Translated MOTHER 2 Manga
Since this seems to be Unofficial Reference Week here at EB Central, here’s another possible reference, this time a MOTHER 3 one in Pokemon X & Y. Dylankernou writes:
So in Pokemon X and Y in “Shalour City” I noticed what I assume to be a Mother 3 reference in the Pokemon Center, a punk NPC gives out the follow text: “I’ve been playing this sweet game recently, you play as this cool little dude who runs around and whacks enemies to the beat of the music!” I found this to be a neat little nod to Mother 3, however I also feel that this was added in by the translator, who also included memes and the like, still nice to see Mother 3 not being left out on remembrance eh?
And here’s the line in question:
It’s vague enough that it could be referencing a lot of things (or nothing in particular), so although I’m not 100% sure it’s a MOTHER 3 reference I have heard that these latest Pokemon localizations have references to other games in them. Is that true? I haven’t been paying much attention, so maybe I’m thinking of something else.
I do hope it’s a MOTHER 3 reference though!
Other Related Posts:
26 Comments to MOTHER 3 Reference in Pokemon X and Y?
- Leeaux: Hey I just saw this! Really interesting watch to. Lots of little fun facts.
- Mary: The “behind the scenes” video on how the Ness animation was made is great too. The animators channel is A + Start.
- NecrosaroIII: Itoi setting up his retirement
- Kamrom: My Recipe For Earthbound Rock Candy: 1. Get rock candy 2. Pour sugar on it 3. Watch as the sugar falls off 4. Eat the rock candy, clean up...
- Nessential: The stock is still pending listing, but you can find it on Bloomberg here: https://www.bloomberg.com/quot e/3560:JP I might buy some of...