EarthBound Delivery System
I recently read on a really nice, thorough, well-researched Japanese MOTHER 2 site that it’s possible to cause a bug in the game that I’ve never heard of before.
Basically, it supposedly goes like this – you use the For Sale Sign, then, while waiting for the customer to show up, you learn Teleport Alpha from the monkey. If timed right, the customer will show up as soon as the “you learned Teleport” message pops up. Then the game will freeze.
I tried this a few times with MOTHER 2 and with EarthBound, but I never got it to work quite right. The customer would just never show up until I moved to a new map. This makes me wonder if maybe there were some bug-fixed versions of MOTHER 2… does anyone know?
Also, if anyone CAN get this bug to work, let me know! It might seem crazy to care about a bug that freezes the game, but it could someday lead to new tricks and glitches, similar to how the circus tent glitch wound up being used for speedruns and other fun stuff.
Other Related Posts:
6 Comments to EarthBound Teleport Bug?
- Zelda: I meant a hack not vc
- Halloween: English trailer is awesome!
- Mato: I can’t remember – I think I did, but it’s been so long that it might’ve been before EB Central existed, in which...
- yui: Tomato, did you cover Itoi’s cave adventures here yet? I remember you talking about them a long time ago but maybe people are...
- Mato: KaisaJesta: I’ve always been curious too, but I’ve never heard or read anything on the subject.