The Church of Ness
Since this seems to be Unofficial Reference Week here at EB Central, here’s another possible reference, this time a MOTHER 3 one in Pokemon X & Y. Dylankernou writes:
So in Pokemon X and Y in “Shalour City” I noticed what I assume to be a Mother 3 reference in the Pokemon Center, a punk NPC gives out the follow text: “I’ve been playing this sweet game recently, you play as this cool little dude who runs around and whacks enemies to the beat of the music!” I found this to be a neat little nod to Mother 3, however I also feel that this was added in by the translator, who also included memes and the like, still nice to see Mother 3 not being left out on remembrance eh?
And here’s the line in question:
It’s vague enough that it could be referencing a lot of things (or nothing in particular), so although I’m not 100% sure it’s a MOTHER 3 reference I have heard that these latest Pokemon localizations have references to other games in them. Is that true? I haven’t been paying much attention, so maybe I’m thinking of something else.
I do hope it’s a MOTHER 3 reference though!
Other Related Posts:
26 Comments to MOTHER 3 Reference in Pokemon X and Y?
- Anonymous: This is too cute. Also, for a while there, I was starting to think all Pokémon would appear.
- AwelCruiz: Hate to be “that guy”, but Banjo-Kazooie and Conker aren’t Nintendo properties. They may have been at one point, but...
- Chivi-chivik: Didn’t expect Splatoon to go first, honestly (>ヮ<)
- Leeaux: This is cool. Man it must have taken forever for him to do all these though. Geez! Bless you Tomato! This is all I have while I wait on...
- KingOfSwords: The Memories civer looks beautiful ;.;