experience the original game as it was originally released.
I don’t intend to do a Famicom MOTHER translation, but I hope someone will try sometime. I know there were a few attempts in the past, but it sounds like they didn’t get very far. I’m sure it’ll happen one of these days though!
Other Related Posts:
5 Comments to MOTHER Famicom Translation Stuff
- tintinophile691: Man, it’s been a while since I posted here. This is the first of two patches I have used which attempts to restore censored...
- Okay!: Seeing stuff like this makes me glad I check up on Earthboundcentral every once in a while. All the music on this youtube channel is great!
- Robert: It’s very cool how you guys came up with original names for the less interesting characters. You did a great job. If nintendo ever...
- crabbyRhys: This was a really cool interview! It makes me want to do something highlighting some of the games that had a big impact on me. Also, if...
- Xi: I’m really looking forward to future chapters of the Mother 3 translation notes. Thanks for all of your hard work!