EB in Official Nintendo Magazine
When I was in high school, one of the unexpected highlights was that I had to get a fancy calculator for some of my classes. I used to make little games of my own on it, and eventually people figured out how to put fancier games on them.
Since then, calculators have become a haven for game programming hobbyists. One cool example is this project by Eiyeron to put together a MOTHER 3-like engine on a TI calculator:
Man, at first I was expecting just a simple system like what I had made as a kid, but this has working menus, rolling HP/PP meters, variable number of party members, enemies, background animations, and more! Very impressive work so far!
If you’re interested, you can find more pics and details here, and even some downloadable demos! Man, this makes me wish I still had my old calculators…
Other Related Posts:
18 Comments to MOTHER 3, Calculator Edition
Leave a reply
Featured Item on eBay:
MOTHER2 JEFF mini figure strap Takara Japan
- Lucas: Even EarthBound HD Collection(Zero,EarthBound,2) may see light of a day only to Wii U.
- dragonwarriorquestsagain: This is really neat.
- Chivi-chivik: Holy shit, their computer must have a shitload of Gigs of RAM! I’d love to go through there!!!
- game4brains: I believe that his blue skin was a result of improper protection when he traveled to the Cave of the Past. This justifies why he...
- Viridi: They seem to have the most trouble with menues