Nintendo’s MOTHER 3-related Patent
A good while back I posted about map differences between the Famicom version of MOTHER and the NES English version. For example, the Magicant cave was redone and the path leading to Holy Loly Mountain/Mt. Itoi was simplified.
Those weren’t the only changes though! Here are a few more!
First, Halloween/Spookane had the town layout slightly altered, and things were streamlined a little more to sort of funnel the player in the right direction:
It’s hard to see just from those thumbnails – the roads on the southwest side are different, and the path leading into the residential area is different.
The next difference not a lot of people know about is that there’s a cave entrance on the mountain that exists in the Japanese version but was taken out of the English version:
This cave leads to the room full of kidnapped people in tubes. In the English version, this cave was added to an all-new path that was added right before the final boss.
Anyway, as far as I know these are all the biggest map changes. Well, the haunted house was also simplified a bit, but I still need to explore it better to see how exactly the layouts are different. And an extra store was added to the Reindeer department store building. Hopefully I’m not forgetting anything else!
Other Related Posts:
5 Comments to More EB Zero Map Differences
- TGK Ty: @Nathan You would like to purchase my design? I’ll see if it is possible to share them.
- Nathan: Can someone link me to the specific page for this skin? Can’t find any results for ‘Mother’ or ‘Earthbound’...
- TGK Ty: @Vegetable man Ah, no problem!
- Vegetable man: thanks for this TY
- TGK Ty: Oh my gosh! I got featured! I honestly didn’t think I would. Thank you so much for featuring me! -Ty (PS: For those who don’t...