MOTHER 2 Novel Translation-athon!
October 24th, 2013 | MOTHER 1
A pretty common question I get is something like this one, which Josh B. sent in a while back:
You’re probably really confused by the title, but I just need to ask this. Has there ever been a translation of the famicom version of Mother 1 but that keeps the same menu, dungeon, and world layouts? As in, excluding the look option and the longer Magicant exit?
To the best of my knowledge, there aren’t any fan translations of the Famicom MOTHER game yet. It certainly wouldn’t be hard to do, but it would still be a good amount of work, and the space restriction demon might rear its head once in a while.
For those not in the know, the NES version of the game had a lot of changes and improvements made, including things like map changes, new options, an expanded ending, etc. MOTHER 1+2 retained these enhancements, so there’s always been a bit of fan interest to experience the original game as it was originally released.
I don’t intend to do a Famicom MOTHER translation, but I hope someone will try sometime. I know there were a few attempts in the past, but it sounds like they didn’t get very far. I’m sure it’ll happen one of these days though!
Other Related Posts:
5 Comments to MOTHER Famicom Translation Stuff
Featured Item on eBay:
Strategy Guide ~ Earthbound - Nintendo Player's Guide
- Anonymous: Sorry for the stupid question, but what is a planner? I’m not a native English-speaker, and that’s the first time I...
- UbaNess: Would love to buy one of these!
- BoaTransistor: Chivi-chivik, the listing is now up on the techo site: http://www.1101.com/store/tech o/2015/detail_cover/c_p_mother 2.html The...
- Chivi-chivik: I need to know how much does this cost so I can get one O_O
- JBRC: As for the MOTHER 2 side… I’ll make a post on my blog about this sometime, but even if the GBA had top-notch sound quality, it...