More MOTHER 2 Straps For Sale
I recently read on a really nice, thorough, well-researched Japanese MOTHER 2 site that it’s possible to cause a bug in the game that I’ve never heard of before.
Basically, it supposedly goes like this – you use the For Sale Sign, then, while waiting for the customer to show up, you learn Teleport Alpha from the monkey. If timed right, the customer will show up as soon as the “you learned Teleport” message pops up. Then the game will freeze.
I tried this a few times with MOTHER 2 and with EarthBound, but I never got it to work quite right. The customer would just never show up until I moved to a new map. This makes me wonder if maybe there were some bug-fixed versions of MOTHER 2… does anyone know?
Also, if anyone CAN get this bug to work, let me know! It might seem crazy to care about a bug that freezes the game, but it could someday lead to new tricks and glitches, similar to how the circus tent glitch wound up being used for speedruns and other fun stuff.
Other Related Posts:
6 Comments to EarthBound Teleport Bug?
- Mother2fan: I can’t even fathom why they would make such a minute change to that battle background.
- DJMankiewicz: Very interesting. I had suspected that Earthbound’s “dulled” battle effects were done in emulator rather than as a...
- Chivi-chivik: I think that the lightning change in the ‘PK Flash get’ animation was put so you can see better how the lightning strikes...
- joe411: Perhaps some changes were made since the Wii U’s GBA emukator adds a darker color filter?
- Mato: DIO: We checked those too, Mother 2 has so many versions that I dunno what to call the Wii U version, but it and the New 3DS ones are the...