MOTHER Series in Nintendo World
I recently read on a really nice, thorough, well-researched Japanese MOTHER 2 site that it’s possible to cause a bug in the game that I’ve never heard of before.
Basically, it supposedly goes like this – you use the For Sale Sign, then, while waiting for the customer to show up, you learn Teleport Alpha from the monkey. If timed right, the customer will show up as soon as the “you learned Teleport” message pops up. Then the game will freeze.
I tried this a few times with MOTHER 2 and with EarthBound, but I never got it to work quite right. The customer would just never show up until I moved to a new map. This makes me wonder if maybe there were some bug-fixed versions of MOTHER 2… does anyone know?
Also, if anyone CAN get this bug to work, let me know! It might seem crazy to care about a bug that freezes the game, but it could someday lead to new tricks and glitches, similar to how the circus tent glitch wound up being used for speedruns and other fun stuff.
Other Related Posts:
6 Comments to EarthBound Teleport Bug?
- An E and two 8: I gotta say, that artwork with the lined up Starmen looks pretty cool.
- Zaxtur: That’s my hack! LOL. So funny. It’s been so long since I’ve touched it, I wouldn’t even know where to begin if I...
- eb64: is it possible to put mother 3 gba on n64 cartridge again?
- RudyC3: It’s even written “REPRODUCTION” in full capitals on one of the picture examples above. How can people think it’s...
- joeymartin64: Love the one with Brawl artwork on it. Nothing says “swear-to-God official version of a game from the mid 90s” quite like...