MOTHER 1+2 Selection Screen
When I was in high school, one of the unexpected highlights was that I had to get a fancy calculator for some of my classes. I used to make little games of my own on it, and eventually people figured out how to put fancier games on them.
Since then, calculators have become a haven for game programming hobbyists. One cool example is this project by Eiyeron to put together a MOTHER 3-like engine on a TI calculator:
Man, at first I was expecting just a simple system like what I had made as a kid, but this has working menus, rolling HP/PP meters, variable number of party members, enemies, background animations, and more! Very impressive work so far!
If you’re interested, you can find more pics and details here, and even some downloadable demos! Man, this makes me wish I still had my old calculators…
Other Related Posts:
18 Comments to MOTHER 3, Calculator Edition
- swifter43: Won’t be able to watch next week
- BusterTheFox: Oh! The key for how to read it is at the bottom! So there’s that. I think most people would put that sort of thing at the top....
- BusterTheFox: I don’t really understand what the graph is trying to illustrate here. xD Why does the box for Family Matters: Second Movement...
- suomynonA: @Anon +1 I agree
- L4V3ND3R: I cannot wait till everything comes full circle. .w.