EarthBound Anthology for Sale
A good while back I posted about map differences between the Famicom version of MOTHER and the NES English version. For example, the Magicant cave was redone and the path leading to Holy Loly Mountain/Mt. Itoi was simplified.
Those weren’t the only changes though! Here are a few more!
First, Halloween/Spookane had the town layout slightly altered, and things were streamlined a little more to sort of funnel the player in the right direction:
It’s hard to see just from those thumbnails – the roads on the southwest side are different, and the path leading into the residential area is different.
The next difference not a lot of people know about is that there’s a cave entrance on the mountain that exists in the Japanese version but was taken out of the English version:
This cave leads to the room full of kidnapped people in tubes. In the English version, this cave was added to an all-new path that was added right before the final boss.
Anyway, as far as I know these are all the biggest map changes. Well, the haunted house was also simplified a bit, but I still need to explore it better to see how exactly the layouts are different. And an extra store was added to the Reindeer department store building. Hopefully I’m not forgetting anything else!
Other Related Posts:
5 Comments to More EB Zero Map Differences
Featured Item on eBay:
MOTHER Hisshou Kouryaku Game Guide Kanzen Book Japan Famicom RARE JN*
- neonix: It’s a Mr. Saturn enema bag…
- neonix: I think it only makes sense for Magicant to also be in the Wii U version. They said that exclusive stages for each game would be ones based...
- AConcernedGamer: Keep in mind that a Masterpiece does not necessarily need to begin at the time that the guest console is booting up. Super Smash...
- MysterySprite22: This is weird, but not as weird as the belly warmers. xD
- Toby: I doubt you could get to Jr./Son of Starman, as you would need to have everything memorized to come even close. Besides you also have that...