Shigesato Itoi, Giygas, and Boobies
When I was in high school, one of the unexpected highlights was that I had to get a fancy calculator for some of my classes. I used to make little games of my own on it, and eventually people figured out how to put fancier games on them.
Since then, calculators have become a haven for game programming hobbyists. One cool example is this project by Eiyeron to put together a MOTHER 3-like engine on a TI calculator:
Man, at first I was expecting just a simple system like what I had made as a kid, but this has working menus, rolling HP/PP meters, variable number of party members, enemies, background animations, and more! Very impressive work so far!
If you’re interested, you can find more pics and details here, and even some downloadable demos! Man, this makes me wish I still had my old calculators…
Other Related Posts:
18 Comments to MOTHER 3, Calculator Edition
- Peanutcheesebars: Truly a really fun ability to play. I don’t think they’ve made an Earthbound connection quite like this since the...
- Atomikku123: I got super-jealous when he showed the “Cave of the Past/Dierdre” instrument so I used Garageband iOS to record the...
- KingOfSwords: Ness neither turns invisible nor creates electric fields. What is this.
- Chivi-chivik: The reference was VERY obvious, to be honest XD
- AwelCruiz: Luckily for you, I posted about it in MiiVerse: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cl v-IffXIAAE8-X.jpg:large Excuse the quality, it was taken...