PSI Rockin’ Ringtone
I recently read on a really nice, thorough, well-researched Japanese MOTHER 2 site that it’s possible to cause a bug in the game that I’ve never heard of before.
Basically, it supposedly goes like this – you use the For Sale Sign, then, while waiting for the customer to show up, you learn Teleport Alpha from the monkey. If timed right, the customer will show up as soon as the “you learned Teleport” message pops up. Then the game will freeze.
I tried this a few times with MOTHER 2 and with EarthBound, but I never got it to work quite right. The customer would just never show up until I moved to a new map. This makes me wonder if maybe there were some bug-fixed versions of MOTHER 2… does anyone know?
Also, if anyone CAN get this bug to work, let me know! It might seem crazy to care about a bug that freezes the game, but it could someday lead to new tricks and glitches, similar to how the circus tent glitch wound up being used for speedruns and other fun stuff.
Other Related Posts:
6 Comments to EarthBound Teleport Bug?
- Hyperstar96: @Still_me … What are you talking about? You said Smash Bros. doesn’t include protagonists of older games, when they...
- An E and two 8: I think I’ll play safe and wait to see if this and the other leaks are true before saying something… But, yeah, fake or...
- An E and two 8: Happy B-Day, Mother 2. Even though I haven’t played you as much as everyone on this page has (Only 2 times). You still gave...
- Anonymous: @ an actually reasonable person “how DARE someone express their opinion on an online reviewer! The NERVE of some people!”
- Opinionated Vector Chimera: @An actually reasonable person I don’t watch random game reviewers anymore but that comment you wrote is pretty...