Fan-made Mr. Saturn Ladder Figure
A good while back I posted about map differences between the Famicom version of MOTHER and the NES English version. For example, the Magicant cave was redone and the path leading to Holy Loly Mountain/Mt. Itoi was simplified.
Those weren’t the only changes though! Here are a few more!
First, Halloween/Spookane had the town layout slightly altered, and things were streamlined a little more to sort of funnel the player in the right direction:
It’s hard to see just from those thumbnails – the roads on the southwest side are different, and the path leading into the residential area is different.
The next difference not a lot of people know about is that there’s a cave entrance on the mountain that exists in the Japanese version but was taken out of the English version:
This cave leads to the room full of kidnapped people in tubes. In the English version, this cave was added to an all-new path that was added right before the final boss.
Anyway, as far as I know these are all the biggest map changes. Well, the haunted house was also simplified a bit, but I still need to explore it better to see how exactly the layouts are different. And an extra store was added to the Reindeer department store building. Hopefully I’m not forgetting anything else!
Other Related Posts:
5 Comments to More EB Zero Map Differences
- him: prepare for new Azure Studios game called MOTHER Origins/EBZ-.It’s starting after releasing after MOTHER 4 fan game.It will contain...
- Mother/EB: Umm, someone please delete the first comment.
- Mother/EB: @Psi Troy I would love more OFFICIAL Mother games. If it would ever come to, I wouldn’t let it pass me. I would feel like the...
- Mother/EB: I would love more OFFICIAL Mother games. If it would ever come to, I wouldn’t let it pass me. I would feel like the people on...
- Mother/EB: @Anonymous I would love nothing better than the Mother 2 portion of the Mother 1+2 GBA cart to be translated. I know every single...