EarthBound Across Generations
When I was in high school, one of the unexpected highlights was that I had to get a fancy calculator for some of my classes. I used to make little games of my own on it, and eventually people figured out how to put fancier games on them.
Since then, calculators have become a haven for game programming hobbyists. One cool example is this project by Eiyeron to put together a MOTHER 3-like engine on a TI calculator:
Man, at first I was expecting just a simple system like what I had made as a kid, but this has working menus, rolling HP/PP meters, variable number of party members, enemies, background animations, and more! Very impressive work so far!
If you’re interested, you can find more pics and details here, and even some downloadable demos! Man, this makes me wish I still had my old calculators…
Other Related Posts:
17 Comments to MOTHER 3, Calculator Edition
Leave a reply
- Knights and Dragons Cheats: Hi there! This blog post could not be written much better! Reading through this article reminds me of my previous...
- BusterTheFox: So cool. I have nothing Mother/EarthBound themed at all in my home (Aside from some data on my Wii U of course). I’m not rich,...
- September: Awww. I’d pay someone living in Japan to get one and send it all the way over here to Sweden. I’m so jealous, haha. Once...
- Mr. Tenda: 200 yen, huh? That means they’ll be like $40 on eBay, I guess. Man, it sure would be nice to live in Japan…
- BobLikesToFart: I am making a mother 4 fangame and graphics are alkie