MOTHER 3 for Haiti, Part 2
When I was in high school, one of the unexpected highlights was that I had to get a fancy calculator for some of my classes. I used to make little games of my own on it, and eventually people figured out how to put fancier games on them.
Since then, calculators have become a haven for game programming hobbyists. One cool example is this project by Eiyeron to put together a MOTHER 3-like engine on a TI calculator:
Man, at first I was expecting just a simple system like what I had made as a kid, but this has working menus, rolling HP/PP meters, variable number of party members, enemies, background animations, and more! Very impressive work so far!
If you’re interested, you can find more pics and details here, and even some downloadable demos! Man, this makes me wish I still had my old calculators…
Other Related Posts:
18 Comments to MOTHER 3, Calculator Edition
- Moonside: I won’t believe M3 in US til I see it myself. And if they continue with the trend of putting it on the Wii U (or making it N3DS...
- swifter43: hey, anonymous, I already said this earlier
- Anonymous: Mayo, IGN is reporting that Mother 3 is “rumored” for Wii U Virtual Console release in North America. What say you?
- swifter43: Schlupi,I was thinking the same thing! I hope it’s that he’s been contacted by Nintendo, even though I’ve played...
- Schlupi: Swifter stole the words out of my mouth. I am in disbelief but I want to believe that it’s happening. The fact that I haven’t...