Original Franklin Badge Video
I recently read on a really nice, thorough, well-researched Japanese MOTHER 2 site that it’s possible to cause a bug in the game that I’ve never heard of before.
Basically, it supposedly goes like this – you use the For Sale Sign, then, while waiting for the customer to show up, you learn Teleport Alpha from the monkey. If timed right, the customer will show up as soon as the “you learned Teleport” message pops up. Then the game will freeze.
I tried this a few times with MOTHER 2 and with EarthBound, but I never got it to work quite right. The customer would just never show up until I moved to a new map. This makes me wonder if maybe there were some bug-fixed versions of MOTHER 2… does anyone know?
Also, if anyone CAN get this bug to work, let me know! It might seem crazy to care about a bug that freezes the game, but it could someday lead to new tricks and glitches, similar to how the circus tent glitch wound up being used for speedruns and other fun stuff.
Other Related Posts:
6 Comments to EarthBound Teleport Bug?
- AdmiralCrunch: This was the the last straw that overwhelmed my common sense and forced me to throw in for the whole goodie set. Really excited even...
- Anonymous: i dont know if anyone has seen this but the Porky trophy may be hinting to a mother 4 and 5! I could be wrong of course....
- Mato: Nice, the Kickstarter made it to the stretch goal! I gotta write a book now Jason: It’s legit, but it’s not public yet because...
- G: don’t get me or hate me for this but I am one of those people that don’t like this project. Just saying this is my opinion
- Anonymous: Donated mostly just for this (the Handbook is cool too). I’d buy a Final Fantasy IV Localization book in a millisecond, I can...