Shigesato Itoi’s Music Shop
A good while back I posted about map differences between the Famicom version of MOTHER and the NES English version. For example, the Magicant cave was redone and the path leading to Holy Loly Mountain/Mt. Itoi was simplified.
Those weren’t the only changes though! Here are a few more!
First, Halloween/Spookane had the town layout slightly altered, and things were streamlined a little more to sort of funnel the player in the right direction:
It’s hard to see just from those thumbnails – the roads on the southwest side are different, and the path leading into the residential area is different.
The next difference not a lot of people know about is that there’s a cave entrance on the mountain that exists in the Japanese version but was taken out of the English version:
This cave leads to the room full of kidnapped people in tubes. In the English version, this cave was added to an all-new path that was added right before the final boss.
Anyway, as far as I know these are all the biggest map changes. Well, the haunted house was also simplified a bit, but I still need to explore it better to see how exactly the layouts are different. And an extra store was added to the Reindeer department store building. Hopefully I’m not forgetting anything else!
Other Related Posts:
5 Comments to More EB Zero Map Differences
- KingOfSwords: Breaking news: MOTHER 3 rumored for Western release, just as it has been every day for the last ten years or more.
- Drake Wolf: Sincerely, I want this rumor to be true. Sadly, I know that I should take that rumor with a grain of salt. Remember the M3-KM carts and...
- Mother2fan: I really hope NOA releases it, but I would also have a very hard time accepting a translation other than Mato’s. The game I fell...
- Jerky: I wouldn’t be surprised if it turned out to be true. Contrary to what seemingly every other EB fan thinks, I really don’t think...
- vince94: They know how attached/devoted we are to the world and the characters, I don’t think they’d change much. The backlash would be...