Reach Magicant at Level 9 on the Wii U EarthBound!
When I was in high school, one of the unexpected highlights was that I had to get a fancy calculator for some of my classes. I used to make little games of my own on it, and eventually people figured out how to put fancier games on them.
Since then, calculators have become a haven for game programming hobbyists. One cool example is this project by Eiyeron to put together a MOTHER 3-like engine on a TI calculator:
Man, at first I was expecting just a simple system like what I had made as a kid, but this has working menus, rolling HP/PP meters, variable number of party members, enemies, background animations, and more! Very impressive work so far!
If you’re interested, you can find more pics and details here, and even some downloadable demos! Man, this makes me wish I still had my old calculators…
Other Related Posts:
18 Comments to MOTHER 3, Calculator Edition
- Anonymous: @ an actually reasonable person “how DARE someone express their opinion on an online reviewer! The NERVE of some people!”
- Opinionated Vector Chimera: @An actually reasonable person I don’t watch random game reviewers anymore but that comment you wrote is pretty...
- LucasPSI: It really does seem like he doesn’t care about Mother 1 or 3…
- Chivi-chivik: This game’s epic and must never be forgotten ^w^
- PsyschoDriver: I actually prefer the name Psycho Car. That being said I could never beat these things without the Easy Ring patch. MOTHER is a...