EarthBound Released on Wii U Virtual Console Today!
I recently read on a really nice, thorough, well-researched Japanese MOTHER 2 site that it’s possible to cause a bug in the game that I’ve never heard of before.
Basically, it supposedly goes like this – you use the For Sale Sign, then, while waiting for the customer to show up, you learn Teleport Alpha from the monkey. If timed right, the customer will show up as soon as the “you learned Teleport” message pops up. Then the game will freeze.
I tried this a few times with MOTHER 2 and with EarthBound, but I never got it to work quite right. The customer would just never show up until I moved to a new map. This makes me wonder if maybe there were some bug-fixed versions of MOTHER 2… does anyone know?
Also, if anyone CAN get this bug to work, let me know! It might seem crazy to care about a bug that freezes the game, but it could someday lead to new tricks and glitches, similar to how the circus tent glitch wound up being used for speedruns and other fun stuff.
Other Related Posts:
6 Comments to EarthBound Teleport Bug?
- earths defender: Oh my gosh yes! Totally going at midnight to get all of the mother goodness! I can’t believe theres so much attention to...
- JamesBond007: I’m going to try the Magicant Stage after unlocking Ness. I’m planning a team battle – Toon Link and Ness vs two...
- Autistic Pichu: NYEAH! This gam suks cuz DK an DX ar in lov insteed of DD an DX! Joking aside, I think the randomizer thing is pretty cool! And now...
- nashton e.: im still suprised that earthbound seems to have more content then xenoblade from what i saw.
- anon: @MatoIf you will, my good man, will you be able to take a screengrab of the Character Selection Screen for me? If you can unlock all...